Metal Storm logo
Moonblood

16.09.2006 - 02:50
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Moonblood are an awesome raw black metal band from Germany that I'm sure many of you know...

They're very elitist and their records are badly produced (and released only in tape and vinyl), but their songwriting is among the best... my favourite is "rehearsal 8" (also called "Conquering The Ravenland"), an extraordinary 80 minutes demo hehe...

Expect Darkthrone inspired Black Metal, with long songs and very well placed riffs... vocals are ripping, and the whole atmosphere very haunting...

highly recommended for die-hard old school Black Metal fans.
16.09.2006 - 03:52
Damnated
Churchburner
own every single mp3 there is to find on p2ps I like to think of them as a more epic and wAy better version of Darkthrone they are repetitive after a while, but there are others to listen to then. my fav is Blut und Krieg, their first full length. it is more epic and a bit superior to the demos, and the production is still basement like. it builds up nicely the atmosphere.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.09.2006 - 05:06
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Weird I still hadn't listened to any of their "full lengths" (which are, by the way, MUCH shorter than any demo)... but their demo shit is freakin' awesome... these guys with a bit better production would be THE raw black metal band.-
16.09.2006 - 15:27
Damnated
Churchburner
the full lengths have a decent production. and imo they are THE raw black metal band
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.09.2006 - 17:19
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
with moonblood (and vlad tepes) people always whine about the production value but this is actually because they don't seem to realise they're listening to rehearsals which have been spread since the bands cult status has grown. the studio recordings by both of these bands are good quality.

moonblood are decent but they're nothing great. all the ebay hype is what gets them attention, not their music.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.09.2006 - 17:55
FOOCK Nam
I found 2 Full lenght of Moonblood: Hailing the gods of metal, Taste of our german steel. The first one I heard it was fake, the second one is really made by them. I only listened 2 or 3 songs in Blut and Krieg and The demo The Winter Falls Over The Land. Their music are not bad. Because of their recording quality, I cant realize wut exactly genre they are, heard they were considered Epic black metal and raw black metal.Though by means of their recording manner, they have raw element
16.09.2006 - 18:26
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.09.2006 at 17:55

Hailing the gods of metal

is a bootleg. it's not a fake, but a compliation of cover songs perfomed by Moonblood. the other full length is Blut & Krieg. the production on that is good.
----