Metal Storm logo
Vintersorg

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 26.07.2006 - 20:48
The thread for this excellent Black Folk Metal band from Sweden. "Vintersorg" means roughly "Winter Sorrow", the name was taken from the Isfolket series by Margit Sandemo, where the character Vintersorg is the son of a great pagan leader.

Though I don't know very much about their music, I really love this band, because of the music and for the lyrical themes - nature, science, philosophy, astronomy -

I only have the album "Ödemarkens Son" which in english means "The Son of The Wilderness", and some songs of the other albums, I'm looking forward to get the other ones.

So, what do you think about them?
13.03.2007 - 12:15
GT
Coffee!!
@arwestromen: what!? Why would they call you nazi for listning to Vintersorg...he hasn't got any nazi-themed lyrics what so ever...just tell to f*** of and listen to what ever music you like
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.03.2007 - 13:17
arwestromen

Written by GT on 13.03.2007 at 12:15

@arwestromen: what!? Why would they call you nazi for listning to Vintersorg...he hasn't got any nazi-themed lyrics what so ever...just tell to f*** of and listen to what ever music you like

That what I told them to do I also told them that they should read the lyrics before accusing me for being a nazi.....but if you listen to bands that are singing about sweden in swedish they're allways a rasist band in peoples eyes no matter what. It's sad really.
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
14.03.2007 - 17:14
Dark Stalker

Very interesting band . I like their tribute to Uriah Heep's Rainbow demon .
----
In luck we trust!
17.03.2007 - 01:11
Daru Jericho

I'm getting more and more into them as of late. Comic Genesis is a great album. I like the earlier stuff a lot too. Maybe about as much. Vintersorg is such a creative genious.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.04.2008 - 21:56
Lord TJ

The first song I heard from these guys was "Till Fjalls" and when I heard the vocals I pictured Paul Bunien...

Epic band, I love these guys, I think my favorite song would have to be Astral And Arcane.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
05.06.2008 - 20:07
Gordon Freeman

I am resurecting the Vintersorg thread because I'm curious. What does everyone think about the new album?

For myself it hasn't replaced Till Fjalls on my list of favorite Vintersorg albums but it may just be my second favorite. I'm really glad he has gotten back into singing in his native tounge.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
09.12.2008 - 10:53
In_tallica

I am a fan of vintersorg. Espscielly the old stuff, but I really don't understand how it can be rated as "black folk metal". Folk metal yes, but...black?
16.01.2009 - 04:38
Sick Girl

I really like this band. Cosmic Genesis was my favorite album I think.
16.01.2009 - 05:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Listened to Solen Rotter tonight actually...and MAN is it good! Cosmic Genesis was my favourite Vintersorg album until tonight....completely bowled over by the latest album. Absolutely fantastic progressive swedish metal...not sure exactly what to describe them as but yeah lol Awesome
16.01.2009 - 06:30
Richard

I still haven't heard Solen Rotter, but I'm sure it'll be well worth getting - particularly promising with Vintersorg singing in his native language again. It would be nice if he returned to the deeper vocals that he used on the first few releases, too.

Needless to say, Otyg is practically essential for any Vintersorg fan that wants to hear some proper Scandinavian Folk Metal with Vintersorg's trademark deep melodic vocals.
----
28.03.2011 - 06:50
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I finally checked out this band today, looking for something different. Well I found it- Nice mix of progressive and folk, and very unique-Something that's hard to come by nowdays.
28.03.2011 - 08:11
Yasmine

I couldn't get into them, but that was a while ago, might have something for me now.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
29.03.2011 - 13:38
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Gordon Freeman on 05.06.2008 at 20:07

I am resurecting the Vintersorg thread because I'm curious. What does everyone think about the new album?

For myself it hasn't replaced Till Fjalls on my list of favorite Vintersorg albums but it may just be my second favorite. I'm really glad he has gotten back into singing in his native tounge.

I was quite disappointed with their Jordpuls initially, but listened to it a few more times and found some quite enjoyable music to listen to. Don't think it ranks above the 'decent' Vintersorg albums such as The Focusing Blur and Visions From The Spiral Generator (certainly not the incredible Cosmic Genesis or Till Fjalls), but it's definetely enjoyable, bit misleading after hearing the first song though

I really thought after the first couple of minutes it was a return to the likes of Till Fjalls 0.0.
02.04.2011 - 19:57
Coté

Written by arwestromen on 14.03.2007 at 13:17

Written by GT on 13.03.2007 at 12:15

That what I told them to do I also told them that they should read the lyrics before accusing me for being a nazi.....but if you listen to bands that are singing about sweden in swedish they're allways a rasist band in peoples eyes no matter what. It's sad really.

WTF, that's just crazy Vintersorg a nazi band ?? who was the idiot who said that??!!
I really think Sweden has issues with patriotism, they're always mixing it with being a rasist or nazi...I got to know that they changed their national song 'cause it contained "too many" mentions of how sweden was like as a country. That's what every f*ucking national song is about damnit! I thounght it was really weird, since a come originally from Chile and our song mentions everything that's good with it all way long.
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
03.04.2011 - 02:44
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Checked out their new album today, and it's gonna be on my top of 2011 list for sure.
20.04.2019 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seems band is working on new album, no official anoucment but FB post suggests
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing