Metal Storm logo
Deicide

Original post

Posted by Hylia, 20.05.2006 - 20:09
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
31.05.2006 - 01:08
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Well i love their older albums
Not on par with Behemoth, but good nevertheless.
07.06.2006 - 04:53
Trifixion
Account deleted
Did anyone hear their downloadable EP that came out today?? I think it's really good, Glen was right...it definetly sounds promising
07.06.2006 - 04:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, I'm waiting until it comes out so I can be surprised when I buy it. I'm doing the same thing for Slayer.
07.06.2006 - 08:03
Southern Wind
Account deleted
what can I say about Deicide??? not so much, besides they gave the strongest live show I had ever seen...
07.06.2006 - 08:46
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I'm kinda anxious to get that new EP. Where the fuck can I dl it?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.06.2006 - 10:16
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Did anyone hear their downloadable EP that came out today?? I think it's really good, Glen was right...it definetly sounds promising "

Cool, ill have a look for it now.
07.06.2006 - 23:51
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Syk on 07.06.2006 at 08:46

I'm kinda anxious to get that new EP. Where the fuck can I dl it?

It's on iTunes only if you have it...but if you don't and you're a Deicide fan then I'd download iTunes just to get the EP lol. I think it's awesome.
08.06.2006 - 03:39
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Argh to the maximum. Guess I'll wait for the full album... I have a murderous hatred for Apple. It's annoying how Deicide & Slayer's 6/6/6 projects are just helping the corporate machine.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
08.06.2006 - 08:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 07.06.2006 at 08:03

what can I say about Deicide??? not so much, besides they gave the strongest live show I had ever seen...

hell yeah they do! I've only seen one band that performed better than Deicide, and I go to a lot of shows.
08.06.2006 - 09:36
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"It's on iTunes only if you have it...but if you don't and you're a Deicide fan then I'd download iTunes just to get the EP lol. I think it's awesome. "

Do you have to pay for it on itunes?
08.06.2006 - 10:20
2Blak
Account deleted
Deicide is one of the main influences of Reno, Nevada, U.S.A. band Blasphemous Creation. The band is playing Oakland, Californa July 22.

Watch http://myspace.com/blasphemouscreation for details.
08.06.2006 - 15:54
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.06.2006 at 09:36

"It's on iTunes only if you have it...but if you don't and you're a Deicide fan then I'd download iTunes just to get the EP lol. I think it's awesome. "

Do you have to pay for it on itunes?

You do, it comes out to $1.98, about a dollar for each song. A tad high for a song but I figured I could spare 2 dollars for one of my favorite bands
08.06.2006 - 16:04
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
So is the new album out now or what?

I read the News that they have put the date back to August sometime, but on the left hand side under 'New Releases' it has the album there.... IM CONFUSSED!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.06.2006 - 16:05
Trifixion
Account deleted
Haha it's not out yet, you're right it's pushed back to August, only the iTunes EP we've been talking about is out so far.
08.06.2006 - 16:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Oh thanks dude. Damn, I had my hopes up getting this album then read they pushed the date back that pissed me off. THEN i saw it on the side and it got me confussed and hopeful ... now im let down again haha. Damn this wait, although it will be closer to my b'day ... which means i'll get someone else to buy it for me lol

I dont think i'll check out the EP. I want to be suprised when i get the album, I reaally want to hear if theres much change with the guitar sound and style.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.06.2006 - 17:58
Heimdallr
Account deleted
This New EP Is Pretty Awesome !
When I Listen The Scars Of The Crucifix Album, I Have A Feeling That Is Just A Demo.
I Don't Know Why...
11.06.2006 - 02:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, my co-worker played a new Deicide song, so the surprise I wanted for the day I buy it is now ruined, but I must say that it is orgasmic.
12.06.2006 - 19:36
Infurnace
Man.. The new EP sounds great. Why didn't they change the line up earlier? Deicide sounds real different now, they improved I think. Can't wait to hear the rest of their album. I hope the rest of their songs are as good as these, though.
20.06.2006 - 22:56
kackbratze
Yes The Stench of Redemption sounds good. It was hard to get into at first, but... meh. I have always problems getting into music! :p I'm looking forward to the LP!
14.07.2006 - 02:29
danzig111
Account deleted
I like their one song, "Scars Of The Crucifix".....

