Metal Storm logo
Your Favorite Death Metal Solo?

10.09.2010 - 13:41
JD
Account deleted
I searched for a topic like this and I couldnt find one, so i made this topic to discuss your favorite Death song's solo, for me the best damn solo i ever heard in a Death Metal song it will be Trapped In The Emptiness By Dies Irae, it's 1 minute and 20 seconds solo, that's just me so what's yours!? i like to hear other pepole opinions.
10.09.2010 - 14:52
Reza
Account deleted
Written by [user id=28526] on 10.09.2010 at 13:41

I searched for a topic like this and I couldnt find one, so i made this topic to discuss your favorite Death song's solo, for me the best damn solo i ever heard in a Death Metal song it will be Trapped In The Emptiness By Dies Irae, it's 1 minute and 20 seconds solo, that's just me so what's yours!? i like to hear other pepole opinions.

This thread contains all of Death Metal subgenres like Melodeath and ... ?
10.09.2010 - 17:55
JD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=41780] on 10.09.2010 at 14:52

Written by [user id=28526] on 10.09.2010 at 13:41

This thread contains all of Death Metal subgenres like Melodeath and ... ?

Yup
10.09.2010 - 18:05
Malphas
I'd say Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge , Necrophagist has a lot of great solos (Muhammed Suiçmez is a genius) and also Vader has some great solos like on "This is the War" "What Color is Your Blood" "The Book" "Die" etc, although Piotr uses mainly the whammy for his solos
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10.09.2010 - 18:18
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Tough one ...
probably Nervecell's "Vicious Circle of Bloodshed"

listen from 2:30
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.09.2010 - 18:20
JD
Account deleted
Written by Malphas on 10.09.2010 at 18:05

I'd say Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge , Necrophagist has a lot of great solos (Muhammed Suiçmez is a genius) and also Vader has some great solos like on "This is the War" "What Color is Your Blood" "The Book" "Die" etc, although Piotr uses mainly the whammy for his solos

Before reading your post, i was listening to Fermented Offal Discharge that was weird dude and yeah this song got an amazing solo at the End and many great riffs
10.09.2010 - 18:23
JD
Account deleted
Written by Zombie on 10.09.2010 at 18:18

Tough one ...
probably Nervecell's "Vicious Circle of Bloodshed"

Yeah the solo in this one is killer! plus Vastlands Of Abomination and Demean
10.09.2010 - 18:43
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yeah, Nervecell are amazing, and really great guys, met them in Cairo ... so friendly and humble.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.09.2010 - 19:00
Reza
Account deleted
Well, They Will Return by Kalmah. I really enjoyed this song ! An opening solo after a great riff at first ! The melodies return after this as well as some background keyboard work. Then the second solo comes in around 2:11 . The end of the song is interesting because behind the vocals Pasi does some keyboard soloing and then a quick bass fill by Timo before the final chords of the song are played. This song has Great Solos !
12.09.2010 - 18:50
Malphas
I almost forgot xD listen to the solos in Vomitory's "Serpents" and "A Lesson in Virulence"
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13.09.2010 - 15:13
JD
Account deleted
Am goin to check them now, and you should listen to the solo in "Hate Them" by Aeon
13.09.2010 - 20:04
King Bonzo
Sarpanitum- Seducing the phallus throne

kicks in at around 1:55, sorry for the shite sound quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHChc1ZrpI
14.09.2010 - 13:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Yeah vader and necrophagist have some great solos. also DEATH, evocation (the more we bleed) and septicflesh have some amazing solos imo. especially Death, in Symbolic almost all the solos are awesome and generally in their last 3 albums the solo work has been amazing... but also in older songs as Lack Of Comprehesnsion and leprosy and many others..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
14.09.2010 - 18:10
Malphas
Don't get me started about Death's solos...there's an amazing one in every song from them...my favs are "Trapped in a Corner" and "Bite the Pain"

Written by [user id=28526] on 13.09.2010 at 15:13

Am goin to check them now, and you should listen to the solo in "Hate Them" by Aeon

almost forgot to reply.....it kicks ass, i have the whole discography from Aeon, they rule xD
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
15.09.2010 - 04:56
Kratos
Wrought by Nile. The mini-flute solo leading up to the guitar solo is really cool and impressive, imo, the guitars and drums also flow really well on that solo.
07.11.2010 - 14:47
vangosh
Best solos ever (my top 10):

1.Opeth: White Cluster
2.Opeth: The Grand Conjuration
3.Opeth: April Ethereal & When
4.Opeth: Deliverance both Solos!
5.Moonspell: Everything Invaded
6.Megadeth: Symphony of Destruction
7.Metallica: One
8.Iron Maiden: Powerslave
9.Draconian: When I Wake
10.Testament: Souls of Black
07.11.2010 - 21:17
Written by vangosh on 07.11.2010 at 14:47

Best solos ever (my top 10):

1.Opeth: White Cluster
2.Opeth: The Grand Conjuration
3.Opeth: April Ethereal & When
4.Opeth: Deliverance both Solos!
5.Moonspell: Everything Invaded
6.Megadeth: Symphony of Destruction
7.Metallica: One
8.Iron Maiden: Powerslave
9.Draconian: When I Wake
10.Testament: Souls of Black

"Your Favourite Death Metal Solo?"
07.11.2010 - 23:14
vangosh
Yheea i know, x)
14.11.2010 - 18:55
THe Best Ever DIgging Man into Ground Death Metal Solo is most of Hypocrisy songs most of them that were before 1998
14.11.2010 - 19:56
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra

+1 for Necrophagist.
11.01.2011 - 11:21
JD
Account deleted
Deicide - Not As Long As We Both Shall Live, very good solo\riff in this song.
11.01.2011 - 11:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Carcass - Forensic Clinicism/The Sanguine Article

Bill Steer's solos in that song are so chilling and effective. I dunno if its my fave death metal solo of all, but it is the one that came to mind when I came to give an answer to this thread. lol
12.01.2011 - 02:38
MetalSpider
Demonoid - Wargods

Start listening around 2:38....or just listen to the whole song because its awesome!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
12.01.2011 - 15:37
Gurth Bennas
I really like wintersun solos. especially "Winter Madness" and "beautiful death" solos.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
13.01.2011 - 01:47
Kevorkian
"December Flower" by In Flames. Very beautiful and emotion-filled.
27.05.2011 - 03:19
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted

The exact same one. Along with Stabwound too. I'll add Dismember's Override Of The Overture and Entombed's Left Hand Path. I'm still getting INTO DM so I haven't listened to a lot of songs, but this'll do for now.
27.05.2011 - 22:48
Sammol
I like Steve's solo on Homage for Satan.

for non-lonely stuff.
29.05.2011 - 02:17
Metal_4Ever
I like Opeth and their Solo in "Burden"....It's Awsome
06.06.2011 - 01:54
I love the Bass solo in Cosmic Sea, it just leads in so well to the next part!

Now as for Guitar Solos, there's the solo in
'Find the Arise' by Obituary
'Celestial Voyage' by Cynic
'Crystal Mountain' By Death (That's solo is just classic)
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"
06.06.2011 - 01:58
Actually I changed my mind on the Death Solo I chose, the solo from 'Trapped in a Corner' is pretty amazing, there are just too many good Death solos!
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"