Metal Storm logo
Chaos Moon

25.05.2011 - 19:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
Chaos Moon is an Atmospheric Black Metal band hailing from Nashville, USA . the band has a unique approach to the recently spreading sub-genre "Cosmic influenced Metal" where they don't overuse the Synths\Keyboards but combine them with strange melodic guitar riffs pushing the listener further more towards a bleak-like trance .
they have released a punch of demos then the debut Origin of Apparition in 2007 and the follow up Languor Into Echoes, Beyond in the same year.

here are a couple of songs

I mainly posted this thread to point out that the band has uploaded a new EP online which I found while checking out their Myspace
It is called The Ouroboros Worm
and they were cool enough to give us a mediafire free download link !

http://www.mediafire.com/?8vrndoo4iy4im49
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
25.05.2011 - 19:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Cheers for the heads up on the new EP. Downloading nao!
25.05.2011 - 21:04
The Turbanator

Thanks for the info on the new EP! i like this band! Origin of Apparition and Languor into Echoes,Beyond are quality albums.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
26.05.2011 - 00:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Awesomeness. loved "Languor...", will have to check this our pronto.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.05.2011 - 08:54
InnerSelf
proofread free
No problem .. I am very exited about this and will be downloading it today
anyone heard it yet?
----
is not bold enough
26.05.2011 - 11:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Languor Into Echoes, Beyond is a fan-fucking-tastic album, unique and mesmerizing. Thanks for the head's up.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2011 - 21:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Lucas on 26.05.2011 at 11:14

Languor Into Echoes, Beyond is a fan-fucking-tastic album, unique and mesmerizing. Thanks for the head's up.

Yes it is
Thanks for discovering it
----
is not bold enough
29.08.2011 - 04:20
InnerSelf
proofread free
Sadly Chaos Moon announced today on their Facebook page that they have disbanded
but the full-length album that they have been working on will be released as their final offering.
----
is not bold enough
29.08.2011 - 04:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
That sucks indeed, but at least we'll get one more album out of them, hopefully at least almost as good as "Languor"...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.08.2011 - 11:48
Slayer666

DISBANDING BEFORE YOUR TIME IST KRIEG!!!

A shame, they were pretty good. Nothing absolutely essential or such, simply atmospheric black metal done quite well.
30.08.2011 - 09:04
The Turbanator

Fucks sake.. another one bites the dust.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.09.2011 - 02:09
InnerSelf
proofread free
The band posted the following today on Facebook :

"I have recently started working on the full length again, mainly adjusting guitar tone, but we will be recording bass, drums, and vocals very soon. I will be returning to vocal duties with perhaps some guests here and there. Also, we MAY play one last show at the end of the year. Don't know exactly when, where, or with who, but it is an idea.
Lithotome (one of the bands that Chaos Moon split into) progress is moving along nicely. I just finished recording bass, and N. Imperial (and special guest) will be recording their vocal parts soon. No release date or anything set yet.
There is another project in the works, but is completely a solo project. Not much to say yet, but it will be similar to the lengthy synth heavy Languor... tracks. More information on that later."

this sounds interesting , this is Lithotome's facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lithotome/157407690981604
----
is not bold enough
05.02.2012 - 23:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
Another update from the band posted today :

"Album update: In limbo yet again, but we've made some progress. Waiting on some equipment to arrive and then we will begin recording the rest of the instruments/vocals."

can't wait
----
is not bold enough
18.02.2012 - 23:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
A song from the solo project of main man Esoterica, I love almost everything he does

EDIT : >_< Added the right URL ... Apparently the previous one was for a live performance by Dirge
----
is not bold enough
19.02.2012 - 01:00
Savopipo

Great! I just felt the need for another sub-genre! The music isn't bad though.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
26.02.2012 - 12:15
InnerSelf
proofread free
Shit

"I'm afraid I owe you all an apology.

Over the past few weeks, i've come to the difficult conclusion that this album, that has been brewing for years, isn't worth it. Some of the tracks will be saved and used for other things, but overall it's a forced, bland mess. That being said, Chaos Moon is officially 100% dead. To all of you, thank you for all of the support over the years.

e."
----
is not bold enough
27.02.2012 - 00:57
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by InnerSelf on 26.02.2012 at 12:15

Shit

"I'm afraid I owe you all an apology.

Over the past few weeks, i've come to the difficult conclusion that this album, that has been brewing for years, isn't worth it. Some of the tracks will be saved and used for other things, but overall it's a forced, bland mess. That being said, Chaos Moon is officially 100% dead. To all of you, thank you for all of the support over the years.

e."

Ya, shit!... I guess that will be OK, and I'm glad they didn't go and release a half inspired album. Languor into Chaos, Beyond and The Oroborous Worm EP are great listens and they did a good job on those.
----
Coldgrits
27.02.2012 - 15:47
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by -DC-002- on 27.02.2012 at 00:57

Ya, shit!... I guess that will be OK, and I'm glad they didn't go and release a half inspired album. Languor into Chaos, Beyond and The Oroborous Worm EP are great listens and they did a good job on those.

Agreed
But the two songs that they've posted on their page were really great (links approved by the band)
Dilated : http://www.divshare.com/download/16308134-65c
Paguebearer's Gift : http://www.divshare.com/download/15999626-6e0
----
is not bold enough
29.02.2012 - 08:05
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by InnerSelf on 27.02.2012 at 15:47

Written by -DC-002- on 27.02.2012 at 00:57

Agreed
But the two songs that they've posted on their page were really great (links approved by the band)
Dilated : http://www.divshare.com/download/16308134-65c
Paguebearer's Gift : http://www.divshare.com/download/15999626-6e0

hey ya those were pretty sweet. I guess we'll just have to tag along to however many side projects could be made from this.
----
Coldgrits
15.05.2012 - 01:00
Oaken
Hipster
Good music. Just started getting into Langour.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
13.06.2013 - 00:17
InnerSelf
proofread free
Chaos Moon are resurrected :
Quote:
A few Chaos Moon updates:

I have decided to reactivate it.

I have a full length completed.

This was originally meant for Esoterica, but the overall sound of Esoterica is moving in a different direction and does not make sense to have these tracks under that name. They're very CM (long tracks, lots of atmosphere). Of course, having 2 black metal projects, certains elements will sound the same (especially the debut Esoterica album, Aseity), but the future holds these two entities sounding more and more different from each other.

Chaos Moon will be only me from now on.

A bandcamp exclusive EP will be made available soon. This will contain a track from the full length + old/rare previously unheard Chaos Moon demos and recordings from ages ago.

I have some other special things planned, but more on that later.

The new EP was uploaded today and it's tasty (as usual).
----
is not bold enough
15.06.2013 - 09:44
no one
Account deleted
Never even heard of Chaos Moon, liking what i'm hearing, thanks
15.06.2013 - 10:31
InnerSelf
proofread free
Check out Langour into echoes ... (it's on their bandcamp), amazing album!
----
is not bold enough
27.10.2013 - 02:46
InnerSelf
proofread free
New track sounds rather awesome !

----
is not bold enough
27.10.2013 - 02:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by InnerSelf on 27.10.2013 at 02:46

New track sounds rather awesome !

if its new song you are supose to add it as MS news, and make it perfect
MS news we need do it submit news
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing