Metal Storm logo
Destruction vs Sodom

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 16.06.2007 - 14:16
The only reason i make that poll its because they sound similar to me and they are active similar years (1983 - present) they are both a great thrash idols and ifluence. I believe Destruction was bigger infuence to Thrash metal and has a great history and i enjoy them more than sodom so i vote for them not that Sodom wasn't a huge influence to thrash but as how i see Destruction changed thrash. so what do you think?which band was bigger influence to Thrash Metal. i w8 for your replys.

Poll

Which Band Was A Bigger Influence To Thrash

Sodom
Destruction

Total votes: 83
13.10.2009 - 07:09
Metalbound7
Well im my opinion Best Thrash Metal bands of all times
1- Sodom
2- Kreator
3- Destruction

so my vote is for Sodom!
20.10.2009 - 17:44
BudDa
Elite
I think Sodom was a bigger influence on thrash earlier on coz some of their first albums are really amazing(Persecution Mania and Agent Orange). I really can't think of a big Destruction album of the 80's that had that much impact on me. Their recent albums however are awesome. In my opinion, The antichrist, is one of the best modern thrash records to be released yet.

So, Sodom again..but Destruction revolutionised modern thrash
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
31.05.2011 - 04:45
SODOM666
As much as I love destruction, my vote goes to Sodom because they are what I believe thrash is all about;Fast, rippin music about war and guns. And besides, I love the smell of Napalm in the Morning!
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
31.05.2011 - 06:15
king_matt
It reminds me of... victory.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
30.06.2011 - 22:40
Damshak
Destruction...!
01.12.2012 - 19:34
megadeath13
Account deleted
Written by [user id=136417] on 01.12.2012 at 19:33

Written by [user id=136417] on 01.12.2012 at 16:57

I like both a lot. When i compare both bands i like Sodom even more, but.. when it goes to thrash metal i think destruction was the more influential band. Bands like Sepultura were influenced by them. Sodom on the other hand was very influential for Death metal bands to follow

01.12.2012 - 21:49
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Wow, very hard to choose between the two. Mostly because they are very different bands (to me anyway).

Similarities :
- mostly steady line-ups
- some great first albums
- drop-off in the 1990's, many very bland or not good at all albums
- renewed interest in the bands with some good and some average new releases

Differences :
- Destruction has always had a much more german sound : fast thrash, strong riffing
- Sodom has a more crass and rock n roll approach to thrash, closer to Hellhammer and Motorhead at times

I can't compare the old, they are too different, too unique.

I can compare the new though : since 2000 Destruction has done many good (although not great) albums and have been more consistant and productive. Nonetheless, since 2000 the best release between both bands has been Sodom's self-titled, hands down. That being said, I was very dissapointed with In War and Pieces, while I am enjoying Spiritual Genocide much more.
16.12.2012 - 09:15
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Sodom was more black metal than thrash when they first started out and Destruction has pretty much stayed thrash their entire career. But I'm going to go with Sodom, cant go wrong with Agent Orange or M-16.
18.12.2012 - 14:46
KBJQ
Sodom