Metal Storm logo
Party songs!

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.12.2006 - 19:42
ok, so with the new year's eve approaching insanely fast, list some of your favorite metal songs that can/should be played at parties? my votes go to:
10.manowar-the gods made heavy metal. BRAINWASHING chorus(yes,it is really that catchy)
9.hammerfall-hearts on fire. again, one of the most brainwashingly catchy choruses ever, and gotta love the slower part in the middle just with vocals. you wouldn't resist singing along sober, nevermind being drunk.
8.blind guardian-the bard's song(in the forest). i don't really need to explain this as it is a fucking live killer,with ALL the crowd singing along
7.metallica-whiplash. being a song from the good old early thrash days about this obscure band called "metallica" and how they tour their asses off having loads of fun, wouldn't you think it would make a great party metal song?
6.anthrax-caught in a mosh. the funniest pre-chorus singing ever! "can't stand for another daay.. i ain't gonna live my life this way!!!" the song just begs you to drink another beer.
5.Judas priest-Hot rockin'. another ridiculously catchy song, and it simply makes you get down on your knees and beg for more beer .
4.Iron maiden-run to the hills. quite possibly their only song that actually is fantastic party metal material, and it fucking owns!
3.Black sabbath-paranoid. fuck, even a club music listener knows this one.
2.Nightwish-moondance. no words can describe the feeling this song exudes, it just COMMANDS you to start dancing around the campfire.
1.judas priest-living after midnight. you can listen to it for 10 years and it doesn't become boring. it's such a simple and rudimentary yet unbelievably catchy and repetitive(in a godly maner) song that i can say, without a doubt in my mind that this is the god of all party metal songs..helloween?hammerfall? sonata? motorhead?pantera? none even come close. all hail the king of party metal songs!

other stuff that deserve mentioning: pantera-cowboys from hell, walk; slayer-seasons in the abyss, angel of death; iced earth-violate; judas priest-you've got another thing coming, the sentinel, breaking the law,(insert 80s priest song in here,most of them are good for parties) and ozzy osbourne-the ultimate sin, crazy train.
26.08.2007 - 13:29
Alfa
Account deleted
Metallica-Whiskey in the jar
Always popular
26.08.2007 - 14:24
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I dont think any song is a good party song if the bulk of the people dont know it. I dont really play metal at parties because many of my friends dont like it. I mean sure you can pop a song or two in, but its best to stick with crowd favourites to have a good party, unless of course its a metalhead party haha.
27.08.2007 - 03:30
SteelScream
Account deleted
My Top 5 Metal party music would be:
#5: Children of Bodom - Somebody put something in my Drink
#4: Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
#3: Manowar - Hail and Kill
#2: Judas Priest - Livin' after Midnight
#1: Van Halen - Jump
29.08.2007 - 12:04
Eternal Flames
Manowar songs and glam metal songs usually tend to go well at parties. Manowar really only for metal parties, however glam metal always seems to get the crowd singing along regardless whether they're metal fans or not. A few really notable songs:

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Kiss - Rock And Roll All Night
Kiss - I Was Made For Loving You
Van Halen - Jump

And any AC/DC usually gets everyone pumped.
29.08.2007 - 12:29
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Eternal Flames on 29.08.2007 at 12:04

Manowar songs and glam metal songs usually tend to go well at parties. Manowar really only for metal parties, however glam metal always seems to get the crowd singing along regardless whether they're metal fans or not. A few really notable songs:

Van Halen - Jump

These songs are quite typical of aussie parties, not sure about the rest of the world, but yes, you named all of the songs I had in mind, including anything by AC/DC
02.09.2008 - 04:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The Court of Jarisleif by Turisas is quite fun...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.09.2008 - 11:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 29.08.2007 at 12:29

Written by Eternal Flames on 29.08.2007 at 12:04

Van Halen - Jump

These songs are quite typical of aussie parties, not sure about the rest of the world, but yes, you named all of the songs I had in mind, including anything by AC/DC

Big Balls = epic win... almost perfect to sing and drink along to

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.09.2008 at 04:25

The Court of Jarisleif by Turisas is quite fun...

