Metal Storm logo
Nocturna - Debut New Song & Official Video

Symphonic metallers Nocturna have released an official video for "Daughters Of The Night", the second single and title song of their debut album set to be released on January 21st via Scarlet Records.

Directed and filmed Luca Morselli

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nocturna
Posted: 16.12.2021 by Alessteel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 33 users
16.12.2021 - 15:07
RaphaelThorne
I've been kinda curious to hear the full album, as I really liked the two songs they released.

Small note though, but unless the publisher of this post knows more than what the general public does - and if so never mind -, this is a power metal band, not symphonic.

Cheers
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
16.12.2021 - 23:56
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by RaphaelThorne on 16.12.2021 at 15:07

I've been kinda curious to hear the full album, as I really liked the two songs they released.

Small note though, but unless the publisher of this post knows more than what the general public does - and if so never mind -, this is a power metal band, not symphonic.

Cheers

Their band page here says they're gothic and symphonic, so I assume they're going by that.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.12.2021 - 11:48
RaphaelThorne
Written by M C Vice on 16.12.2021 at 23:56

Their band page here says they're gothic and symphonic, so I assume they're going by that.

Well, not that it matters, but what would we say if Limp Bizkit classified themselves as thrash metal?

It's just a tag, not worth much, but if we remember that it was the press that gave names to a lot of metal genres, I think we should demand ourselves to be as exact as possible when including bands on those same genres. They say symphonic but there's nothing symphonic about it, they say gothic but only the themes follow the criteria. Again, it's me just being picky 'cause I really like what I heard, but these are the details that create confusion amongst the new listeners\readers.

Cheers
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
17.12.2021 - 21:45
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by RaphaelThorne on 17.12.2021 at 11:48

Written by M C Vice on 16.12.2021 at 23:56

Well, not that it matters, but what would we say if Limp Bizkit classified themselves as thrash metal?

It's just a tag, not worth much, but if we remember that it was the press that gave names to a lot of metal genres, I think we should demand ourselves to be as exact as possible when including bands on those same genres. They say symphonic but there's nothing symphonic about it, they say gothic but only the themes follow the criteria. Again, it's me just being picky 'cause I really like what I heard, but these are the details that create confusion amongst the new listeners\readers.

Cheers

Then go here https://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28567 and ask someone from the staff to change the style. I got no idea what this band sounds like.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 832 | This month: 7