Metal Storm logo
God Forbid - Doc Coyle Leaves, Band Confirms Split (Update)

UPDATE: [Thanks to Bad English]: God Forbid have officially called it quits, according to their guitarist Matt Wicklund, vocalist Byron Davis and now also on their official Facebook page. It seems like the end has really come for the American band.

Said guitarist Matt Wicklund in a statement: "Hello everyone! As many of you have heard, God Forbid has broken up. It is a sad time for us and also a time of new beginnings. The past 4 years have been an amazing journey for me and I am forever thankful for the experiences I have gained and the musical family that I was welcomed into. I have grown immensely from all of this as an artist and a person. I am very proud of the album Equilibrium that I got to write and record with the guys and I loved every minute I got to play all of the songs, new and old, on stages around the world for all of the wild and loyal GF fans. Thank you all again for the good times. Cheers to all of you and to my Brothers Doc Coyle, John Outcalt, Corey Pierce and Byron Davis.

New chapters are unfolding for all of us and I am taking all I've learned forward into a new and exciting musical adventure. Ghost Ship Octavius is now my main musical outlet and I would be honored to see all of you again and share this new journey with you all! Here's to good memories and to amazing things yet to come!"

On the band's official page, the following message was also posted: "An official statement will be in the works at some point. It's never really over. GF has a healthy catalog, when you start to miss us put in a CD or pick up some merch. Think of it as collectors edition. Real music and passion never dies just transforms."

Original news, published on 17.08.2013: Guitarist/vocalist Doc Coyle has announced that he left New Jersey's thrash metallers God Forbid. He has been with the band since the beginning and has made the difficult decision to leave due to "disorganization and unprofessionalism within the group" among other personal reasons.

He wrote on his blog: "I am sorry to say that I am indeed leaving God Forbid. I started playing with these guys since I was 16 years old. Now I'm 32. You do the math. To say this is difficult and a big move for me would be an understatement. It has been very emotional and very sad for me to actually follow through with this, but I feel in my heart and head that it is the right thing to do."

"Let's first remove the elephant from the room, and explain why I am leaving. I don't want to leave the band, but there are elements of disorganization and unprofessionalism within the group that have made it impossible to be an effectively active band. I don't feel like I'm being treated in a way that meets my standards, so I have to remove myself from the equation. I'm not going into great detail because I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. I still love all the guys in God Forbid. They will always be my family even if there isn't a working band. But just because you love your family doesn't mean you can work with them in a professional sense."

"I am keeping the door open to all forthcoming opportunities and I am not closing the door on God Forbid forever, but now is not the time."

You can read the full statement here.

Source: doccoyle.net
Band profile: God Forbid
Posted: 19.08.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 94 users
18.08.2013 - 00:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Was only a matter of time before the other one left...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

18.08.2013 - 00:56
Uldreth

It's not just him, the whole band broke up. Really sucks

What's happening around here, The Chariot also broke up lately. Damn this makes me sad, I've always liked these guys' music a lot.
18.08.2013 - 06:44
Crème fraiche

That sucks, I've always liked these guys. Very good live.
18.08.2013 - 10:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, it seems that all of the members are following him.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 3206 | This month: 5