actually anything by Turisas works, especially One More or To Holmgard and Beyond
03.09.2008 - 15:12
Elio
Red Nightmare
Definitely Korpiklaani songs or other folk stuff!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.09.2008 - 16:58
Janne
Hugin
The Court Of Jarisleif is the best but other turisas songs are too serious. and we all agree that Korpiklaani songs are great!
maybe Sonata Arctica - Vodka ?
and of course all Dalriada songs!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.10.2008 - 03:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Motorhead is one of the few bands that most people i socialize with can tolerate.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.10.2008 - 23:17
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...
death - the philosopher
atheist - water
necrophagist - mutilate the stillborn
quo vadis - silence calls the storm
martyr - retry abort ignore
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.10.2008 - 02:42
Hamird
Lieutenant
I've doubt if I play my Metal CDs in party, I prefer to play some Electronic music and get the energy to my guests but if I want to play a Metal song that Pantera's Walk.
05.10.2008 - 15:21
TheBigRossowski
Written by Dark Cornatus on 26.08.2007 at 14:24

I dont think any song is a good party song if the bulk of the people dont know it. I dont really play metal at parties because many of my friends dont like it. I mean sure you can pop a song or two in, but its best to stick with crowd favourites to have a good party, unless of course its a metalhead party haha.

Wow, this is old, but I gotta quote you here! I'm sure a LOT of people feel the same way! We're actually having a Halloween Party next weekend and since we're the hosts, I made the party list on my iPod playlist. I actually had to download an ass load of shit songs just to please these people! There aren't many people coming that listen to metal, maybe one guy?

I have stupid shit now like "Thriller" (MJ) and TENT....(if you haven't heard of them DON'T check them out!). Occasionally I tossed in a small jam for myself

Slayer-Disciple, Ozzy- Gets me Through and some that I think would go over okay like Porcupine Tree and Tool.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
06.10.2008 - 00:26
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by TheBigRossowski on 05.10.2008 at 15:21

Written by Dark Cornatus on 26.08.2007 at 14:24

Wow, this is old, but I gotta quote you here! I'm sure a LOT of people feel the same way! We're actually having a Halloween Party next weekend and since we're the hosts, I made the party list on my iPod playlist. I actually had to download an ass load of shit songs just to please these people! There aren't many people coming that listen to metal, maybe one guy?

I have stupid shit now like "Thriller" (MJ) and TENT....(if you haven't heard of them DON'T check them out!). Occasionally I tossed in a small jam for myself

Slayer-Disciple, Ozzy- Gets me Through and some that I think would go over okay like Porcupine Tree and Tool.

Yeh stuff like that is alright to throw in between songs, but you usually need the girly songs and classic hits for some people to enjoy it. Remeber its not likely anyone who hasnt listened to metal, is going to jump up and go WOW i like this song! when you play your favourite songs etc.
When it was my 21st, i just let my sister make a music list, (there was only 1 other metalhead at my party), i mean whats the point of only entertaining myself and a friend, when i can let everyone have fun?
06.10.2008 - 00:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Fuck it I am not breaking for people who want the top 40 shit. When I throw a party I ONLY play music I like cause it is my party and I want to enjoy myself. And it turns out that most people even enjoy stuff they don't know.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 01:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 00:32

Fuck it I am not breaking for people who want the top 40 shit. When I throw a party I ONLY play music I like cause it is my party and I want to enjoy myself. And it turns out that most people even enjoy stuff they don't know.

I tried that a few times at parties I threw and it never worked...I invited a good number of metalheads to the party but a lot of other stupid people were complaining and it was ruining my metalhead friends and my good times...you have to please everyone at a party and play some metal and some top 40...
06.10.2008 - 07:32
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 00:32

...lol
...well something like that happens sometimes with me too...my non-metal friends know that i'm playing my stuff so they kind of get mentally prepared...it's like when somebody gets into my car, if they don't like my music i don't care...besides, when i go to their parties they don't play metal for me!! well
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
06.10.2008 - 13:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by nana.MD on 06.10.2008 at 07:32

...besides, when i go to their parties they don't play metal for me!! well

Exactly. And as long as they don't do that I won't play music for them either.
And besides since I am 40 and most of my friends are long term friends the non-metallers by now know what music to expect at my parties and don't mind at all as long as I don't bitch about their music at their parties.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 09:43

I side with you on this one. I would never even GO to a party that's playing bad music much less hold one myself where I'm playing the latest hot-shit single.