i don't really think much ov the band generally though. lately my relationship with God has been decreasing due to personal reasons which is why it's easier for me to get into them than before lol. Yeah, i'm becoming sort ov an 'Agnostic' now.

But overall i find the band very childish! so only that one song for me
08.08.2006 - 08:02
tattootildeath
Account deleted
i saw deicide in vancouver......they were tight, i was in the front row, and we could barely hear the guitars. ralph santola literally heard us telling him to turn up the volume because they were so quiet! i also met glen benton before the show, and i found him to be a goof. he don't give two shits about his fans. i still am looking forward to their new release, the stench of redemption.
08.08.2006 - 08:33
Wo0dy
Account deleted
cool band, Glen is a dick, i read on wikipedia he was gonna commit suicide at a certain age, but whatever, they suck without the hoffman brothers
08.08.2006 - 10:11
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"I like their one song, "Scars Of The Crucifix".....

i don't really think much ov the band generally though. lately my relationship with God has been decreasing due to personal reasons which is why it's easier for me to get into them than before lol. Yeah, i'm becoming sort ov an 'Agnostic' now.

But overall i find the band very childish! so only that one song for me "

Why should it make it easier to listen to?
08.08.2006 - 13:36
AncientOrigins
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 08:33

cool band, Glen is a dick, i read on wikipedia he was gonna commit suicide at a certain age, but whatever, they suck without the hoffman brothers

Haha, I'd bet you haven't even heard the new EP yet. When you do, you'll hear that it was time for the Hoffmans to leave. "Homage for Satan" and "Crucified for the Innocence" are by far the best tracks Deicide have ever written, and that's mainly because of the all-new guitar style.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
08.08.2006 - 20:10
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by AncientOrigins on 08.08.2006 at 13:36

Haha, I'd bet you haven't even heard the new EP yet. When you do, you'll hear that it was time for the Hoffmans to leave. "Homage for Satan" and "Crucified for the Innocence" are by far the best tracks Deicide have ever written, and that's mainly because of the all-new guitar style.

i'll check em out, i havent downloaded any Deicide in a while
09.08.2006 - 01:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Call me crazy but Scars of the Crucifix just might be my favorite Deicide album. I like them all, but Scars of the Crucifix appeals to me the most. It's fast, the solos are great, and Glen's vocals are the best they've ever been.
09.08.2006 - 07:13
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Haha, I'd bet you haven't even heard the new EP yet. When you do, you'll hear that it was time for the Hoffmans to leave. "Homage for Satan" and "Crucified for the Innocence" are by far the best tracks Deicide have ever written, and that's mainly because of the all-new guitar style. "

They are good songs, but sound like a different band IMO.
21.08.2006 - 20:29
Trifixion
Account deleted
Hell yeah who's getting the album tomorrow? I sure am, and if the EP was any indication of how the rest of the album will be, this is going to be my favorite DM release of the year, if not my favorite cd of the year all together.
21.08.2006 - 23:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm buying it along with the new Lamb of God cd and Madden 07. Tomorrow shall be a grand day.
22.08.2006 - 07:03
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by AncientOrigins on 08.08.2006 at 13:36

mmm I heard from other guy that those tracks were essencial... I didn't find them that special... I got "The Stench Of Redemption" with the "nothing to lose" feeling, as I don't like Deicide's later stuff but ahd hopes with this one anyway... cetainly better than "Scars Of The Crucifix", which IMO was a really unispired album, but far from my top of the year.