03. Death Squad Anthem
04. Make America Hate Again
05. Eternal Suffering
06. Welcome Oblivion
07. Atonement
08. Voyeurs Into Death
09. Eye For An Eye
10. Chemical Christ

I take a liking to music that makes me either wanna dance or want to riot. Guess which one this album makes me wanna do.

You guessed right! I am struggling to write this review at the moment because it's difficult to type with long nails and light up a Molotov cocktail at the same time. So excuse me for keeping it incoherent and unoriginal.

If you are like me and you're young enough to wonder what kind of catastrophe will wipe out your family/city/country in a few decades, then this album is made for you!

Are you sick and tired of listening to extreme metal vocalists growl about raping women with knives? Yet you still want those gravity-defying breakdowns? Look no further! Thy Art Is Murder's latest album has got you aaaaall figured out! With their years of experience in deathcore, this bands knows exactly how to deliver a very polished and deadly product. Can you believe it, fifth album already?!

In thirty minutes you will enjoy all there is to like in standard but high-quality modern technical death-heavy deathcore. Human Target should please any fan of extreme metal, even if you're allergic to ingredients ending in "-core"! From one track to another, the band will take you on a tour of all the different aspects of collapsology - google it - while keeping their sound and changes in rhythm very coherent all throughout. With a growl-along-worthy chorus here, and drums that make you want to learn how to twerk there, your experience is bound to be both intellectual and physical! Perfect for those bathroom stall meltdowns at work when you can't believe how pointless your job is anymore!

If you don't believe me, ask my husband about it! Honey, haven't I been so dead inside relaxed lately since I started enjoying the cathartic experience that is Human Target during our hour-and-a-half-long commute to the depressingly overpopulated city where we barely found meaningless employment to survive? Aw, shucks, stop it, hubby, you have to thank the very catchy and bass-heavy tunes by Thy Art Is Murder. He says it sounds just like a much older, more pissed-off, heavier, and louder Silent Planet - and he's very proud of having made a relevant comparison for once. [laugh track]

So what are you waiting for? Join us, let's all headbang in a circle around the fire burning the political/economic effigy of your choice!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 5
Production: 10

Written by Ilham | 25.10.2019

Guest review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Never a band to shy away from speaking their minds, Human Target sees Thy Art is Murder rage against perceived injustices like never before; sounding like brutal catharsis for the band, you get caught in the crossfire. Thy Art's deathcore roots are still the basis from which they launch off their invective sonic attacks, but with them now showing a level of maturity that has been refined with each subsequent record. This album sounds like a culmination of years of work and dedication that found renewed purpose with all that is going on in the world.

Read more ››
published 09.04.2020 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 128 users
25.10.2019 - 20:47
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
I wish my reviews where this entertaining to read

Please review every album ever
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
25.10.2019 - 23:10
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by RaduP on 25.10.2019 at 20:47

Please review every album ever

You're too nice. Although if you're ready for them to be three weeks apart and always in some sort of annoying infomercial format, it's a done deal.
26.10.2019 - 01:58
nikarg
Staff
Written by RaduP on 25.10.2019 at 20:47

Word, I wish the same
26.10.2019 - 02:06
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Quote:

He says it sounds just like a much older, more pissed-off, heavier, and louder Silent Planet

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention. I really liked Holy War, but never bothered with Dear Desolation. Now it seems like they have something worth checking out again.
26.10.2019 - 03:20
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 26.10.2019 at 02:06

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention. I really liked Holy War, but never bothered with Dear Desolation. Now it seems like they have something worth checking out again.

To be honest I haven't been a good reviewer and I haven't listened to Dear Desolation, so I might be selling you something you won't like. I really liked Holy War too, I'd say the main difference between these two is that the latest album feels more to the point, less technical, and angrier/heavier. They lost a little subtlety I suppose.
Also that last bit was more metaphorical than really comparing two entirely different sounds, I hope that wasn't too misleading.

Meh I keep caveating myself, I just went back to reviewing and it's not the easiest to be really sure of myself.
27.10.2019 - 08:48
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Dang, I guessed the wrong answer.

Never bothered to listen to any of their albums but I suppose this is a good enough place to start investigating.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.10.2019 - 16:51
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Wait what? What's with all these cool people coming out from under?
----
rekt
27.10.2019 - 22:47
s_t_s
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.10.2019 at 08:48

Dang, I guessed the wrong answer.

Never bothered to listen to any of their albums but I suppose this is a good enough place to start investigating.

Started with Holy Wars which is a very strong and consistent album imo. Human Target sounds more solid even than Dear Desolation, a true kick in your face! Give it a try!
27.10.2019 - 23:19
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by s_t_s on 27.10.2019 at 22:47
Started with Holy Wars which is a very strong and consistent album imo. Human Target sounds more solid even than Dear Desolation, a true kick in your face! Give it a try!

Will keep this in mind; thanks for the suggestion.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.10.2019 - 00:15
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by tea[m]ster on 27.10.2019 at 16:51

Wait what? What's with all these cool people coming out from under?

Hi tea[m]ster, it's nice to talk to you again .
Well, Troy told he made a comeback, and when a profile as dead and decomposed as his came back to life, it inspired me .
28.10.2019 - 00:19
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.10.2019 at 23:19

Will keep this in mind; thanks for the suggestion.

And if you don't like this one too much try Holy War anyway, I really like it and it seems that everyone agrees.
30.10.2019 - 11:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Now reading this review I regret that I didn't go to their show only 3 km away from me.
----
The Fangirl.
30.10.2019 - 13:21
s_t_s
Written by angel. on 30.10.2019 at 11:06

Now reading this review I regret that I didn't go to their show only 3 km away from me.

Aouch it hurts especially as they are currently touring with Carnifex (even though I'm not too fond of their latest effort and keep thinking that SLOWDEATH is way stronger).

Hits total: 2212 | This month: 6