Metal Storm logo
Avantasia

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 04.09.2007 - 10:00
Other Tobias Sammet's from Edguy side project...I have yesterday acquired Metal Opera and it immediately became one of my most favorite symphonic-power epic storytelling album...i like songs Serpents In Paradise, Avantasia, Sign of the Cross and especially Farewell most

i love modern European power metal
24.11.2007 - 17:55
juanopereira
The EPs have very good songs, excellent songs but no fucking masterpieces as the metal opera 1 and 2. But they are just EPs so I'm ok. The upcoming album is the one that has to be a piece of art.
07.12.2007 - 20:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A three-and-a-half-minute video trailer for Avantasia's upcoming album, entitled "The Scarecrow", can be viewed at this location.
07.12.2007 - 21:05
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by White Winter Sun on 07.12.2007 at 20:32

A three-and-a-half-minute video trailer for Avantasia's upcoming album, entitled "The Scarecrow", can be viewed at this location.

SOngs in that clip sound much much better and more original than 'Lost In Space'. but 'Carry Me Over'.. , another disappointment i'd say
07.12.2007 - 22:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
the best is this one from 1:45...but i dont know the title...anyone helps?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.01.2008 - 23:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
if you are interested, you can try new tasting - Shelter From The Rain
----

09.01.2008 - 04:52
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Lost In Space Ep's are good, amazing with very good songs of hard rock, but the last one "Carry Me Over"...well, youknow it's a baaaaaad video and song, very pop!
09.01.2008 - 11:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"pop" is selling the music....just look at NW's Amaranth - this one song is poppy as hell and they made a vid and single on it, but the rest of the DPP album is different and "real" metal...i think (hope ) it will be same with Scarecrow
----

10.01.2008 - 06:20
B-anger
Account deleted
Avantasia is one of most powerfull power metal bands...Inmediatelly I've heard the first chords and the demonic riffs and solos I've began to make an podium for this great band...
11.01.2008 - 18:25
Ascalon
Avantasia it's without any doubt, one of the biggest metal projects... they produce in their first 2 albums such a powerful music, with symphonic influence and all the power metal inside Sammet's head.
Nowadays the 2 new EP's has changed the proposal, but I think that we have to wait until listen "The Scarecrow" to see how it's gonna be ... or see if will continue with that amazing argument and music.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
11.01.2008 - 22:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
damn...torrent users can already listen Scarecrow today why i dont have torrents installed too ?
----

11.01.2008 - 23:09
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Ok so i've just listened to the leaked version, some songs are indeed very good, but overall i will only give it a 7 out of 10
13.01.2008 - 13:48
Son of Odin
Yeah, Avantasia is great, my fav song is Farewell.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
15.01.2008 - 16:18
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A brand new song entitled "Shelter From The Rain" is available for download at this location. Enjoy.
15.01.2008 - 19:31
Son of Odin
Written by White Winter Sun on 15.01.2008 at 16:18

A brand new song entitled "Shelter From The Rain" is available for download at this location. Enjoy.

Thanx, have heard it a few times before, pretty good. Hope the new album will be as goos as the other 2 albums, dont have to high hopes though since the new Avantasia songs were a little soft, pretty good but...well, hope that the songs I have heard so far is not representing the whole album.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
17.01.2008 - 22:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have listened the album already and unfortunately i have to say, it seems to be quite poor even to me, a fan of Ava and Tobi some songs kick ass, but too many of them are just "gray" and boring...
----

17.01.2008 - 22:46
Inlé
From what I've heard the new songs are really bad... Those two pop ones, Lost in Space and that Carry Me Over one especially.

