Metal Storm logo
Backyard Babies

20.05.2006 - 17:13
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
anyone into this swedish band, i think they r verry good and Stockholm Syndrome is very awsome album,
still didn't get new album , Peaple like, People like, People like Us verry intresting name, so anyone
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.05.2006 - 17:56
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Brilliant band and amazing songs! I just love them! Stockholm Syndrome rocks. I don´t have the new album either, but my friend has it, so maybe I can borrow it. Critics say that it isn´t a very good album, but I don´t believe before I hear. I´m gonna see Backyard Babies in Ankkarock this year and I have seen them once before. They are great live. I like the song "Friends" a lot as there sings also the legendary Mike Monroe from Hanoi Rocks. BB played "Friends" in Ankkarock, as all the feat. singers had a gig there that day too, so it was possible for them to come on the stage. All in all, totally awesome band!
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.05.2006 - 15:50
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i know the man back in Japan, backyard babies is hes favorite band ..................
but this one is my fav

i got a friend her name is Grace, when we broke up she put smile on my face

i msut get new album .
----
Erno Paasilinna
25.05.2006 - 18:33
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
"Cause there is nothing that touches me the way way they do. And all the lies you´ve been hearin´ baby they´re all true...."

But there are other good songs on that album too. "Shut The Fuck Up" is a great one to listen to, when one is angry. And of course "A Song For The Outcast", my all time favourite.
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.05.2006 - 19:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
he hee yeah whole album si good
"A Song For The Outcast", was first song i ever heard from BB and since that i get album and i love it
Shut the Fuk Up is really good for end of album, and yeah it's good when u wann tell something to someone when someone is anoying
----
Erno Paasilinna
26.05.2006 - 11:35
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
"A Song For The Outcast" was my first BB song too. I saw the music video and wanted to get their album immidiately. I can´t believe we are the only two people in this thread.. I have to tell my sister to come and say something about BB here too.
----
You'll never walk alone.
26.05.2006 - 16:41
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
lol
yeah i can't belive it too, BB have only two fns at metalstorm thats wierd they r great band
----
Erno Paasilinna
29.05.2006 - 19:15
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I´ll get the newest album of BB from my friend, if she just remembers to bring it. Then I can tell my opinion about it. Hope the songs are as good as on "Stockholm Syndrome".
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.05.2006 - 20:05
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well give us fresh thouths about new ablum, cause i wont get it this month for sure so but i hope i will soon
and is it jsut posible that noone here on MS never heard for BB or they jsut don't wanna psot at this thread
----
Erno Paasilinna
31.05.2006 - 13:41
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I just listened to "People like people like people like us". It was a good album, but not as good as "Stocholm syndrome". But I´ve only listened it through once, so maybe it gets better second time. The songs that sounded very good were the first track "People like people like people like us" and the 6th track "Blitzkrieg Loveshock". I would say BB has done a bit too much pop-songs. The songs from the earlier albums have more attitude. Anyway, I recommend that album, it wasn´t that bad.
----
You'll never walk alone.
03.06.2006 - 18:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
I am not a fan of Backyard Babies but they are pretty good and since I live here in Sweden they play their songs on the radio all the time and show the videos at TV.
----
04.06.2006 - 15:45
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i got a People like ...... album and Makin Enemies Is Good album before Stockholm Syndrom, but only listend onece bout album so it's hard to say anything about them, but they weaker and not good as Syndrome
and i agree with Enortar that opening song at People like.. is one go better at album , but we'll see after listening few more times
----
Erno Paasilinna
04.06.2006 - 23:56
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I´ve now listened to that album several times and I´ve found my favourite... The 8th song "I Got Spades" is best out of those on the album. There are many good songs on the album, but none of them can ever beat "A Song For The Outcast" or "Friends".
----
You'll never walk alone.
07.06.2006 - 19:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Ernotar on 04.06.2006 at 23:56

. There are many good songs on the album, but none of them can ever beat "A Song For The Outcast" or "Friends".

agree with you
but i still dind't find my fav song on album, it's still early cause i got few new albusm at same time so listening alot new music lately
----
Erno Paasilinna
10.06.2006 - 21:48
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I have to return that album to my friend soon. But I haven´t listened to it in the last few days, as I bought Apocalyptica´s album and I´ve been busy with listening to it.
----
You'll never walk alone.
10.06.2006 - 23:56
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
From Backyard Babies i'm a big fan of 1998's "Total 13"! It's bombastic and dirty at the same, totally bad-ass sleazy hard rock! These guys definitely know what they're doing, the sleazy feeling it's in their veins, it's flowing and they're rocking! Sweden has to be one of the best countries in the glam/sleaze hard rock of the latest years with bands like Zan Clan, CRASH DIET (Rest In Sleaze Dave Lepard), Backyard Babies, Babylon Bombs etc!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
11.06.2006 - 00:12
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i didnt' heard "total 13" but i know that BB r great

btw fav song for now at last album is Things To Do Before We Die ))))))))
----
Erno Paasilinna
13.06.2006 - 21:36
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ EddieGunner "Things To Do Before We Die" is a good song. Reminds me of some other band, but I just can´t get it in my mind, which one...

@ DerRozzengarten I have "Total 13", but I´ve just listened it through once. I´m gonna have to give it back to my friend soon, so I´d better start listening to it. I agree with you that many good glam rock bands come from Sweden. I like Crash Diet´s songs, but I don´t know whether they exist anymore, as the singer died.
----
You'll never walk alone.
13.06.2006 - 23:10
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
@Ernotar: Dave Leppard is no more, that's true, the band had announced at first that they won't go on as Crash Diet, recently they announced they are searching for a new vocalist, but it's unknown yet whether they will go on as Crash Diet or with another name! The sure thing is that they are talented, Dave was a great performer and vocalist, but they have to go on, in his memory and also because they have a lot to offer to the glam scene! London, Young and Sweet will go on, i can't wait to listen to something new from them, either as Crash Diet or with another name!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
14.06.2006 - 14:17
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Ernotar
hmmm reminds you . lemmie thinkg little aybe youre fav song from Syndrome
----
Erno Paasilinna
14.06.2006 - 23:39
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ EddieGunner Yes, maybe! Actually my sister came in my room today, while I was listening to BB´s newest album and she said that the songs sound just like the ones on "Stockholm Syndrome". So, maybe she´s right and BB hasn´t changed so much after all... I hope they´ll still play the older songs on this summer´s gigs though.

@ DerRozzengarten Thank for information! I haven´t really visited Crash Diet´s website after Leppard´s death. But the guys are talented, so I hope they make some new stuff soon.
----
You'll never walk alone.
15.06.2006 - 16:56
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Ernotar
well, u should be happy that u can see them live, but im sure they gona play older stuff they new album don't have so much songs for one gig, not in good quality as Syndrome
----
Erno Paasilinna
15.06.2006 - 18:52
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ EddieGunner I think BB knows what Finnish audience wants, so they´ll hopefully play also the biggest hits from "Stockholm Syndrome". I hope that the new songs are good live. At least the older ones work well live...
----
You'll never walk alone.
16.06.2006 - 12:57
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well looks that BB r so popular in finlan, thats great but like u said therse so much sweds in finlčand, maybe thats reason
but older songs r better i msut say this, news songs r good but older r better atleast for my taste and for youre too

well when u see them sometimes live tell us how was it

and btw do u have any bootleg of BB?
----
Erno Paasilinna
16.06.2006 - 21:45
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I think Finns just like rock and metal more than Swedes. We are so melancholic people that pop music doesn´t work so well for us.

I´ll tell you about the gig, after I return from Ankkarock. But it´s in August, so still long time... The last gig I saw was very good and I hope they´re even better this time. Unfortunately they won´t play "Friends", as at least Nina Persson isn´t available...

I don´t have BB bootlegs.
----
You'll never walk alone.
17.06.2006 - 13:40
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
damn why they won't play Friends it's one best BB songs
----
Erno Paasilinna
18.06.2006 - 00:28
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Well, there are 6 featuring artists in "Friends", so it´s quite impossible to get them all together to the same festival at the same day. 2 years ago in Ankkarock I saw them performing "Friends", as all the feats were there, but this year Cardigans isn´t playing in Ankkarock, so unless someone else sings Nina Persson´s parts, they can´t play it...
----
You'll never walk alone.
18.06.2006 - 13:12
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
damn that sux, but maybe u can jump in to sing those parts im sure u'll be great on stage with BB :=)
----
Erno Paasilinna
18.06.2006 - 19:02
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Yeah, I can try... I hope everyone in the audience is wearing earplugs, as I can´t sing at all. But maybe Mike Monroe from Hanoi Rocks can sing those parts. At least he dresses like a woman...
----
You'll never walk alone.
20.06.2006 - 18:17
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
lol
well im sure noone on audienc wouldn't noticed that youre just fan , proly lot's of them will be drunk and they will thing that new star is born damn i msut come to see youe singin with babies
----
Erno Paasilinna