03. Stray Bullet Kill
04. Epidemic (Created To Kill)
05. Demons Divine
06. Autopsy Extravaganza
07. Retaliation
08. Condemned By Pride
09. Cursed Revelations
10. Chainsaw Surgery

Believe it or not, Vomitory has 15 years of existence, and I think is one of those bands that have earned a fairly amount of popularity, but not as much so they can be considered legends.
The band formed back in 1989 and it wasn't until 1993 that they release something, this album marks their third release with Metal Blade Records, and let me tell you that I wasn't impressed at all with the outcomes of this album.

Vomitory plays Death Metal, uncompromising, relentless and? outdated, I mean, this is the same stuff Death Metal bands have done for years now, the undecipherable vocals, the same riffs, the same drumming patterns etc, you name it, is here.
Of course, this doesn't mean this is an awful release or something like that, actually is quite acceptable, but sadly, fails miserably in satisfying my craving for original stuff.

With 15 years of existence, Vomitory must have a big fan database somewhere I think, so I don't think my review will do any damage to their actual status, but rest assure that I won't stop complaining about talented bands that keep doing the same over and over again throughout all their albums, the lack of innovation is the worst disease of Heavy Metal these days.

Someone told me once, "if you got nothing good to say about something, don't say anything", so I'll keep my review short.

In a nutshell, Vomitory has great musicianship, good tempo breaks here and there, but suffers of a total lack of innovation when it comes to songwriting, all fans of Old-School Death Metal, you got a winner here, for all the rest that, like me, are searching for the next big thing in Metal, skip this one.

Written by Undercraft | 06.05.2004

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 28 users
25.03.2009 - 08:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Man... just.. whata fuck is wrong with this band?? They are just too good! One of the best brutal death metal acts i have ever heard.. the best in this style in my opinion.. This work is really not their best effort, but the lack of inovation is nothing if they keep with the great music, and this album has this, and lots.
A real problem with this album is not being as good as Blood Rapture.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.08.2021 - 04:51
Rating: 7
BlankFile

Its a good effort, but i think this one is a little bit more repetitive and dull.

Hits total: 3777 | This month: 15