Metal Storm logo
Anaal Nathrakh

Original post

Posted by mankvill, 07.11.2007 - 02:28
Can't believe there hasn't been a topic about one of metal's most extreme bands.

Discog:

Anaal Nathrakh (demo) - 1999
Total Fucking Necro (demo) - 1999
The Codex Necro - 2001
Total Fucking Necro (comp.) - 2002
When Fire Rains Down From The Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown (EP) - 2003
Domine Non Es Dignus - 2004
Eschaton - 2006
Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here - 2007

Personally, I think their newest offering, Hell Is Empty..., is their best album since The Codex Necro.
23.02.2008 - 01:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 15:42

one of my favourite bands right now, Mick is a very good musician and I love his works, but I think they need something new to their sound. the last album is a killer though.

Well, they have been progressing with every album, mostly with the vocals.
26.02.2008 - 20:06
belisarius
i was a fan since i discovered the cd domine non es dignus (that's about 2 years ago now). And i think they get better with every album
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
14.04.2008 - 23:04
BK1980
Account deleted
Oh yes! New to the forum, i think i probably posted in the wrong topic before, but have now discovered the search function. Just wanted to say that, depite having not been into metal for years, i recently discovered the album "Hell is empty.." and was absolutely blown away! Staggering on all levels, one of the few albums i can put on and listen all the way through, simply immense. Having started my metal listening with Slayer way back when, i can safely say this matches Reign in Blood for jaw dropping brilliance and impact, for me at any rate. Just wondering what similar bands there are that i may have missed out on? (though i doubt any can match this...)
11.05.2008 - 07:17
Nexus
Asshat
Oh man. Anaal Nathrakh are gods, I tell you! Fucking gods! They make such amazing music. And they're coming to Montréal *is insanely psyched beyond belief*. I never expected to see them live in show, though, seeing as how they always seemed to be a studio-exclusive band (safe the few shows they did here and there in Europe) but ... thank God they're coming here *is eternally grateful*. It's going to be so awesome.

I actually didn't discover them too long ago ... only about a year and a half, two years ago. The first song I heard by them (which I still think is their best song. It's so chilling) was the Supreme Necrotic Audnance (the one off the Codex Necro). That song ... *sighs* That song is excellent. THEY are excellent.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
12.05.2008 - 02:37
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i first heard between piss and shit we are born off eschaton and as soon as i heard it i was hooked! i love all the albums esecially codex nero and eschaton.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
24.05.2008 - 21:13
Nexus
Asshat
Does anyone know why they postponed their Canadian dates. This makes a sad Nexus : (
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
24.05.2008 - 22:12
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I have trouble with this bands vocals, they're somewhat a little irritating. I could say that their music is okay, bu nothing very special, though a bit different, they have their own sound for sure.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
29.05.2008 - 19:16
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
what i find annoying about anaal nathrakh...they do a tour, im excited until i realise they play london and glasgow...nowhere near birmingham! i mean they are from birmingham! why dont they come to birmingham
----
04.10.2008 - 11:59
Sonic MrSumo
The Codex Necro is the hardest, heaviest album I own. It's just so brutal!

"Die on your knees..."
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
04.10.2008 - 22:14
SK921
Account deleted
FOR ALL WHO LIKE ANAAL NATHRAKH! I RECOMEND YOU!

THE AXIS OF PERDITION!

http://www.myspace.com/theaxisofperdition
05.10.2008 - 00:24
mankvill
Written by Nexus on 24.05.2008 at 21:13

Does anyone know why they postponed their Canadian dates. This makes a sad Nexus : (

Visa problems. No plans to return to North America yet, though they have said they're close to making a big announcement. Dave is on tour with Benediction right now and I believe Mick is playing with his other band, Deliverance, right now.
06.10.2008 - 10:09
FOOCK Nam
Written by Visioneerie on 24.05.2008 at 22:12

I have trouble with this bands vocals, they're somewhat a little irritating. I could say that their music is okay, bu nothing very special, though a bit different, they have their own sound for sure.

