Metal Storm logo
Cradle of Filth vs Moonspell

Original post

Posted by X-FrEaK, 23.05.2006 - 00:08
ahahahahah i always wanted to start a poll like this one yeah...i know that the two bands dont have that much in common but nowadays both belong to some sort of gothic metal, each band in one way, one more gothic/doom(Moonspell) and one more extreme gothic metal...for some...going mallcore, and they also tour together time to time

i guess this topic will end with Moonspell winning due to the "lets hate cradle of filth cause its cool"

well...anyway ill vote for Moonspell...i wouldnt betray my own country...with albuns like..Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, Antidote, Memorial...i guess Moonspell have some of the best guitar solos in the metal scene!not to mention the best keyboard solo on the song "..Of Dream and Drama" from Wolfheart...and..:Fernando Ribeiro's voice?just....PERFECT!though he has some problems with his pronounce

but i DO NOT hate Cradle of Filth...nop...i LOVE Cradle of Filth they were the ones who started me in the more extreme areas of metal, and please respect opinions...i love Dani's voice!..they have fucking amazing albuns too...Total Fucking Darkness(demo), Dusk and Her Embrace, Vempire, Midian, Bitter Suite s to Succubi, Nymphetamine, among others
i know that Dani's voice can be real annoying for some though!

thats all

Poll

Which is your favorite?

Moonspell
Cradle of Filth

Total votes: 217
16.05.2009 - 22:35
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 15.05.2009 at 09:06

Hahahaha!!!! one poll without any meaning... any.. I mean, it's not even a comparison of 2 same-style bands...

Not entirely true. Even if they play very different types of music, I'd say the sound of both is based in gothic metal (with black metal influences in COF's case).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
17.05.2009 - 02:13
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 16.05.2009 at 22:35

Written by Deadmeat on 15.05.2009 at 09:06

Hahahaha!!!! one poll without any meaning... any.. I mean, it's not even a comparison of 2 same-style bands...

Not entirely true. Even if they play very different types of music, I'd say the sound of both is based in gothic metal (with black metal influences in COF's case).

Cradle of Filth are black metal with gothic influences. no the opposite. they have blastbeats, strict vocals and genarally all the black metal feeling. nothing can compare them with moonspell...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.08.2009 - 02:08
Razorback
Strange poll,i prefer cradle of filth.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
12.11.2009 - 17:53
SatyriconChick
I only have a couple of Moonspell's releases, but I have a lot more Cradle of Filth. I like Moonspell, but I LOVE CoF.
14.11.2009 - 06:23
Dcera větru
I like Cradle Of Filth, but Moonspell is my favorite
----
... I smell the steaming blood...on The way of hunting moon...
18.05.2010 - 21:38
Damnated_Soul
I think both are great. Can't really compare the stiles of both bands. However, I prefer COF (even being Portuguese...). But don't get me wrong, Moonspell is a great band as well.
06.08.2010 - 14:56
Andresopeth
I like both bands a lot, even when i also think that their styles are not a big point to start a comparisson, i think that you can perfectly choose one band over the other.

I will go with Cradle Of Filth, because they influenced me the most and the first four albums are totally amazing (The Principle, Dusk, Cruelty and Midian) maybe the principle sucks at its production but song are extremly good, on Bitter Suites and Vempire, wow.

Moonspell also have its Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness And Hope, but i have a better time listening to Cradle
13.01.2011 - 16:33
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Why do we compare them?? :S
Too different stories in my opinion!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
13.01.2011 - 16:56
JD
Account deleted
Please no more polls like this.
15.06.2011 - 19:34
Nigel
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL I LOVEE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, :banger::banger::metal::banger2::banger2:
15.06.2011 - 20:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Nigel on 15.06.2011 at 19:34

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL I LOVEE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, :banger::banger::metal::banger2::banger2:

you might consider switching to decaf...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.06.2011 - 00:46
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 13.01.2011 at 16:56

Please no more polls like this.

Hehehe, that what I would say if you didn't post it...
Please...