Metal Storm logo
Creedence Clearwater Revival

11.05.2007 - 07:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Creedence Clearwater Revival. One of my favourite bands, period, and unquestionalbly one of the greatest American rock bands ever.

The excellent Southern Rock feel is amazing, and cant get enough of it. Each of their albums are very special to me, just because there are some specific songs that stand out and bring back childhood memories. In fact almost all their songs take me back to childhood memories, its just one of those bands that has been with me all my life.

The raspy voice, catch as hell lyrics and unique 'bayou' sound definatly make this band one of my favourites.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.05.2007 - 12:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
it's a very good band to cover, mainly since all the members have an almost equal share of the sound(not like in metal, where bass is turned down very low) a great song by them is definetely "have you ever seen the rain"
11.05.2007 - 14:43
ylside
Staff
I think I heard "Down on the corner", was quite joyful and a bit funny actually. Might aswell check some more, any recommendation concerning albums ?
11.05.2007 - 16:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by ylside on 11.05.2007 at 14:43

I think I heard "Down on the corner", was quite joyful and a bit funny actually. Might aswell check some more, any recommendation concerning albums ?

Well 'The Ultimate Collection' has the best hits on it, every track is a classic.. and yeah "Down On The Corner" is featured, haha. Or do you want actual albums to name?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.05.2007 - 21:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Yeah, I love CCR and John Fogerty. I used to listen to him alot when I was little so it brings back a flood of memories every time I put Creedence on.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.05.2007 - 21:25
ylside
Staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 11.05.2007 at 16:24

Well 'The Ultimate Collection' has the best hits on it, every track is a classic.. and yeah "Down On The Corner" is featured, haha. Or do you want actual albums to name?

I was referring to albums but a hit collection suits me aswell haha.
18.05.2007 - 06:55
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I am also into them. I have two albums of greatest hits from them; I think it is called Chronicles "something". I think that "Green River" pops into my head as being a stand-out track from them.
----
Christless
26.05.2007 - 04:45
SharkBlade
Account deleted
One of the All Time Classic Rock Bands of the 20th century
30.05.2007 - 14:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

You shood try songs Cooton fields, Have you ever see tha rain' 'Proud Mary' 'Susie Q'

Try this Best Of album ''Bad Moon Rising: The Best of Creedence Clearwater Revival''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.06.2007 - 01:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
interesting and amusing fact.

John Fogerty was sued for plagiarism because his song "Old Man Down the Road" sounded too much the song "Run Through the Jungle" which John Fogerty wrote for CCR.

http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/law/library/cases/case_fantfogerty.html
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2007 - 00:46
Remus
YEEEESSS, a Creedence thread! These guys are freaking awesome. To this day, i listen to their music on the headphones while drumming along. Amazing! Every song (which BTW i have) is just amazing!

I do think that John Fogarty touring around, singing their songs is a bit crap, it doesn't have that Creedence atmosphere!

@ ylside: "Heard it Through the Grape Vine" is one of their best songs (even though it's not originally theirs), it's like 10 mins. long but wow, what a song! Try getting it, u won't be dissapointed@
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
14.06.2007 - 11:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Remus on 07.06.2007 at 00:46

I do think that John Fogarty touring around, singing their songs is a bit crap, it doesn't have that Creedence atmosphere!

But John Fogerty pretty much wrote most of the CCR material, and he was the voice of CCR, its better than listening to the CCR that exists today.
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2007 - 16:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Remus: Did you actually go see him whilst he was on tour? Otherwise, I'll reject that statement.

@Dr.Rock: Have to agree. Although, alot of their more well know songs werent actually written by them but thats besides the point.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.06.2007 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 14.06.2007 at 16:36

@Remus: Did you actually go see him whilst he was on tour? Otherwise, I'll reject that statement.

@Dr.Rock: Have to agree. Although, alot of their more well know songs werent actually written by them but thats besides the point.

A little bit off topic, but I had to comment on something that I found really funny. Just looking at your pics and youve got a bunch of pics of you in corpse paint then picturing you going to a Creedence concert just gave me a pretty good laugh.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 06:42
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 00:55

Written by Xtreme Jax on 14.06.2007 at 16:36

A little bit off topic, but I had to comment on something that I found really funny. Just looking at your pics and youve got a bunch of pics of you in corpse paint then picturing you going to a Creedence concert just gave me a pretty good laugh.

