Metal Storm logo
Forbidden - Tour Drummer Announced

Cali's reunited thrashers Forbidden posted the following:

"Forbidden proudly announces Mark Hernandez (Heathen, Defiance, Re-Ignition, Vio-lence, Torque, Technocracy, Social Unrest), as the drummer for Forbidden's upcoming European tour. Mark Hernandez is one of the most dynamic and solid drummers in Hard Rock/Heavy Metal today. His aggressive attack and technical ability shine. Mark has proven himself over and over from his time in one of the most respected thrash metal bands of all time Vio-lence and more recently with Heathen and the rebirth of Defiance. Mark will be one of the most watched drummers in Hard rock & Heavy Metal for years to come."

Statements from the band:

Glen comments, "Mark is a bro from the Bay Area. I've been waiting for the opportunity to jam with him for years, and here we are. Mark came in the first day and blasted through 5 songs like it was nothing!!"

Craig comments, "Yes, we're all very excited about going over to Europe with Mark Hernandez behind the kit. It took us a while to sort out all of the details, so we apologize for the delay. It was rumored that Chris Kontos, whom I already have the honor of playing with in SpiralArms, was going to be Forbidden's European drummer. But that did not pan out because Chris had other obligations with Attitude Adjustment and the Part Time Christians. So we had to try out some other drummers and Mark was on Fire for the gig! He knocked us over with his audition and showed us how good he really is. This guy is going to surprise a lot of people. He shocked all of us and really did his homework. I've known Mark a long time after seeing him play with Vio-Lence and Re-igniton and most recently Heathen so I knew he had some chops. The last thing we would do is put someone onto the Forbidden drum throne who could not handle the job and pressure of filling some mighty large shoes. Obviously Paul Bostaph and Steve Jacobs would be there if they could, but Paul's in Testament and Steve is unavailable in the time frame of this tour. So Mark won the job flat out and he deserves it! So let's show him some love and respect to Mark when he bashing behind the kit with us in Europe. Make him feel welcome!"

Matt comments, "We are fortunate to land another great drummer, one that can live up to the caliber of world class drummers that we and our fans expect"
Russ comments, "Mark is a bad ass drummer that deserves a chance!"

Mark Hernandez comments, "I am honored to be playing with Forbidden, and I am ready for the task at hand".

"We can't wait to see you all out on the road!"

Forbidden will be starting their tour in Copenhagen Demark, June 20, 2008, ending Jul 5 2008 at Holland's Waldrock Festival. Full tour itinerary and direct contact with the band can be found at http://www.myspace.com/forbidden__evil.

20/06 The Rock - Copenhagen, Denmark
21/06 Turock - Essen, Germany
22/06 Hellfest - Clisson, France
23/06 Radar - Torino, Italy
24/06 Stuk - Maribor, Slovakia
25/06 Sotto Tetto - Bologna, Italy
26/06 Bang Your Head - Hechingen, Germany
27/06 Bang Your Head - Balingen, Germany
28/06 Graspop Metal Meeting - Dessel, Belgium
03/07 Markthalle - Hamburg, Germany
04/07 Dynamo Club - Eindhoven, Netherlands
05/07 Waldrock Festival - Burgum, Netherlands

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Forbidden
Posted: 22.05.2008 by Ether

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 31 users
23.05.2008 - 01:15
Bsquared

aaaaah this sucks! I thought they were coming to europe with Gene Hoglan Bah! I'm dying to see that guy live. I'll just keep on dreaming for a reformation of SYL....
----
http://www.last.fm/user/Hobflop
23.05.2008 - 09:02
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i approve. hes played with Vio-lence and Heathen, his 80s thrash cred is sufficient, regardless of his tenure with aforementioned bands.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.05.2008 - 15:54
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Can't wait to see them!
----
THRASH!!!
22.10.2018 - 09:39
Martenlass

Drummers have been announced today for the tour of the festival on the time of the December nights at the open hall drumming competition. With the fest the tour of the forbidden to custom paper writing service reviews have drummers new looks on the time to be performance.

Hits total: 3742 | This month: 3