Metal Storm logo
Tristania - New Female Vocalist Revealed

October 19, 2007

Tristania is proud to present their new female singer, Mariangela "Mary" Demurtas. Possessing a voice and talent that will not only complement the bands music, but give it an entirely new dimension. She is sure to usher in a new age of Tristania.

Mariangela Demurtas, aged 25, from the island of Sardinia, Italy, is the singer Tristania was looking, but did not dare hope, for. The band was focusing on voice and talent when they went out looking for a new singer half a year ago. After a thorough search and many audtions, little did they know they would get all that, and more, in the form of Mary.

She's all about music - and metal to the bone. She has performed with several Italian bands, before finally joining up with Tristania. She lists her musical influences to include Janis Joplin, Diamanda Galas, Lisa DalBello, Lauryn Hill, Skin, Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley. An educated linguist, she has already moved to Norway and settled in Tristania's home town of Stavanger. Although this is not her first time living abroad (she studied for a year in the Dominican Republic at the age of 16), it's living proof of the dedication she brings to Tristania.

Mary brings a whole new dimension to the old as well as the new Tristania material. She is also a creative force, and the band will certainly find itself with yet another bright head when they work on new material. She brings temperament and aggressiveness to the stage, sure to complement Østen nicely. She has experience from the theatre, in addition to having been in sports since she was but a child, both aspects which will surely add character to her stage persona.

Mary has arrived - and she can not wait to meet the fans on tour.

A video introduction of Mary can be found on youtube HERE

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 19.10.2007 by Jason W.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 50 users
19.10.2007 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn great news heheh wanna hear some songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.10.2007 - 15:18
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
She seems very confident and passionate about this, which is good news, and as well as reported by the band she is a metalhead, so I do not think fans of Tristania will be complaining about that aspect.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
19.10.2007 - 15:24
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Great Mary, an Italian singer for Tristania, I'm really proud of her!
Can't wait to hear some new stuff with Mary!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
19.10.2007 - 16:16
GodOfBodoM
Account deleted
She is hot
19.10.2007 - 16:53
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
personality
19.10.2007 - 17:47
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Haha, what a cute one She seems really cool. And very Italian...
19.10.2007 - 18:12
Torelli
She sure seem to have some personality, but I have my doubts. Somehow I don't quite like the way she is singing, but then again we haven't heard so much of it either, it's better to judge when she sings a complete song and/or new material. It will be intresting to see if Tristania manage to create a good album with this singer, as the last album was quite boring.
19.10.2007 - 18:43
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
ok she is fucking sexy , but i think her vocals are too mainstream for tristania and without the deep dark atmosphere of vibeke vocals.. Ok we will see on the future, its very early to criticize her
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
19.10.2007 - 21:05
Metal Maiden
Megadead
It's good to hear they didn't wait for a year and a half to announce her...like some other band i know...
19.10.2007 - 21:59
iaberis
Advice Troll
prettier than the ex
----
Bitch! Please
19.10.2007 - 22:22
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
*Sigh*... Another female voice... This won't raise my interest in this band.
19.10.2007 - 22:24
Lupas
Maximus
Well , wish her luck for this . Another Italian singer , with black eyes and black long hair.......mmmmm seems like Lacuna coil singer
Now we can judge between the beauty of Mary and Cristina
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.10.2007 - 22:39
mystic666
I wonder what Vibeke thinks about it.Anyway, there are thousands of good vocalists which does not necessarily mean they can fit into a particular style.To me, she's just a long-awaited disappointment.
20.10.2007 - 00:19
selken
Irreligious
Good news, Italian girls are hot and passionate!!!
----
20.10.2007 - 14:37
ZombieDeath
A Great News !! She has a good voice but sure Not like the Angel of Music " Vibeke Stene" i'm so happy to know that Tristania will begin again
21.10.2007 - 00:10
Graveheart
I'm really happy with her attitude, personality and looks (and a good taste in Tristania songs), but I'm having a problem with the most important part. The vocal style doesn't fit, unless Tristania changes direction in music (that would have to be the fifth time at least) or maybe it's just my ears that have once already told me what the familiar songs sound like.
21.10.2007 - 04:28
Oracle
Orcinus
yeah i agree with Etaín, i also think she sounds a bit crap. i think Tristania sound really poppy now. i mean its good they found a new singer but she just doesnt do anything for me! thats my opinion though.
21.10.2007 - 05:13
Princ_Of_Horror
Written by Oracle on 21.10.2007 at 04:28

yeah i agree with Etaín, i also think she sounds a bit crap. i think Tristania sound really poppy now. i mean its good they found a new singer but she just doesnt do anything for me! thats my opinion though.