Hahaha, you've made my morning picturing that.
Guess I'll update those pictures so where peple can see my face...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.07.2007 - 07:45
Growing up in the southern US, CCR is pretty much a part of everyday life kinda. Everyday on the radio, you can hear a CCR song. I grew up on the sounds of "Bad Moon Rising" and "Long As I Can See The Light", and all of their songs. My life wouldn't be the same without CCR. So many memories.
----
oderint dum metuant
04.07.2007 - 01:58
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Wow this thread sure brings back some memories. I love CCR, the Fogertys and who could forget good old Doug Clifford on the drums. I used to listen to my parent's CCR records, but mainly the greatest hits cd I own of theirs. All songs are classic. Easily one of the best American Rock bands ever.
09.07.2007 - 20:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
Really like this band, sometimes I use to listen them for few days constantly. Every their song is oldies classic, and especially like their song from the early period. Great relaxing rock
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
13.07.2007 - 11:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 09.07.2007 at 20:59

Really like this band, sometimes I use to listen them for few days constantly. Every their song is oldies classic, and especially like their song from the early period. Great relaxing rock

In those days ewery music song wa sjounible, ist only nowdays whem moust music are crap, nowdays in ewery radio 90% are crapo, but those days CCR was played in radio damn I was born to late
----

apos;'
[image]
12.12.2007 - 18:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Got into them because of my guitar teacher and I want to thank him for that. Really good music, I regret it that I only heard a couple of tracks so far, but going to search for more.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.12.2007 - 22:14
RockeRoy
Great band! one of my favorit non metal bands
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
06.05.2008 - 22:26
metalhead3
credeence clearwater revival si a great bend.
they have introduced me into rock.
the best songs for me are:have you ever seen the rain,who'll stop the rain,proud mary,cotton fields and bad moon rising.
07.05.2008 - 16:15
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Did anyone here get the new John Fogerty album? It is really good. I have been listening to it several times a week while I am at work. I also picked it up on vinyl. His voice has aged well, and is still great! The songs on it are not a "soulful" as what he did with CCR or his past solo albums, but have a more antique feel to them.
----
(space for rent)
08.05.2008 - 03:09
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm a fan of CCR. I first got my taste of them from one of my favorite movies: 'The Big Lebowski.' They happen to be one of the Dude's favorite bands, and mine also. Strangely enough, they weren't featured on the Soundtrack, which is really good too.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.09.2008 - 06:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
most red blooded american band ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.09.2008 - 14:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
"I Put A Spell On You", "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", "Proud Mary", "Bad Moon Rising", "Who'll Stop The Rain", "Travelin' Band".

Just a couple of my favourites. I desperately need to get the Ultimate Collection album.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.09.2008 - 15:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 13.09.2008 at 14:11

"I Put A Spell On You", "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", "Proud Mary", "Bad Moon Rising", "Who'll Stop The Rain", "Travelin' Band".

Just a couple of my favourites. I desperately need to get the Ultimate Collection album.

Tr also Cotton Fields

This band are so simple music, lyrics, but same time so alive, a lot of emeotions are into it, real USA western band, it sint country, it isnt rock, but cowboys and bickers like this band, its liek Lynyrd Skynyrd who belongs to real Alabama, IMO those 2 bands are more american how others bands
----

apos;'
[image]
15.10.2008 - 07:09
DevilBabi
I love love love CCR.
Excellent, timeless sit back and relax music.
08.05.2009 - 04:21
Alkaline
I love CCR almost as much as I love The Beatles CCR is a great band filled with timeless classics
12.05.2009 - 05:53
Aspiring Nobody
Account deleted
Written by [southern]metal on 02.07.2007 at 07:45

Growing up in the southern US, CCR is pretty much a part of everyday life kinda. Everyday on the radio, you can hear a CCR song. I grew up on the sounds of "Bad Moon Rising" and "Long As I Can See The Light", and all of their songs. My life wouldn't be the same without CCR. So many memories.

Growing up in an area of your state where classic rock is really big also means lots of southern rock/blues rock get played in addition to all the other dreck.

But CCR is an great band. Not quite Lynyrd Skynyrd(the kings of southern rock), but their cover of "Rolling Down the River". that song that plays at the beginning of Misery....the list just goes on. Total home-fried southern music.