Uhm I didn't say I didn't go to parties where they're playing bad music. I do attend those regularly because I don't expect friends who dislike metal to play metal for me at their parties. Those are their parties and they can play whatever music they want. I am at the party for the people present not for the music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 17:23
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 16:43

So THAT'S why I don't have any friends...

Haha, I understood your post, I was just adding my own bit. I'm a total recluse. (except online) I don't hang out with people save a special occasion once every month or two. I find my own company is vastly superior.

i thought you're extrovert.
but i completely understand you. that's why my first language is "Silence"
i hardly speak to ppl in real life but online is different, i don't know why but i'm sure it's not a matter of shyness... ok, i actually DO know why...
Hail to Me, Myself and I

getting back to the topic, i want metal for my private times or maybe with some friends not in parties (i seldom attend any hehehe)...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
06.10.2008 - 17:38
Janne
Hugin
Hey guys, you speak like who's depressed! C'mon go out get drunk and have a party with some good metal songs! I can recommend some Korpiklaani for example "Happy Little Boozer"!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
06.10.2008 - 18:27
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 17:36

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 06.10.2008 at 17:23

i thought you're extrovert.
but i completely understand you. that's why my first language is "Silence"
i hardly speak to ppl in real life but online is different, i don't know why but i'm sure it's not a matter of shyness... ok, i actually DO know why...
Hail to Me, Myself and I

getting back to the topic, i want metal for my private times or maybe with some friends not in parties (i seldom attend any hehehe)...

Dude, we should totally not hang out some time. We could listen to metal thousands of miles away from each other share smart ass quips over interne.....wait, we're already doing that. We're awesome!

hahahaha but you should promise not to eat those lovely animals any more!!!

EDIT:
@Janne: Request Rejected.
----
06.10.2008 - 18:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Janne on 06.10.2008 at 17:38

Hey guys, you speak like who's depressed! C'mon go out get drunk and have a party with some good metal songs! I can recommend some Korpiklaani for example "Happy Little Boozer"!

That song (or any other folk metal crap) will have me running away from my own party.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 18:36
Janne
Hugin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 18:32

That song (or any other folk metal crap) will have me running away from my own party.

pff... Folk metal is the best!!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
06.10.2008 - 19:40
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
@the Amnesic guy
no problem, you as an exception can freely do it... don't forget a delicious sauce.
----
06.10.2008 - 19:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Janne on 06.10.2008 at 18:36

Best music to get people in a partying mood I find to be all subgenres of doom, from the classic proto doom and epic to the extremes of funeral, drone & black doom and everything in between.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 20:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 19:49

Best music to get people in a partying mood I find to be all subgenres of doom, from the classic proto doom and epic to the extremes of funeral, drone & black doom and everything in between.

what the fuck? doom at parties? you don't mean funeral 'parties' right?

don't you play classic sex drugs and rock 'n roll shit like Priest, KISS, Motley Crue or something?
06.10.2008 - 20:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 06.10.2008 at 20:21

don't you play classic sex drugs and rock 'n roll shit like Priest, KISS, Motley Crue or something?

Soemtimes I do but only with people who actually like a classic such as Priest or Kiss' Detroit Rock City. But Motley Crue I absolutely refuse for they are horrendous glam metal. No glam at my parties. Only some sleaze but then ONLY G 'n' R's first album and Love Hate's first.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 20:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 20:25

Written by Valentin B on 06.10.2008 at 20:21

Soemtimes I do but only with people who actually like a classic such as Priest or Kiss' Detroit Rock City. But Motley Crue I absolutely refuse for they are horrendous glam metal. No glam at my parties. Only some sleaze but then ONLY G 'n' R's first album and Love Hate's first.

yeah but what's with the doom metal? it's a party, not some kind of meeting, people wanna have fun and stuff, so why choose doom metal? and how come it works?
06.10.2008 - 20:31
Janne
Hugin
Doom in parties?? the last genre of metal which would make me feel happy...
Doom is good before sleeping but definitely not at parties...
to parties folk and power!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-