Metal Storm logo
How much of a sell-out is EVH?

Poll

How much of a sell out is eddie van halen?

Hes sold a little bit of his soul
He should have his own cologne
He'd sell his mom if she had his logo on
Not at all

Total votes: 5
05.07.2007 - 02:56
WarlockDLX69
Account deleted
Pretty simple.... i picked 4 the guy copyrighted a design made from fucking electrical tape and spray paint.......... for christ sake... the only person in the game i think is any lower than him? donald trump... for trying to copyright the phrase "Your Fired!".... yeah... he tried... but failed miserably..
05.07.2007 - 07:06
Soliloquy
Written by [user id=24313] on 05.07.2007 at 02:56

Pretty simple.... i picked 4 the guy copyrighted a design made from fucking electrical tape and spray paint.......... for christ sake... the only person in the game i think is any lower than him? donald trump... for trying to copyright the phrase "Your Fired!".... yeah... he tried... but failed miserably..

no, i think donald is a sellout for trying to make his billions into trillions by comming on wrestling...honestly, WHAT THE FUCK?

and van halen copy righting that design...? bleh, i guess i'd be owing him some money in the near future, as i'd be stripping my guitar and doing that.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
05.07.2007 - 09:39
WarlockDLX69
Account deleted
according to guitar world, that design on the 5150 3 and his "frankenstein" guitar is a copyright owned by evh.... lemme ask, who in their right mind would buy an amp that has some washed up 80s guitarists name all over it? i dont care who he was back in the day... i wouldnt buy the marshall jimi hendrix edition either... its just... cheesy... i dont know all the facts about how the 5150 originally came about... but i do know it wasnt produced with massive emblems on it "EDDIE VAN HALEN MODEL" ya know? it was merely a high gain amp, designed by van halen to be voiced how he liked... this new shit? i mean correct me if im wrong... ill go check the mag out again, but i dont recall even SEEING a fender logo on it.... it might as well be his own brand (O_O) and maybe THATS why he moved to fender... because peavey refused to let him design the amp the way he wanted them to... sure, the new 5150 is going to have much better cleans than its previous models... but its not because fender made it... its because they added a third channel, and probably reduced the overall gain structure... its not like peavey isnt capable of making really great clean sounds, take a look at the JSX, or the valveking... pure and simple, just like a baby that cries, pouts, kicks and screams till he gets what he wants.... EVH got his shit right where he wanted it... its really amazing how much big companies like this suck ass to people like van halen.... not only is he an asshole, but hes washed up... has been for quite some time... its kinda like how you see these old actors that were once something big... william shatner, the guy who played spock, or macho man randy savage (slim jim commercials), michael jordan (underwear commercials).... all these dudes sellin their shit to anyone who has a job ticket... just to get SOME publicity... hes doin the same thing... its just like dan donogan of disturbed... makin his own pedal now, when nobody really gives two shits about disturbed anymore.... scott ian of anthrax... same thing... even has his own sig guitar... mick thompson... own sig guitar, and nobody hears shit about slipknot no more... seems like thats the thing to do once you wash up... get some signature gear to put yourself back in the spotlight... only with van halen? no... hes too godly for that... he has to have his own amp.. his own guitar (that sells for 20K+ even as a replica..... HAH...lol), his own pedals... yes, pedals... as in more than one... god only knows what else... it makes me rather sick to my stomach...
05.07.2007 - 20:14
WarriorOfMetal
EVH *is* its own brand now. it's one of Fender's sub-companies, like Jackson, SWR, and the others they have.

also, 5150 is a trademark that belongs to Eddie Van Halen, which is why the Peavey amp of that name had to be renamed when that contract ended. plus, they had "EVH" or his signature (depending on when the amp was made) on the faceplate of the amp as well, so i dunno as i'd say it "wasn't produced with massive emblems on it 'EDDIE VAN HALEN MODEL'"
05.07.2007 - 21:44
WarlockDLX69
Account deleted
it wasnt produced with massive evh emblems... it had a massive 5150 emblem, followed by an almost as massive peavey emblem, followed by a not so massive EVH sig.... the EVH part of the peavey model was a small addition to its overall look... this new model? as i said... and as you confirmed... its his own brand... im sorry dude, but if anyone buys that shit, they automatically drop a notch or two on the old respect-o-meter... i expect rich kids like, ages 10 - 16 that idolize people like him to buy that kind of shit... not grown men/professional musicians that actually care about what it is they are buying... that shit is priced like its some golden mesa or something... the guys got some serious walnuts man.... almost as much as he did when he slapped a $20,000 price tag on that hacked up fender he calls a guitar... i mean seriously... there is customization, and there is obliteration of a once beautiful guitar... i hardly consider taking a wood chisel to a fender body while floating on heroin and cocaine to stuff a humbucker in the bridge pickup position to be a desired design... take a look at the SRV strat.... found the thing in a pawn shop, torn up and beaten... and he knew that people would dig it... why? not because its some grand object... but because he played it... i dont doubt van halen is a good guitarist.... i dont think hes the best by far... by FAR,,, but hes good... and thats what gave him his tone... not some mangled fender with spray paint, electrical tape, and a mutilated pickup compartment.... and to make a replica of that hunk of shit... and sell it for 20 grand? thats holding yourself on quite a pedestal... if its one thing i cant stand, its conceited people.... even more so? conceited people that are famous... what tops it all? conceited people that REALLY aint much of shit in comparison with whats around them....
26.07.2007 - 04:45
Hyvaarin
Seilling out is when you compromise your integrity for more money. All EVH did was make sure no-one could copy his stuff without paying, which I guess is fair enough.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
10.09.2008 - 05:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by [user id=24313] on 05.07.2007 at 02:56

dude give me a break. that guitar perfectly encapsulates his style and has become an icon for fucks sake. hes from southern california for fucks sake, thats what guitars looked like at that time cuz of the surfer/skateboarding culture and shit. thats definitely NOT selling out.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.