Yeah I agree..she sounds ok, but she screams where Vibeke used to sing high (more operatic)..I fear, they wont be as good as when Vibeke was in Tristania..but hey only time will tell..she might supprise us..
21.10.2007 - 08:33
Oracle
Orcinus
@Princ Of Horror: yeah, she doesnt sound terrible but i just don't think her style of singing suits the band.
They just did a Nightwish and chose someone who is poppy lol. for both these bands i was expecting Operatic female Vocals but i guess things dont turn out the way you want them to be.
21.10.2007 - 08:46
Opium
Account deleted
Her style is a little too 'poppy' for me to appreciate, she needs balls, imo Or more oomph at least...
21.10.2007 - 09:00
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 08:46

Her style is a little too 'poppy' for me to appreciate, she needs balls, imo Or more oomph at least...

No, she needs to be replaced .
21.10.2007 - 09:18
Oracle
Orcinus
@Queen Of Hippies: Haha yeah thats what i reckon
To me i think they sound like Lacuna Coil now.
21.10.2007 - 09:47
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 09:00

Touché, I agree, she does Somehow I don't think she'd be able to change...

For the record, I don't think she's beautiful either, not that looks have mattered, but it's weird how that's what some people like to point out around here...
21.10.2007 - 10:54
Princ_Of_Horror
Written by Oracle on 21.10.2007 at 08:33

@Princ Of Horror: yeah, she doesnt sound terrible but i just don't think her style of singing suits the band.
They just did a Nightwish and chose someone who is poppy lol. for both these bands i was expecting Operatic female Vocals but i guess things dont turn out the way you want them to be.

poppy - what a good word to describe her voice
Yeah they've done the same as Nightwish has..If they start sounding like Lacuna Coil...I will...:mad7:
21.10.2007 - 10:58
Princ_Of_Horror
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 09:47

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 09:00

Touché, I agree, she does Somehow I don't think she'd be able to change...

For the record, I don't think she's beautiful either, not that looks have mattered, but it's weird how that's what some people like to point out around here...

Yeah a replacement is needed...
And yeah I agree with the beauty thing..it doesnt matter how she looks it the voice that matters..and its sad, she doenst have either..lol
21.10.2007 - 11:41
Oracle
Orcinus
I think that Vibeke is way more Beautiful in her looks and singing than the new vocalist. I am very disappointed with the sound of the new vocalist. i guess they have made up their mind though and there is nothing we can do about it
21.10.2007 - 13:58
Vrana
I don't like her voice at all, but I'll still giving her a chance.
21.10.2007 - 15:09
Torelli
Why do people always compare Tristania with Nightwish? They are complete different bands! Nightwish is power metal and Tristania is gothic metal, get as soon as a femal singer is envolved everybody seem to drag in Nightwish into the discussion, I'm getting really tired of it.
21.10.2007 - 19:06
Graveheart
Written by Torelli on 21.10.2007 at 15:09

Why do people always compare Tristania with Nightwish? They are complete different bands! Nightwish is power metal and Tristania is gothic metal, get as soon as a femal singer is envolved everybody seem to drag in Nightwish into the discussion, I'm getting really tired of it.

I don't think anyone has compared their music here, if that's what you mean, but you see they both are going through similar changes at the same time. I would actually be surprised if Nightwish hadn't come up in this thread sooner or later, seeing that Anette isn't old news yet.
21.10.2007 - 21:02
Torelli
Perhaps, but still there are people who claims both Tristania and Nightwish becoming "poppier", in Tristania it's based single-handed on the new woman's voice.

Hits total: 5911 | This month: 13