08. Insults To My Heritage

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 62 users
23.05.2011 - 18:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
A lot of people probably won't agree with me, but this is Detonation's strongest album overall. The melodies are almost completely eliminated and they stick to a death/thrash sound, so it's a bit of a musical change, but for someone who was never able to get into their previous works (more or less because of the melody) this is more than a welcome change.

Fans of the old sound won't likely be as pleased with this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.06.2011 - 13:58
MechanisT
Account deleted
I'm still waiting for a well-balanced album from Detonation. The previous album was a lot more melodic, which I really liked, but missed that "cutting edge", if you like. This one has that edge (which is also right up my alley), but almost completely devoid of the melodies that made the previous album enjoyable. If they can somehow put their heads together to combine these two elements effectively in their next album, I'd be floored. They have that potential, but they're not using it to the fullest extent. As of now, a really good album, but not great.
13.09.2011 - 11:36
Rating: 9
MadTinus

Written by Guest on 05.06.2011 at 13:58

I'm still waiting for a well-balanced album from Detonation. The previous album was a lot more melodic, which I really liked, but missed that "cutting edge", if you like. This one has that edge (which is also right up my alley), but almost completely devoid of the melodies that made the previous album enjoyable. If they can somehow put their heads together to combine these two elements effectively in their next album, I'd be floored. They have that potential, but they're not using it to the fullest extent. As of now, a really good album, but not great.

There's more melody in the songs than initially meets the 'ear', repeated listening will reveal it.

Killer album i.m.o., love the ferocity and intensity.
13.09.2011 - 11:59
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by MadTinus on 13.09.2011 at 11:36

Written by Guest on 05.06.2011 at 13:58

There's more melody in the songs than initially meets the 'ear', repeated listening will reveal it.

Killer album i.m.o., love the ferocity and intensity.

In my case, the "repeated listening" part is an understatement. I've spun it around more than I can keep count, and I still find it less melodic than their previous releases.
16.09.2012 - 05:11
Rating: 5
Kuroboshi

I've never understood what people like about this band. This is their most boring release so far. It just feels so generic.

Hits total: 7334 | This month: 5