Metal Storm logo
Cruachan - Submit Song To Represent Ireland On Eurovision

Irish Celtic black metal clansmen Cruachan shared on their Facebook page that they will submit a song to represent Ireland in next year's Eurovision.

The band comments: ''We have submitted a specially recorded song for consideration to represent Ireland in next year's Eurovision song contest. It's a typical Cruachan song and we feel it's time Ireland left the usual and expected 'pop' stuff behind and went for something different. One of the greatest things we have in Ireland is our folk music yet it's never utilised so we're hoping to put that right. Folk metal in the Eurovision?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cruachan
Posted: 05.10.2022 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 52 users
05.10.2022 - 11:51
b_a
They haven't been selected to represent the country, they've only submitted a song to be considered.
05.10.2022 - 12:38
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by b_a on 05.10.2022 at 11:51

They haven't been selected to represent the country, they've only submitted a song to be considered.

Fixed
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
24.10.2022 - 14:43
Ernis
狼獾
They better get selected. Will look forward to seeing them on ESC stage. About time to do away with the bland pop and send something that has the potential to stand out.
15.12.2022 - 08:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Updates:
Unfortunately we were not selected as one of the six acts to go to the televised final to represent Ireland at Eurovision. We received notification just now from Michael Kealy, head of music and entertainment at RTE. Michael said our song performed well with the jury but just didn't make the cut. He was very respectful and appreciative of what we have done and that acts like Cruachan would be interested in the first place. Regardless, we have certainly changed Eurovision in Ireland - before us, nobody was aware of anyone submitting songs for consideration, that has all changed as the media reaction to our entry was phenomenal. Shall we try again next year? Let's wait and see. We almost represented Ukraine once, maybe we should do that next year? 😅
We'll most likely release 'The Blacksmith' as a standalone single, probably around the same time as Eurovision 2023.
Thanks for all your support on this. We know you all wanted this to happen, probably the entire country wanted this as we would have brought such a huge change from the normal pop music but alas
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1140 | This month: 13