Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall

Original post

Posted by Infurnace, 10.08.2007 - 00:27
I'm pretty amazed, because there wasn't any thread about Hammerfall before this one. Anyways, Hammerfall is a Power Metal band from Sweden. They have released quite some albums now and they will release a new compilation cd, this year. I re-discovered them lately. I used to like them very much, but I forgot about them for a while. As I said before, I re-discovered them, and I wanted to make a thread about them, because I'd like to know what you guys think.
18.09.2007 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infurnace on 18.09.2007 at 17:15

Written by [user id=3012] on 16.09.2007 at 21:54

I really like Hammerfall but I can get a little bored of them if I try to listen to too much at one time.

I have to agree a little bit on that. Hammerfall is a really great band, with a lot of awesome cd's, but when I listen to them a lot, it get's a little bit boring. But when I haven't listened to them in a long while, it doesn't really bore me.

But its whit all muisc generaly
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2007 - 20:05
Infurnace
Written by Bad English on 18.09.2007 at 18:51

Written by Infurnace on 18.09.2007 at 17:15

Written by [user id=3012] on 16.09.2007 at 21:54

I really like Hammerfall but I can get a little bored of them if I try to listen to too much at one time.

I have to agree a little bit on that. Hammerfall is a really great band, with a lot of awesome cd's, but when I listen to them a lot, it get's a little bit boring. But when I haven't listened to them in a long while, it doesn't really bore me.

But its whit all muisc generaly

With some bands, yes, but there are some bands I can listen to anytime, and for a long time. Bands such as Nevermore and Communic.
19.09.2007 - 08:43
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
Same here. There are some bands I never tire of, like Aborym. Perhaps that is because they are so strange that you can always hear something new each time. That aside, Hammerfall is fantastic in small does, Threshold aside. I can listen to that album straight through fairly often without the urge to skip around. I hope the departure of Magnus doesn't disrupt the formula too much. I realize his replacement is the original bassist but I really feel like Hammerfall hit their highest peak to date with Threshold and I don't want it going in a completely different direction.
10.10.2007 - 23:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
What the hell dude? HammerFall has a new bass player?
11.10.2007 - 03:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, and I heard he is gay.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.10.2007 - 13:49
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Aronax: so what...he could be a freaking jellyfish as long as he can make good music...that should be the only criteria
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.10.2007 - 00:51
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
gay as in homosexual? I doubt that's true.
12.10.2007 - 01:02
Iceland_Norway
The problem of this band is the singer for me.

I hope that Joacim Cans could sing better also in Warlord (if is the right band he plays also).
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
12.10.2007 - 02:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
I made that up hahahahahahahaha!
----
12.10.2007 - 04:00
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@aronax: good one....

@iceland_Norway: like you find him obnoxious or something I think his hi voice in incredible, I don't know how he does it.

dude a new HammerFall release is out today! "Last Man Standing" is pretty catchy
12.10.2007 - 10:15
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Aronax: hehe...you got me there
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.10.2007 - 01:52
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I used to listen to them a lot... Now I've gone away from that sort of music. But I think they're a great band. And so what even if the new bassist is gay?
22.10.2007 - 22:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Hammerfall will take part in a signing session this Thursday, Ocober 25 at Media Markt in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Source: here.
23.10.2007 - 10:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26379] on 14.10.2007 at 01:52

I used to listen to them a lot... Now I've gone away from that sort of music. But I think they're a great band. And so what even if the new bassist is gay?

where did you read such thinks about bassist?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2007 - 11:51
Fuath
very good, but like mentioned before, only in moderation
love all their songs though
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

02.11.2007 - 22:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
people ummm Aronax was joking :

anyway, I picked up their new compilationa lbum the other day. They redid their song "Hammerfall" , it sounds weird.....but nice
06.11.2007 - 22:03
juanopereira
Long life to hammerfall!!
10.11.2007 - 14:29
Remus
Ok, i've been listening (well trying) to Threshold for a while now and i can't seem to get into it.

