Metal Storm logo
Lordi!

Original post

Posted by Ernis, 21.05.2006 - 01:47
This has been done now. The temperature of minus 300 degrees has been finally achieved and the Hell has frozen.....for a while at least....the thing that everyone thought to be impossible is fulfilled.....Finland won the Eurosong competition....thanks to a band that enchanted our hearts with their lovely rough attitude and merry and powerful music....

Lordi, we should all thank them that they have been so good, that they have dared to make history, that they have dared to stay themselves and I really hope they shall always be as they have always been....full of positive energy and kindness.....

Let us open this thread in honour of their great victory which is also a great for their country.....

PRAISE THEM!!!!

HONOUR THEM!!!!

For you are worth it, Lordi!
May your dark and merciless light always lead our lives towards victories and bring us hope and good luck......
23.09.2007 - 03:21
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Ok, I have a chance to see Lordi (opening up for Type O Negative). I don't know much about the band. Should I go?
----
(space for rent)
06.11.2007 - 00:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Just for information, the official teaser for "Dark Floors" (the feature film starring the Finnish "monster" metal band LORDI) is available at this location.
09.11.2007 - 10:37
Øyvind
Grave Digger
They are one of the strangest bands, but not in a deep way. All the masquerade, and a bit unfinished songs, complete glam, with a touch of great ideas. A complete bomb when they won the Eurovision, but all the fuss about them winning...Why? Scene act, catchiest song that year, glamour, weirdness... Not THAT diferent after all IMO.
----
09.11.2007 - 18:04
Lord TJ
I saw these guys at Ozzfest, nobody was really impressed from what I saw. Its funny to be that the vocalist wears platform shoes, and the guitarist doesn't, but the guitarist is the same height as the vocalist. I like the music, but other than that nothing of this band sticks out to impress me. I find their costumes to be corny looking.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
09.11.2007 - 19:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Dane Train on 23.09.2007 at 03:21

Ok, I have a chance to see Lordi (opening up for Type O Negative). I don't know much about the band. Should I go?

Opening up for Type O??? Lordi is a fucking joke... Type O is serious stuff. You shouldn't go if you just wanna see Lordi.
----
09.11.2007 - 19:42
Lord TJ
I agree, Lordi is for people who enjoy easy music for the ear.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
24.12.2007 - 01:38
Ascalon
Maybe to much publicity, maybe it's not a technical expression of music, maybe they are just some guys in costumes ... but for me .. their songs are just hits everyone is a good song to lite, to remember, to sing ... it's an interesting proposal ... maybe not everything have to be difficul and deeep to listen .. when it's a good band there's space for everyone ...
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
24.12.2007 - 01:41
Ascalon
Who's you daddy ? ...
It Snows in Hell ...
Hard Rock Hallelujah...
Icon of Dominance....
Not the Nicest Guy...
Devil is a Loser ...

goog songs .. my recomendation: in a relaxed evening ... try to listen .. I don't know in pyur car and you'll fond good music ... and then say to me
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
26.12.2007 - 19:57
Darky
Account deleted
I have an autographed CD.. hahha..

They were cool in eurovision but thats about it.
26.12.2007 - 20:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well...quite nice "post glam rock" band

but each second teenager metal band can play more enjoyable and more interesting stuff...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.12.2007 - 20:06
IllNiñoSweden
I don´t like Lordi.
Because it is not my genre! And I have one album with Lordi.
30.12.2007 - 16:02
Keoren
Account deleted
Lordi might not be my piece of cake, but I can't deny them having some nice songs.
03.01.2008 - 21:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
new single Beast Loose In Paradise...quite good imo, enjoy
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.11.2008 - 12:39
Metalbound7
This band is like a fast and loose blowjob, you enjoy the moment. but after that you just don´t care to remember it couse it was nothing special.
17.05.2009 - 13:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeah just remembered how much i like this band, fav song being of course HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH
17.05.2009 - 15:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 17.05.2009 at 13:15

Hell yeah just remembered how much i like this band, fav song being of course HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH

You're kidding, I hope. This band is horrible and gives hard rock/heavy metal a bad name. They are up there with Manowar if you ask me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2009 - 20:22
DayFly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2009 at 15:00

Written by Valentin B on 17.05.2009 at 13:15

You're kidding, I hope. This band is horrible and gives hard rock/heavy metal a bad name. They are up there with Manowar if you ask me.

I think they are quite amusing, really. I'm not crazy about them either but when they managed to win at that tacky song contest I really had to smile. I'd personally be happy (or at least happier) if bands like Lordi were mainstream in Germany as oppossed to the politically charged Deutschrock dreck normally found on our radio.
04.09.2009 - 09:03
DevilBabi
I just came across Lordi, introduced by my other half!
I say - Fuck YEAH
I know their not hard core, or really Metal, I however, appreciate everything their about.
Plus they have some KILLER costumes
27.12.2009 - 23:42
The Shape
Yeah lordi is really good. They also have awesome costumes. I gotta say Ox is my fav
----
03.02.2010 - 23:14
Cyroth
They are one of my favorite bands
good to be bad...awesome song
----