Metal Storm logo
Matt Bachand Signature series guitar... what do you guys think?

05.02.2007 - 02:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Ok, so matt bachand has a new Guitar coming out from Ibanez, and I must say I Like it very much.
There's some Info about it here http://www.ibanez.com/eg/featured/MBM.aspx

Here's a Pic of it

What do you guys think?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.02.2007 - 02:58
Soliloquy
it looks neat. comes with EMG pickups(i may be wrong, but thats the first time ive heard a guitar using a 60 and 81. its normally 81 and 85). and interesting lil bridge. the paintjob looks pretty cool and unique....

how ever, it is an ibanez. its prolly one of the last guitar companies to make metal guitars(apart from ESP, RAN. jackson was sold, so doesnt count) and thus, their prices would be HIGH. if you can afford it, go for it.

how ever, i heard this, rather read this in other forums, and to some degree, i agree with it. even if you do buy the guitar, it wont really be yours. it will always be matt bachand's guitar
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
05.02.2007 - 03:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Soliloquy: Yeah I see what you're saying, but really it's not like you couldn't be in a fairly well established metal band if you used someone else's signiture series.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.02.2007 - 05:19
Soliloquy
Written by Arian Totalis on 05.02.2007 at 03:51

@Soliloquy: Yeah I see what you're saying, but really it's not like you couldn't be in a fairly well established metal band if you used someone else's signiture series.

oh, no, i dont mean it like that. its the whole personnality thing that i'm talking about. some guitarists are famous for the guitar they use(slash or Zakk with les paul. rhandy roads with rhandy roads). while others are more famous for their playing like Tom Morello.

but in the end, it really doesnt matter what the guitar looks like. the playing is what really matters. you can be confident enough to hold a fender 'hello kitty' guitar and turn it into a metal machine, or whatever.

playability over looks
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
06.02.2007 - 01:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My sentements exactly.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.02.2007 - 17:40
Sunioj
Thats a sweet looking guitar, but I noticed their was only a switch on their without any knobs for volume and etc.

Im a bit slow, but what are the disadvantages/advantages of that? I saw the same on Nergals custom guitar, it only had one knob on it.
07.02.2007 - 18:45
Hyvaarin
Advantages : more knobs means more options.
Disadvatages : more knobs means more stuff interferes with the signal, resulting in a (slightly) less pure tone.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.02.2007 - 02:37
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Hellraizer: Well, matt actually adresses that problem in the informational part of the article I posted (Or whatever you wanna call it)
His main goal was to make a good, brutal sound and keep it as simple as possible.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.03.2007 - 17:23
Lord TJ
I like that skull design on it. Im not much of an Ibanez shape fan though.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
08.03.2016 - 23:02
Enteroctopus
If it kindles your passion for playing then go for it! I played the Dimebag Darrell sig series until I just about wore it out.

That guitar actually has a really nice clean tone, real juicy. I used it for jazz before.