Metal Storm logo
Joy Division

13.03.2007 - 19:54
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Joy Division are among the pioneers of the post-punk movement, that took place especially in England since the late 70s... They created some of the darkest music ever heard in those years, with a very depressive mood and an interesting use of electronic elements... IMO they're one of the most original bands ever, milestone of the whole gothic rock genre and their album "Unknoen Pleasures" one of my all-times favourite pieces.
13.03.2007 - 21:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
amusingly, "She's Lost Control" was playing as i visited this site and found this thread.

I found them through New Order in the 80's. Back then I liked New Order's electronic style and didn't like Joy Division nearly as much... as my tastes have changed over the years, I am no longer really a New Order fan, but I love Joy Division.

I'd recommend "Still" as a good started album for anyone interested.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.03.2007 - 21:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Heard a couple of songs, and I really liked it. This type of stuff is not what I usually listen to, but gradually I am delving deeper into it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.03.2007 - 20:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm a fan of Joy Division. It's so sad that Ian Curtis couldn't face his epilepsy anymore and hanged himself...I personally would've loved to go to one of their shows and see him have an epileptic seizure on stage, as horrible as that might sound...my favorite Joy Division song is Leaders Of Men
20.03.2009 - 20:09
Elio
Red Nightmare
I have to listen their Unknown Pleasures someday....
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.03.2009 - 12:01
mortjoyeux
Uh I love Joy Division to death and beyond.
I really get a dark yet amazing vibe whenever I listen to their music..it's hard to describe.
I watched the movie 'Control' the other day based on the band and Ian..and wow. The movie was amazing and kinda gave an insight to the band and the issues Ian had.
25.03.2009 - 14:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
They are very good. Their albums are very enjoyable only if I only listen to them seldomly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.04.2009 - 13:02
lonelytree
Account deleted
Last year I watched the film Control, and I really liked it, since then, I've loved their music...
20.04.2009 - 12:04
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm not like a maniac fan of them, but I have to say, from time to time I just get in the mood to listening some Joy Division. My fave songs are definately Decades and Atmosphere, they just carry this feeling of being totally aphatic and trapped in the world surrounding you. Definately good and a very dark band, they ceartainly are something special.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
31.08.2009 - 14:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
Uh I tried Unknown Pleasures and I want that time back. A bad bad album imo, ok I guess it may have been important for future music but come on.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 17:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Elio on 31.08.2009 at 14:50

Uh I tried Unknown Pleasures and I want that time back. A bad bad album imo, ok I guess it may have been important for future music but come on.

Tell me you're kidding.. This album is great. Why you didn't like it?!
02.09.2009 - 17:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Hamird on 02.09.2009 at 17:54

Written by Elio on 31.08.2009 at 14:50

Tell me you're kidding.. This album is great. Why you didn't like it?!

I don't know man, but it's something that regards many post-punk albums. I find them boring and flat. But, for some reason, I really like shoegaze and metal with its influences
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.09.2009 - 11:54
Musically overrated imo. Very original therefore they have historic value. However, my interest is purely academic as the music is pretty flat and monotone.
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
07.09.2009 - 07:14
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
To me, Joy Division is one of those bands that are overrated and seen as having cult value primarily due to the fact that the main guy killed himself. There were so many better post-punk bands playing at the same time as Joy Division but since they didnt end up killing themselves, they are not as recognized now as Ian Curtis is.

Joy Division is OK but nothing special.
25.05.2010 - 19:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.07.2010 - 01:58
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
I think they have quite peculiar sound. the vocalist sounds good in a way, his voice fits with that postpunk? style ok it's monotonous but listenable. When you;re in the mood
----
\m/etalstor\m/