Metal Storm logo
Metal Singers Singing all Pretty and Shit

21.09.2014 - 02:50
Ganondox
Just post metal singers singing all pretty and shit, I want to hear some, doesn't matter if they are well known for singing pretty or not. Here are some examples:

21.09.2014 - 04:36
Lit.
Account deleted

Seriously, what's the point of this thread?
21.09.2014 - 05:11
Ganondox
Written by [user id=101272] on 21.09.2014 at 04:36

Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

Posting songs with a similar element because I like it and it's sorta funny because metal singers are stereotyped as singing in a very different manner.
21.09.2014 - 05:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Singing pretty?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.09.2014 - 07:33
Ganondox
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.09.2014 at 05:17

Singing pretty?

Whatever you that out to be, here they are all high pitched yet soft.

Anyway, I made a random ass thread because no one's made a random ass thread in this board in a while.
21.09.2014 - 08:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Either this or people creating "random" lists for god-knows-what led our database crashed down sometimes. Well, I think there should be a "nom" in Metal Storm Awards for "awful list people bashed upon" or something like that. Fucking humiliate him/her and let that message goes across to other shitheads who come up with crappy and idiotic lists which unnecessarily put a weight on database.

At least, for the next time they'll fucking think twice or may be thrice to make a decent list.
21.09.2014 - 09:08
no one
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.09.2014 at 08:40

Either this or people creating "random" lists for god-knows-what led our database crashed down sometimes. Well, I think there should be a "nom" in Metal Storm Awards for "awful list people bashed upon" or something like that. Fucking humiliate him/her and let that message goes across to other shitheads who come up with crappy and idiotic lists which unnecessarily put a weight on database.

At least, for the next time they'll fucking think twice or may be thrice to make a decent list.

if they sunk that low, then maybe they would have an award for the worst posts as well
21.09.2014 - 22:35
Ganondox

I say it's much better for people to create unique random "stupid" lists than another pointless top albums of 2014 list that no one cares about because it's exactly like every other one.
22.09.2014 - 02:37
Mattybu

Either this or people creating "random" lists for god-knows-what led our database crashed down sometimes.

To be honest, I don't think someone who has 3000+ posts of broken-english babbling should be too critical of a thread like this...

Ganondox, you should check out Giant Squid's debut. The male vocalist doesn't fall into the scope of this thread but the female definitely does.

That song is a good example.
22.09.2014 - 03:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by deadone on 22.09.2014 at 02:19
With the attitude displayed by some MSers, I recommend you guys do a purge of all members that you don't want and then ban new members. You can then become an incestuous little group of like minded thinkers. You can then focus on important things like "I like/dislike that album," "new Metallica/Megadeth/etc etc sucks regardless of what they do," and "list of top albums of 2XXX that I've listened to once,"

Cause that appears to be the attitude.

I've seen many forums die in recent years due to lack of traffic. Even "stupid" threads keep forums alive. Appareciate what you have people.

And apparentely the usual thought police hasn't figured out they can just ignore threads.

For someone who seemingly has so many issues with the way the site's forums operate, you spend an awful lot of time complaining in them.

The "thought police" can ignore threads and you can ignore what people post in them.

(Sorry for disrupting your thread with off-topic banter, Gan. Hopefully more people like Matty can contribute.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.09.2014 - 08:49
Ganondox
Written by Mattybu on 22.09.2014 at 02:37

Either this or people creating "random" lists for god-knows-what led our database crashed down sometimes.

To be honest, I don't think someone who has 3000+ posts of broken-english babbling should be too critical of a thread like this...

Ganondox, you should check out Giant Squid's debut. The male vocalist doesn't fall into the scope of this thread but the female definitely does.

That song is a good example.

It took awhile for that song to pick up, but it was very interesting. I do love post-metal I was expecting the gothic metal beauty-and-the-beast interplay, but the way the two singers sung together here is much cooler. The guy has beautiful voice as well.

Anyway, here is Halford proving to everyone he isn't just a good metal singer, but a generally great singer.

22.09.2014 - 09:43
no one
Account deleted

something like what i was hinting at
22.09.2014 - 11:52
ANGEL REAPER

hey! my english is not that broken and i didnt said a word...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.09.2014 - 14:28
Zap
Seriously, what's wrong with this thread? Are most of the other threads so much more inspired?

And does this count?
22.09.2014 - 14:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 22.09.2014 at 14:28

And does this count?

I've no problem with the thread as such, but this comment sums up the problem. It's just a bit vague and nondescript. Does it want clean singing metal bands, bands that usually growl but display examples of clean vocals etc. I don't really know what "singing pretty" means.
22.09.2014 - 15:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

You can then focus on important things like "I like/dislike that album," "new Metallica/Megadeth/etc etc sucks regardless of what they do," and "list of top albums of 2XXX that I've listened to once,"

Oh God, cry me a river. Stop using any excuse you can find on here to express your estrangement from modern metal by belittling those that aren't with exaggerated generalisations. If you hate it here so much then feel free to go join www.davemustaineisagingergod.com, www.surgicalsteelisunfairlyhated.net and www.deathmagneticwasadecentalbum.org so you can talk about boring topics about dead-end bands that have been discussed to death ad infinitum.
22.09.2014 - 15:09
Zap
Written by [user id=4365] on 22.09.2014 at 14:35

And does this count?

I've no problem with the thread as such, but this comment sums up the problem. It's just a bit vague and nondescript. Does it want clean singing metal bands, bands that usually growl but display examples of clean vocals etc. I don't really know what "singing pretty" means.

Hmm, yeah, fair point. I think he just means songs with clean vocals that don't have any 'rough edge'.
22.09.2014 - 15:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 22.09.2014 at 15:09

Hmm, yeah, fair point. I think he just means songs with clean vocals that don't have any 'rough edge'.

That's a bit too power metal prone for me =P I would have liked to have seen a thread on bands that usually do growls, screams, rasps etc that display the odd clean singing thing.
22.09.2014 - 15:26
Zap
Written by [user id=4365] on 22.09.2014 at 15:10

That's a bit too power metal prone for me =P I would have liked to have seen a thread on bands that usually do growls, screams, rasps etc that display the odd clean singing thing.

That's be more interesting yeah, but I want a thread about clean vocalists that do have a rough edge :p you know, the good side of power metal.
22.09.2014 - 16:00
Zap
Written by deadone on 22.09.2014 at 15:45

Such a thread would be great!

There's some killer power metal vocalists out there who don't sound like third rate Italian pops stars - Urban Breed from Tad Morose, Hansi Kursh, Matt Barlow, Andy Deris (Helloween) and Dirk Thurisch out of Angel Dust come to mind.

I hate Andy Deris, but other than that I totally agree.
22.09.2014 - 20:17
Ganondox
Written by [user id=4365] on 22.09.2014 at 15:03

You can then focus on important things like "I like/dislike that album," "new Metallica/Megadeth/etc etc sucks regardless of what they do," and "list of top albums of 2XXX that I've listened to once,"

Oh God, cry me a river. Stop using any excuse you can find on here to express your estrangement from modern metal by belittling those that aren't with exaggerated generalisations. If you hate it here so much then feel free to go join www.davemustaineisagingergod.com, www.surgicalsteelisunfairlyhated.net and www.deathmagneticwasadecentalbum.org so you can talk about boring topics about dead-end bands that have been discussed to death ad infinitum.

I'm disappointed those sites aren't real. Anyway, I wasn't aware Surgical Steel was even hated, I thought everyone loved it.

Written by [user id=4365] on 22.09.2014 at 14:35

And does this count?

I was considering doing that topic (clean vocals from people who usually don't use them), but I decided to more along the lines of the latter because I wanted to include Within Temptation. I think it would be an interesting topic to make as well.
22.09.2014 - 20:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ganondox on 22.09.2014 at 20:17

I'm disappointed those sites aren't real. Anyway, I wasn't aware Surgical Steel was even hated, I thought everyone loved it.

It isn't, most people seem to really like it, but I can't count how many times deadone has complained about its reputation on here. See: the 3 or 4 people that didn't like it who apparently represent all opinion on metalstorm.
22.09.2014 - 20:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=4365] on 22.09.2014 at 20:23

Written by Ganondox on 22.09.2014 at 20:17

It isn't, most people seem to really like it, but I can't count how many times deadone has complained about its reputation on here. See: the 3 or 4 people that didn't like it who apparently represent all opinion on metalstorm.

And those 3, 4 people (I am one of them) didn't really hate it. We just found it terribly average.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2014 - 20:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.09.2014 at 20:35

And those 3, 4 people (I am one of them) didn't really hate it. We just found it terribly average.

Indeed, no one found it awful, just a bit disappointing and poorly produced.
22.09.2014 - 20:39
Ilham
Giant robot
I don't really know if this is considered "pretty". But... this is the kind of singing that touches me.

22.09.2014 - 22:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
No one is gonna mention Mike Patton?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.09.2014 - 07:21
Ganondox
Written by Ilham on 22.09.2014 at 20:39

I don't really know if this is considered "pretty". But... this is the kind of singing that touches me.

Well, I will say that is the prettiest singing I've heard from Lanye Staley, and it is very touching. RIP Lanye Staley
23.09.2014 - 11:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by deadone on 23.09.2014 at 02:12

...down to the point where some dude said new Massacre was better than new Carcass.

So? That is possible since it all boils down to personal taste. It is impossible to say that one or the other is objectively a better album.

Although I don't understand anyone preferring the latest Massacre, which to me was worse than the averageness of the new Carcass.

Quote:

Also it still hasn't been reviewed on Metalstorm! One of the biggest releases of 2013 and it only got a "Staff Pick." Crazy.

Nothing crazy about it. Loads of other zines have reviewed it. We don't have to review every big release. And tbh I am of the opinion that MS shouldn't review too many of the big releases, since they are reviewed everywhere where one looks, even to the point that reviews of the latest Carcass popped up in newspapers here in Europe.
The big bands/releases don't need the exposure whereas small bands/releases do. Just look at the amount of Carcass advertisements their label paid for. Even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could not not see those on the net and in magazines.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.09.2014 - 20:26
Ganondox

Seriously, what's wrong with this thread? Are most of the other threads so much more inspired?

And does this count?

His voice certainly is something, it adds a lot to the song, but I wouldn't exactly call it pretty. Ok, yeah, this thread is pretty pointless, I'll go make the other one.
24.09.2014 - 00:07
Zap
Written by Ganondox on 23.09.2014 at 20:26

His voice certainly is something, it adds a lot to the song, but I wouldn't exactly call it pretty. Ok, yeah, this thread is pretty pointless, I'll go make the other one.

Come on guy, I was even defending you!
Nah, maybe it's a bit pointless, but there's still more pointless/off-topic/stupid threads around than this one.