Iron Maiden - Flight 666 review
|Release date:||May 2009|
Disc I [Flight 666: The Film]
Disc II [The concert]
01. Churchill's Speech [Live at Bandra Kurla Complex - Mumbai, India]
02. Aces High [Live at Bandra Kurla Complex - Mumbai, India]
03. 2 Minutes To Midnight [Live at Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia]
04. Revelations [Live at Acer Arena - Sydney, Australia]
05. The Trooper [Live at Makuhari Messe - Tokyo, Japan]
06. Wasted Years [Live at Arena Monterrey - Monterrey, Mexico]
07. The Number Of The Beast [Live at The Forum - Los Angeles, USA]
08. Can I Play With Madness? [Live at Foro Sol - Mexico City, Mexico]
09. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner [Live at Izod Center - New Jersey, USA]
10. Powerslave [Live at Saprissa Stadium - San Jose, Costa Rica]
11. Heaven Can Wait [Live at Palmeiras Stadium - Sao Paulo, Brazil]
12. Run To The Hills [Live at Simon Bolivar Park - Bogota, Colombia]
13. Fear Of The Dark [Live at Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium - Buenos Aires, Argentina]
14. Iron Maiden [Live at Pista Atletica - Santiago, Chile]
15. Moonchild [Live at Coliseo de Puerto Rico - San Juan, Puerto Rico]
16. The Clairvoyant [Live at Pedreira Paulo Leminski - Curitiba, Brazil]
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name [Live at Air Canada Centre - Toronto, Canada]
Imagine yourself going back 15, 20 years in the past and being able to listen to the best songs of the best band of that time. The songs that you've been listening to more than 20 years and that made your teen years more cheerful and exciting. The band whose shows you couldn't watch because you were underage or because they didn't play at your country.
Now imagine your teenage dreams coming true. That's what I felt when I watched Iron Maiden playing live during the Somewhere Back in Time tour and what I feel every time I watch this DVD.
This is really the best of the best, captured live during the tour when they made 23 concerts in 5 continents in 24 days - an unbelievable achievement for any band. The DVD presents 16 songs recorded in 16 different cities, but so well tied together that they sometimes appear as if they were recorded in a single show. The songs are pretty much the same as the ones present in Live After Death, but a few newer ones such as Heaven Can Wait, The Clairvoyant and Fear of the Dark contribute to improve the album even more.
The best experience, however, is to be able to listen to songs like The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, The Trooper and Hallowed Be thy Name recorded with a great image and sound quality.
This is a must for any metal fan and, specially, for Iron Maiden fans.
Comments: 10 Visited by: 134 users
| Kallis Helmi
| the stranger
| Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Hits total: 3452 | This month: 6