Metal Storm logo
Cradle of Filth vs Moonspell

Original post

Posted by X-FrEaK, 23.05.2006 - 00:08
ahahahahah i always wanted to start a poll like this one yeah...i know that the two bands dont have that much in common but nowadays both belong to some sort of gothic metal, each band in one way, one more gothic/doom(Moonspell) and one more extreme gothic metal...for some...going mallcore, and they also tour together time to time

i guess this topic will end with Moonspell winning due to the "lets hate cradle of filth cause its cool"

well...anyway ill vote for Moonspell...i wouldnt betray my own country...with albuns like..Wolfheart, Irreligious, Darkness and Hope, Antidote, Memorial...i guess Moonspell have some of the best guitar solos in the metal scene!not to mention the best keyboard solo on the song "..Of Dream and Drama" from Wolfheart...and..:Fernando Ribeiro's voice?just....PERFECT!though he has some problems with his pronounce

but i DO NOT hate Cradle of Filth...nop...i LOVE Cradle of Filth they were the ones who started me in the more extreme areas of metal, and please respect opinions...i love Dani's voice!..they have fucking amazing albuns too...Total Fucking Darkness(demo), Dusk and Her Embrace, Vempire, Midian, Bitter Suite s to Succubi, Nymphetamine, among others
i know that Dani's voice can be real annoying for some though!

thats all

Poll

Which is your favorite?

Moonspell
Cradle of Filth

Total votes: 217
29.04.2007 - 15:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=16244] on 29.04.2007 at 14:40

This poll has no sense. COF is extreme black metal and Moonspell is like Gothic Metal... We can't mix these things.

Anyway, I like COF and Moonspell but I have choosen Moonspell because I really like their sound. Their albums are brilliant and they work well. COF is overrated... Like, their new album.. What was that?!

There is no way that COF is overrated, maybe new album is bad, but look at their discography and then say that they are overrated
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
09.06.2007 - 11:40
MadGatsu
Written by Tanan on 09.06.2007 at 04:21

can i anyone give a singer's name that sings like Dani? Dani is unique, nobody can do stuffs like he does. Most BM vocalists are generally the same.

I agree on that point By the way, welcome to the forum ^^
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
09.06.2007 - 16:40
Hamird
Lieutenant
this is a big problem ... little dani and his band never can reach to a band like moonspell ...
i can't undrestand ... if even cradle of filth is good, but still it can't be compaired with moonspell.

but if you want to compair the frontmen of these two bands look at fernando ribeiro and dani filth's career.
moonspell has changed many genres, like doom, gothic, folk (earlier works), black .... ribeiro he fixed in all those genre, his voice is great.
take a look at 1998. in daemonarch he sang as dirty as it is possible. and create a legendry album (hermeticum). and at the same year moonspell played "unplugged in lisbon" ... he had a clean and beautiful voice there ... he knows when he should change his voice.
but really what can you see in little dani? just he is good coz he chose dani? no my friends. he is the man who act in the FUNNY movie called cradle of fear. and so on.

or you can compair guitarist ... one richardo amorim, with two guys in cradleof....
amorim is incridible. i really worship his playing. i just name some solos: WOLFSHADE, ALMA MATER (riff), HERR SPIEGELMANN , and EVERYTHING INVADED

if you want more, compair two keyboards ... pedro pixao is a guy that has a perfect power to use the keys.
for example in ATAEGINA, TREBRARUNA, NOCTURNA, LUNAR STILL ...
at last. to make sure that moonspell beat cof you can take this one. both bands have covered ozzy ousborne's MR.CROWLY ... just listen to them and judge which one is better?
10.06.2007 - 19:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
REally Hamird, some stuff you wrote just not fit in.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.06.2007 - 19:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
@ Hamird, what do you mean with "what can you see in little dani? just he is good coz he chose dani"? When and how did Dani choose himself?
I must also point out that Dani also can adapt his vocals, he can go from Death growls to his ordinary shrieks.
And to compare guitarist... well CoF has never been a band showing off with their instrumental skills, but I don't think Moonspell are the best at their instruments neither.
The keyboards then, Lunar Still? Great song indeed, but it sure isn't a song with "perfect power to use the keys".

I perfectly understand if you think Moonspell's the better one. I have both of these bands in my "Favourite bands" section, but I think your arguments were a little fuzzy.
----
10.06.2007 - 23:05
darksun
I vote for Moonspell cuz their music is absolutely better and have more quality than COF.Fernando is one of the best brutal vocals in metal area.I've hated Cradle Of Filth since they fu**ed legendary Iron Maiden songs,FOTD and HBTN.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
10.06.2007 - 23:53
Remus

COF is extreme black metal

Maybe you should listen to Marduk's "World Funeral" and then re-think your statement. Just a friendly suggestion!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
11.06.2007 - 10:52
MadGatsu
Written by darksun on 10.06.2007 at 23:05

I've hated Cradle Of Filth since they fu**ed legendary Iron Maiden songs,FOTD and HBTN.

Wow. I love cradle's HBTN cover. Never heard their FOTD cover but the HBTN one is just awesome.
----
11.06.2007 - 22:33
Unpoet
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 10.06.2007 at 23:53

COF is extreme black metal

Maybe you should listen to Marduk's "World Funeral" and then re-think your statement. Just a friendly suggestion!

Isn't "extreme black metal" the label that everyone puts in COF?
13.06.2007 - 21:02
Remus
Weel, i would personally place Cradle of Filth under the "mainstream metal with no hint of black-metal what-so-ever except maybe in their early work" category, but that's just me!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
13.06.2007 - 23:35
VPeter
To be honest I think CoF are Dark metal. I never liked CoF from the very first album to their sell out one's. It is just Danny's voice it is horrible.
Moonspell is way better that dude has such a deep voice and I like the vampiric sound of Moonspell.
14.06.2007 - 01:20
MadGatsu
Written by VPeter on 13.06.2007 at 23:35

To be honest I think CoF are Dark metal. I never liked CoF from the very first album to their sell out one's. It is just Danny's voice it is horrible.
Moonspell is way better that dude has such a deep voice and I like the vampiric sound of Moonspell.

Disagree with the Dark metal tag.
Disagree with the part about danni's voice being horrible (well it might not sound LIKE everyone else..thats why its unique, even though it might not sound good >_> at least give the guy some credit.)
Agree with everything u said about moonspell ^^
----
26.06.2007 - 21:41
Sacred Viking
Moonspell are a good band but Cradle Of Filth are a BEST band in our world.
26.06.2007 - 22:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Tough call. Both bands have their upsides and downsides for me.

Cradle Of Filth
From this band I used to like a couple of releases, mostly Midian and Nymphetamine. Yes, I did in fact enjoy Nymphetamine. Though, I hate to say this: it was before I got into real metal. God, that sounds horrible. There are two facts about this album: I really used to like it, and I didn't know much else back then. Draw your own conclusion from that. Nowadays, I've grown bored with both of them. The only release I still like from them is:

DUSK.. AND HER EMBRACE

God, what an album. Haven't listened to this in a long, looooong time (might have been a year) and I have no clue why. I really like that album. So the only card Cradle has left in this match is Dusk.

Moonspell
And now, Moonspell. I don't know any albumtitles from this band, but every song I heard was not too my liking. I kept trying and trying but it wouldn't work. The only reason why I kept trying was because I was gonna see them live at No Mercy. And there.. they blew my mind. Awesome set (can't remember songtitles, but it were good songs), awesome backdrop, stageperformance, atmosphere. Great show.

In conclusion, I vote for Cradle Of Filth. Why? Because you can keep pressing play on your cd-player, but I can't go to that show over and over again.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.06.2007 - 20:46
Eternal Flame
Account deleted
Moonspell.. Wolfheart is the fucking best gothic album.. But the rest, just like shit. I just stop buying the other Moonspell album after I bought the Darkness And Hope album. Darkness And Hope.. I really don't like it.. Maybe somebody should request me if the newest releases from Moonspell is good enough as Wolfheart..

C.O.F.. I think most of their albums is the best album in the world. But the contra is, C.O.F is just seems to be like a mainstream band (Nymphetamine?).. In reality, Moonspell can't be compared with C.O.F because Moonspell is playing gothic metal (early) and C.O.F is playing black metal (early)..
05.07.2007 - 13:41
Abattoir
Staff
Well I vote for COF, because they made two really good albums - Midian and Cruelty And The Beast, which convinced to vote for them. It's true that last album wasn't really a some work but anyway.
Moonspell - I listened to them, but their music doesn't sound so convincing to me...
13.10.2007 - 02:10
Mustis
Account deleted
moonspell is a lot better, im not a fan of them but they are better than COF
04.11.2007 - 03:09
tgyyyyyyy
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 11.06.2007 at 10:52

Written by darksun on 10.06.2007 at 23:05

I've hated Cradle Of Filth since they fu**ed legendary Iron Maiden songs,FOTD and HBTN.

Wow. I love cradle's HBTN cover. Never heard their FOTD cover but the HBTN one is just awesome.

That's because they don't cover it, Graveworm cover it. I don't know why so many people think it's CoF, it sounds nothing like them.
04.11.2007 - 03:18
tgyyyyyyy
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 26.06.2007 at 22:27

Tough call. Both bands have their upsides and downsides for me.

Cradle Of Filth
From this band I used to like a couple of releases, mostly Midian and Nymphetamine. Yes, I did in fact enjoy Nymphetamine. Though, I hate to say this: it was before I got into real metal. God, that sounds horrible. There are two facts about this album: I really used to like it, and I didn't know much else back then. Draw your own conclusion from that. Nowadays, I've grown bored with both of them. The only release I still like from them is:

DUSK.. AND HER EMBRACE

God, what an album. Haven't listened to this in a long, looooong time (might have been a year) and I have no clue why. I really like that album. So the only card Cradle has left in this match is Dusk.

Moonspell
And now, Moonspell. I don't know any albumtitles from this band, but every song I heard was not too my liking. I kept trying and trying but it wouldn't work. The only reason why I kept trying was because I was gonna see them live at No Mercy. And there.. they blew my mind. Awesome set (can't remember songtitles, but it were good songs), awesome backdrop, stageperformance, atmosphere. Great show.

In conclusion, I vote for Cradle Of Filth. Why? Because you can keep pressing play on your cd-player, but I can't go to that show over and over again.

You're an idiot, stop trying to sound like you know it all, ****ing kid. Though I do agree with you, Dusk is amongst the best albums ever created.
04.11.2007 - 12:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=25055] on 04.11.2007 at 03:18

You're an idiot, stop trying to sound like you know it all, ****ing kid. Though I do agree with you, Dusk is amongst the best albums ever created.

Uhh, where did I exactly sound like I know it all? And what does my age have to do with this?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.11.2007 - 15:21
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by [user id=25055] on 04.11.2007 at 03:18

Written by Lucas on 26.06.2007 at 22:27

[...]

A really mature argumentation you got there...if you read Nervel's post again please notice his use of the words 'I think...', 'I heard...' and the likes...which means he is giving HIS opinion on the topic and isn't pretending that it's the final answer or the truth.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.11.2007 - 00:05
Bulletdodger
This topic has no sense.COF & Moonspell are so different , the vocalls , everything.I voted for Moonspell because I think that they are not so big showoffs as COF . Everyone has his taste , somebody likes the darker and vampiric sound of moonspell , somebody likes the wilder sound of COF , but the truth is , neither COF , neither Moonspell are really extreme.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
07.11.2007 - 00:55
Metal Rob!!
Account deleted
This is a not really good question, Cradle of Filth or Moonspell?, but I have to say that Moonspell is better than CoF, Why? Just because Moonspell try to make them songs with more care, more virtuosism, more brain. This opinion comes seeing both bands from the same perspective, leaving behind the difference in genre that they could have.

CoF got their fame because his "Comercial black Metal" even people that dont knows a shit about it says that CoF is a good Black Metal Band. Fuck me!
Black Metal like this sucks.

Now, Moonspell, its for more mature Metal Maniacs, those who can tell you whats the difference between the Black Metal and Gothic Metal.
02.01.2008 - 21:24
Nyxgrinder
Cradle massive succes had made lot of slow brains thought they have sellout, but at their concerts, Cradle's are as twice as full than moonspell's
06.01.2008 - 03:10
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
definately moonspell. i do like dusk and her embrace a lot though. but moonspell are much more consistent and i do like them more
23.02.2008 - 15:58
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I have to look after my country, Moonspell for me now that they're back to the good old days!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
26.02.2008 - 07:08
NOИ
Cradle of Filth. Dani has more vocal skills than Fernando Ribeiro, even if you cant see this through the band. and musically CoF are (or better I say "were") more powerfull! they just happen to be more mainstream and softer than Moonspell nowadays.
11.03.2008 - 15:36
cradle_of_filth
Account deleted
I vote for cradle of filth but not for that shity album "Thornography" i voted for the old albums such "The Principle of Evil Made Flesh" and "Dusk and Her Embrace" and "Cruelty and the Beast" , they are the greatest albums ever .
09.05.2008 - 12:11
I think there are a point where we can compare the two bands. Liked or not, they are 2 of the first bands that any metal head started to ear on the last 10 or 15 years. And If you notice, there are a lot of comments that say that (especcially with CoF). The question is simple, after you are hypnotise to metal by this two bands. and you start listen to the rest of the Metal Universe, who disapointed you less after those great records in the beginning?

CoF made my all time favorite album (Dusk...) the first metal album I ever listen to. And untill Cruelty and the beast they are excellent. 10 years ago, my vote goes for them.

Moonspell after Irreligious (my favorite by them), started the same down-way tragectory as CoF (even in this the bands are similar). The question is, Moonspell albuns, over the years, after the first shock "this isn't like the first records" have a more mature quality than CoF records, that just dies. So my vote goes to Moonspell.

And the new record from Moonspell... Awesome!!!
09.05.2008 - 16:22
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
althought i dont listen to htem both i have 2 moonspell songs and they are great while cof is dani shit