I wouldn't mind if the album had two songs like that or something, but if not I guess it'll be another band to add to the "early albums only band" pile, for good reason. Lost in Space sounds like a... Snow Patrol song or something... haha

On a more positive note I think that the Metal Opera pt.1 and 2 are awesome albums.
17.01.2008 - 23:16
Baz Anderson
Staff
well I'll have the review on around the time of its release..
don't worry, it is a good album, it is just different..
17.01.2008 - 23:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well i almost love Devil In The Belfry...it is again great piece of power/speed and it is wonderful...but i somehow feel the other songs are not even close to this extraordinary one...and this is bad...maybe when i will listen for second or third time...but i wont give it many chances
----

18.01.2008 - 20:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
An e-card for "The Scarecrow" can be accessed at this location. Enjoy.
31.01.2008 - 14:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
"The Scarecrow" is being streamed in its entirety at MP3.com at this location.
01.02.2008 - 03:36
DoomGuard
Ever since i started listening to Avantasia, it was basically my gateway into all form of Power Metal

Toby makes Power Metal seem way too easy by releasing an epic like 'The Metal Opera' and having it do so well on a side project at that! You don't see many side projects bust down the door like this one did
19.02.2008 - 04:19
iaberis
Advice Troll
Has anyone got the new album? And the EPs too?
I'm thinking of buying the whole new pack they released, but I'm not sure if it worths...
Any opinions?
----
Bitch! Please
20.02.2008 - 11:44
Gegers
Account deleted
The two Eps are definitely not worth buying. Most songs are either covers (quite bad) or uninspired new songs, except from one or two songs on each one the Eps are quite bad. However the album is quite good! Nice epic songs, really melodic and catchy, far less symphonic than the two last albums, but still really great.Only the ballads are really weak.
20.02.2008 - 12:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
if you enjoyed Rocket Ride, you may like this new stuff...
----

20.02.2008 - 14:17
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I got some free collection cd at Finnish Metal Expo and it has Avantasia's "Another Angel Down" on it. I must admit it sounds really good and I've been thinking about buying their album, but after reading the posts in this thread I've gotten a somewhat negative impression about them.. Oh well, maybe I'll just buy it and form my own opinion.
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.02.2008 - 12:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Ernotar on 20.02.2008 at 14:17

I got some free collection cd at Finnish Metal Expo and it has Avantasia's "Another Angel Down" on it. I must admit it sounds really good and I've been thinking about buying their album, but after reading the posts in this thread I've gotten a somewhat negative impression about them.. Oh well, maybe I'll just buy it and form my own opinion.

Have you read Baz Anderson's review of the album and the comments? They are not all bad. I for one liked the new album except for a few songs.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.02.2008 - 12:23
Gegers
Account deleted
Written by Ernotar on 20.02.2008 at 14:17

I think you should make yourself your own opinion indeed. This albums is really varied, you can have fast metal tracks and more dark, even sometimes industrial songs (like Toymaster), melodic rock songs (I don't believe in our love) and mellow ballads. As a consequence not all songs are good, but maybe you will enjoy some of them!
20.09.2008 - 12:09
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Totally forgot to post my opinion on the show they pulled of at Wacken. Damn it was good! They had some problems with Jorn Lande's mic, but when that was fixed it was just grand
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.01.2009 - 17:21
MeloDeathViking
I enjoyed the new album. Definitly different than Metal Opera, but I really wasn't expecting more of the same. I like how varied it is in terms of style. Don't get me wrong, I love power metal, but it was nice to have the switch ups for a change. My favorite tracks are The Scarecrow, Shelter From the Rain, Another Angel Down, and Devil in the Belfrey. Yes, 3 out of the 4 songs I listed are the Power Metal songs, but that's only because I have such a love for Power Metal. I thourghly enjoyed most of the album. What Kind of Love was a kind of off putting, it's ok once in a while, but I just can't really get into it. My favorite guest singer on here in terms of performance is definitly Jorn Lande, he's absolutely phenominal on this album.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
08.02.2009 - 20:03
Hybris
The Scarecrow is a masterpiece, probably one of the bests songs of Avantasia. But the whole album is wonderful.
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife