Name an album that you will never get tired of

Original post

Posted by Jaeryd, 13.05.2014 - 02:54
So, some people have albums that they've burnt out on from listening to them too much. Others have an album that they thought they enjoyed at first, but after a few listens, they ceased to find it interesting. And then there are those albums that you'll never get tired of. For some reason, they're just awesome every time you give it a spin. Maybe you play it every day, maybe you only play it once a year, but the awesomeness hasn't worn off yet.

Some of you might say that "I don't know if I'll never get tired of an album, 'cause any album that I think I can't get enough of might one day become totally boring to me," which makes sense. If so, just name an album that you've had for a long time and haven't gotten tired of so far.

If you have no specific album to name, you could also name a band or even a song that you haven't gotten tired of yet.

Feel free to describe why you'll never get tired of it, as well.

For me, pretty much all of my 10 ratings and a few of my 9 ratings are albums that I can't seem to get tired of. Chaosphere is one of those off the top of my head... it doesn't sound quite as over-produced as Meshuggah's more recent stuff, nor is it as down-tuned, but at the same time (maybe because of this) it sounds heavier, more hostile, and more abrasive to the ears, which is somehow incredibly addictive. Like a machine of death that just pulls you in and crushes you in its inescapable jaws. Don't think I've gotten tired of it yet. I especially like how the bass sounds like a growling machine/animal hybrid.

EDIT: I suppose that, even though this is in the General Metal forum, the album doesn't necessarily have to be metal.
03.11.2019 - 20:14
All Metal
All of Rhapsody's albums before they changed their name.
04.11.2019 - 05:56
Guib
Thrash Talker
That's a tough one honestly... I mean I've got a list of albums that I love and that I consider my personal classics.
I'm thinking most of those I revisit from time to time and though I sometimes get tired of them, I eventually need to spin it.
I think there might be some that I like more than others... I would need some time to think about that then maybe come
back to the thread with a better answer
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=1233
04.11.2019 - 11:52
TarannonFalastur
Strapping Young Lad - City. Been 2 decades since I first heard it, still sounds as fresh, inspiring and innovative as it was in the 90s. Needless to say that with the exception of 2 songs, all the rest are still in my playlist. Timeless music never grows old and tiresome just like an old bottle of wine.
27.02.2020 - 06:19
Tristania's first two albums.