Metal Storm logo
Santana

01.12.2007 - 05:01
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I just got into the music of Carlos Santana recently......I downloaded some ov the earlier songs, Very smooth and great groove. it's very layed back classic rock with latin flavour. I have an assignment in Spanish class this Thursday [which must be about Spanish music artists] and I'm choosing to base it on him.

what do you guys think?
01.12.2007 - 17:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hi us eto kick ass in 60ties blues and such kind of muisc, its so awsome, but i totaly dont like modern Santana , Black magc women(even its Fleetwood mac song) are best his period
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.12.2007 - 02:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: yeah nowadays Carlos Santana tends to do alot of collaberations with chart-topping artists doesn't he What ever happened to his origional band?
02.12.2007 - 10:51
Sunioj
All of his solos sound the same. And he is so overplayed over here.

But I used to like him.
13.12.2007 - 23:24
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Sunioj: solos sounding the same.....I guess they are generic to each other, but that's the latin rock style......haha even Bahamian radios play his new song. But yeah his new songs cannot hold a candle to the classic stuff.
07.01.2008 - 00:27
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
One of the most wonderful guitarist ever, and the Santana'sa performance in woodstock blow away many rock acts in history, just check the Mike Shrieve Drum solo!
23.12.2009 - 20:28
His Eminence
Account deleted
Santana's a really good guitarist. But yeah, his new songs are nothing compared to his old stuff. I'm not exactly sure what year it is, but Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's Smile) is one of my favorites by him.
28.12.2009 - 19:51
Ulv
The only album i do enjoy by carlos is the one he made with john mclaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra): "Love Devotion Surrender", great record have on vinyl xD
07.01.2010 - 07:23
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Ive never listened to one of his albums but I love his work with Mana, specially
"Justicia, Tierra y Libertad", his colaboration with Steven Tyler is cool too
27.01.2010 - 12:36
FOOCK Nam
Is Santana instrumental ?
03.02.2010 - 17:52
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.01.2010 at 12:36

Is Santana instrumental ?

No, Santana is not instrumental; but he's got many instrumental songs.

As for his music, i like his early and 70s works; I also like his collaboration with blues guitarist John Lee Hooker (just listen to JLH - Chill out song).
10.02.2010 - 08:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Seeing Santana live when they get into a really intense instrumental groove is hypnotic though...
29.07.2010 - 11:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I always knew of him because my dad is a fan but I never really bothered to listen to him. However, when I started listening to Jazz I started to get an appreciation for a lot of different types of music and I was turned onto Santana's Latin Jazz Fusion. What's there to say? The music is very smooth. A great mixture of various sounds from all different cultures. I've listened to a lot of Abraxas and a little of Caravanserai as well as Love Devotion Surrender. The latter is a great collaboration between Carlos and the legendary John McLaughlin. It's a fantastic album and a beautiful tribute to the late great John Coltrane. Such a treasure trove of music out there.
----
The force will be with you, always.
29.07.2010 - 14:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Santana is a pretty cool guy, eh plays guitar and doesnt afraid of anything
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
12.08.2010 - 23:58
His Eminence
Account deleted
I saw him live on July 28th. He put on a damn good show! Steve Winwood opened up for him. He also was great live as well.