Do you find Dani's vocal of Cradle Of Filth irritating ? I cant stand his vocal, but as for Anaal Nathrakh, I can enjoy the Dave's vocal.
13.10.2008 - 18:12
FOOCK Nam
Mick is such a excellent instrumentalist. He wrote all the music for Anaal Nathrkah.
14.10.2008 - 21:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by FOOCK Nam on 13.10.2008 at 18:12

Mick is such a excellent instrumentalist. He wrote all the music for Anaal Nathrkah.

Yeah, plus all his other projects he writes for...
15.10.2008 - 05:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They're already recording a new album. If I remember correctly, it'll get released in June 2009.
14.05.2009 - 23:39
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Wow.... all I gotta say with this.... just wow!
----
29.05.2009 - 07:52
Lord_Regnier
I still don't understand why some people label this band as BM.

For me, it's a mix between grindcore and Brutal Death, with a little industrial touch here and there. And vocals have something core-ish that doesn't belong to BM.

My opinion is based only on the songs from their Myspace page, so maybe I missed something. Because, imo, it's not BM by any stretch. I mean, it might have a 'little something' of BM. But enough to label it as BM? I don't think so.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
29.05.2009 - 10:30
FOOCK Nam
@Lord_Regnier: the vocal is black metal style and they use double bas drum, of course they have grindcore and clearly brutal death, but also black metal element.
29.05.2009 - 14:01
Lord_Regnier
Written by FOOCK Nam on 29.05.2009 at 10:30

@Lord_Regnier: the vocal is black metal style and they use double bas drum, of course they have grindcore and clearly brutal death, but also black metal element.

The vocals that you refer to as BM vocals have something core-ish, they're not purely BM.
The fact they use double bass drum is totally irrelevant. Double bass is used aplenty in many metal genres.

From my point of view, saying Anaal Nathrakh is BM is like saying Portal is BM. Both are a hundred times closer to Brutal Death than Black Metal.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
30.05.2009 - 08:54
FOOCK Nam
Well I dont know how to say or describe, maybe not "double bass drum" but their drum is very black metal, check out the song Between Shit And Piss We Are Born, also When The Lion Devours Both Child And Dragon. If you think their vocal is core-ish, I think you totally wrong, maybe reversely core-ish vocal borrow black metal vocal. Im sure Dave shriek is heavily black metal. But yeah you are right that they are very close to brutal death, but brutal death with black metal vocal and element. I heard somewhere they are classified as brutal death/black metal.
01.06.2009 - 23:42
Got Mayhem?
I think they're a combination of Black Metal, Grind and definitely Death. Whatever they are it's a furious combination. Honestly, this just may be what an Apocalypse might sound like.
----
04.06.2009 - 17:28
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Their new album is fucking awesome. They sorta went back to their roots.
09.06.2009 - 05:39
Got Mayhem?
Just listened to the new album and its amazing.
even though they aren't really black metal this is definitely in the running for best BM album of 09 to me.
----
09.06.2009 - 08:15
FOOCK Nam
Checked new stuff of 09, still worthy with epic element in their music.
10.06.2009 - 13:40
AbdelioR
Phuww.. this band it's amazing. I have listened their last albums and they're so fucking awesome
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
01.07.2009 - 03:03
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Best band in the world

I am downloading 'In The Constellation Of The Black Widow' cos I can't find it in any shops ¬_¬ SO as soon as I can find it I will buy

Their music is perfect for me, Dave Hunt is such a varied vocalist, his voice gives me the shivers...My favourite album at the moment is probably Hell Is Empty... and Domine Non Es Dignus but it changes alot heh...
----
03.07.2009 - 11:09
ioannisk
ONE OF THE BEST (IF NOT THE BEST) EXTREME METAL BAND OUT THERE! CHECK ALSO PROFFESOR FATE..MICK WRITES ALL THE MUSIC THERE AS WELL AND DOES SOME GREAT VOCALS (+GARM IN ONE SONG)
03.07.2009 - 12:49
Jan Destiny
Awesome band! I know them just for a few months, their music is uniqe. The last album is something like a soundrtrack for apocalypse.
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
26.07.2009 - 11:43
opearn
Account deleted
I only started list to them recently.

they sound very nice.
26.07.2009 - 16:04
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Holy guacamole, I just listened to Domine Non es Dignus for the first time and this sh*t is awesome! So any recommendations which album should I listen next, cause I think it's pointless to lsiten to the whole discography at once. I'd like to know them better album by album.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.