It's funny, 'cuse i think "The Fire Burns Forever" is one of their best songs but the others are like at the other end of the spectrum. "Howling with the Pack" is especially uninspired. 'Don't know maybe i need to listen to it more. But i'll rather try and get some of their older stuff instead.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.11.2007 - 15:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Remus: wow, that's a real shame. I love Threshold , you can hear alot ov their influences in it and the songs are so catchy.
04.12.2007 - 07:07
Northern-Warrior
Account deleted
Glory to the brave that is what hammerfall is all about..Plus i have been listening to Chapter 5 album a lot lately and it kicks ass and also its the vocals in hammerfall that give them that extra edge over other bands..Over and Out..
04.12.2007 - 12:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Remus - same here mate, I was listening to that album a lot, I put it on an ipod, listen to it all the time, ad nothing happens, hahaha, I don't like it, I just don't like it..
----
07.12.2007 - 02:30
Vunts
Threshold is my favourite Hammerfall album. The vocals are much stronger and...and...well that was the main reason. Though yeah the music is stronger too due to the production. Rather versatile too: speedy songs, powerhouses, ballads. And all those 3 styles are also opened up a bit, to make almost every song sort of unique.
'Rebel Inside' is about the only song I don't like. The repetition of the chorus brings me down. 'Dark Wings, Dark Words' is not my favourite song on the album, but it's the first song that comes to mind when I'm thinking of it.

The other albums suffer by weak production I think. Power metal should be like..y'know...POWER. Not some weak hoohaa.
07.12.2007 - 10:13
FOOCK Nam
I love all stuff before Chapter V, because I own all stuff before that one . HammerFall was my first band that guide me to Metal. I havent kept in touch them for long time. Checking their song of nre stuff, Natural High is not bad. The video of Last Man Standing is not so excellent but still good with posture of the band members. Sadly they remove their site with all stuff I desire to have: wallpaper, banner
08.12.2007 - 14:54
Remus
Written by [user id=160] on 10.11.2007 at 15:53

@Remus: wow, that's a real shame. I love Threshold , you can hear alot ov their influences in it and the songs are so catchy.

Yes, you can hear their influences but that's it. To me, it's not an instantly recognizable hammerfall album.
As for the songs being catchy... Really? I find the beginig of most of the songs on this album feature great riffs, but then the chorous comes and, no offence, but its a bunch of pooh-pooh.

To me, it seems like they can still write great riffs, but have lost the ability/inspiration to create catchy chorours melodies/singing. Just my opinion..

Also, i think Joacim's singing on this album is not as impressive as it used to be. Maybe it was the producer's fault, but sometimes when he goes really high, it sounds like he inhalled hellium.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.12.2007 - 01:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw them concert in TV in Swizzerland, show was good interesting but onlt think was thay show it in night and I didnt hear well songs because stupid law naibours wanna sleep, but damn Hammerfall in Swiss(french speeking) TV and Nightwish in Romanian TV hope see such big shows more FTA in TV
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2007 - 00:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Remus: Well all I can say is "Different Strokes For Different Folks", clearly your expectations for the band are higher, and that's okay dude . But I must disagree about the helium part though lol, the only time I've seriosuly thought a singer took in soem helium was when listening to Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love album (still a good release though) .

But I must say though, Joacim's voice has gotten noticeably less impressive from Chapter V... and onwards. His vocals were probably best on Crimson Thunder (or it could be just the good production making it seem that way, I don't know) .
22.12.2007 - 20:33
Stalker
Lone wanderer
If I died today I wouldnt know that Michael Stanne was vocalist in HammerFall... Are there any recordings with him, like demos or smth???
----
13.01.2008 - 14:02
Son of Odin
Hammerfal is one of the better bands I have discovered the last 10 years, heard them the first time when they released their second album and been a fan since then. Great live band also!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
21.01.2008 - 21:13
Number Juan
Hammerfall is a great band. I think they are a great successor to the old guard of heavy metal and as long as bands like them exist, there will always be great heavy metal in line with the traditional sound.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
21.04.2008 - 23:14
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
They found a new guitar player !