Metal Storm logo
Acid Bath

Original post

Posted by , 24.09.2006 - 01:38
Acid Bath is a rather unique band. They fused downtuned distorted doom metal guitars and doomish vocals with hardcore vocals. Sometimes they have punk-like drum patterns but most of the times use slowed down mid-paced doom metal drum sequences. There is hardly a guitar solo but that is to be expected; they are more based on effective powerful chord structures. Since they are from Louisiana, they have picked up on the whole sludgy, angry intense sound that Down, Crowbar or Corrosion of Conformity. Dax Riggs delivers blues influenced vocals while Sammy Duet and Mike Sanchez deliver hardcore-ish lyrics. They put two records out for the Rotten label before bassist Audie Pitre was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver on January 23, 1997...
27.11.2008 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sick Girl on 27.11.2008 at 18:44

I love Acid Bath, definetely one of my favorite bands. But can someone answer a question for me, why don't they have any music videos?

Like Marcel sad they have, and you can see it here

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/videos.php?band_id=2687&bandname=Acid+Bath

EDDIT
This is dirrect link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eseznRxPdmw
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2009 - 01:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Let's talk about this band some more... what do you think the album title "When The Kite String Pops" means?

My theory is that it is related to heroin use/abuse. You know, when you're high on heroin, you're "high as a kite". So when the kite string pops, you lose all control over your addiction or over your life. Or you get even more high. What do you think?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.01.2009 - 01:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I think it could be like you said.
When I read the name I started to think about something that lose it's own control. It could be some kind of freedom or when life isn't safe anymore.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.01.2009 - 09:53
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Well, I think all Acid Bath songs deal with drugs in one ore other way... metaphorically, lyrically speaking, but also musically, you can feel the anguish, sickness and despair felt by an abuser of hard drugs.
10.01.2009 - 15:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I heard Dax ran away from his parents with a girlfriend to a different state, back when he was 13, and dropped a lot of acid in those days. That's pretty hardcore.

He seems to be doing alright now though, with his solo stuff and all that. Does anyone know if he's still an addict?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.01.2009 - 19:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
13 old? Damn....
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.01.2009 - 21:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
So that's why they're called Acid Bath eh...he did enough acid that he could've bathed in the amount he did
11.06.2009 - 18:13
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Listening to Pagean Terrorism Tactics last night. Awsome album. This might seem kind of irrealevent but, the bitch that showed me this band is un-fucking-worthy.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.06.2009 - 22:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Arian Totalis on 11.06.2009 at 18:13

Listening to Pagean Terrorism Tactics last night. Awsome album. This might seem kind of irrealevent but, the bitch that showed me this band is un-fucking-worthy.

LMAO... At least the "bitch" did something great showing you the band
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2009 - 18:36
Crast

Such a great band. Usually I don't really run into people that have heard of them. "When the Kite String Pops" has been one of my favorite albums for a long long time! definitely a band whose career ended too early!

.:c:.
12.06.2009 - 22:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.06.2009 at 22:01

Written by Arian Totalis on 11.06.2009 at 18:13

LMAO... At least the "bitch" did something great showing you the band

Yep
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.06.2009 - 22:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Crast on 12.06.2009 at 18:36

Such a great band. Usually I don't really run into people that have heard of them. "When the Kite String Pops" has been one of my favorite albums for a long long time! definitely a band whose career ended too early!

.:c:.

Yeah, WTKSP is a really awsome album. Better than Pagean Terrorism Tactics, that's for sure. I think it Noble of them though, to have decided to end after Petri Audy's death.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.06.2009 - 22:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I once read in an interview that even if Audy hadn't died, they would've split up sooner or later anyway. Just take a look at what bands the members are in now, Dax Riggs with his Agents Of Oblivion/Deadboy & The Elephantman/Dax Riggs stuff, Sammy Duet with Goatwhore... they were bound to break up due to musical differences at some point if they'd have had the chance.
----

12.06.2009 - 23:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Lucas on 12.06.2009 at 22:19

I once read in an interview that even if Audy hadn't died, they would've split up sooner or later anyway. Just take a look at what bands the members are in now, Dax Riggs with his Agents Of Oblivion/Deadboy & The Elephantman/Dax Riggs stuff, Sammy Duet with Goatwhore... they were bound to break up due to musical differences at some point if they'd have had the chance.

I also heard that there were some small tours AFTER the bassist's death but the thing ended because there was just too much drugs involved or something like that.
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2009 - 23:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.06.2009 at 23:18

I also heard that there were some small tours AFTER the bassist's death but the thing ended because there was just too much drugs involved or something like that.

Yeah, they've always been crippled by that I believe,
----

16.06.2009 - 15:09
Crast

Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.06.2009 at 23:18

Yeah, I guess it's just a bit of fanboyism to desire yet another amazing album,

.:crast:.
13.01.2010 - 07:25
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I gave this band a listen last night for the first time in a long time and I couldn't help but thinking they were much more Stoner sounding then I remembered and much less Sludge. I realize what is on their myspace isn't a full representation, but they sounded much more Sabbathy than I had ever remembered. Regardless, very good nonetheless. I should really look into grabbing one of their albums.
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.01.2010 - 08:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nah, Acid Bath is 100% sludgecore. Sludge and stoner bands all worship Black Sabbath, so you can't really represent a genre based on that one band.
13.01.2010 - 16:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Yeah... I mean, the debut has lots of tracks that are sooo not stoner.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2017 - 02:22
TheAncienttOne

I'm trying to get into these guys. Does anyone have a suggestion for their best album? I love the melvins and queens of the stone age; I wonder- are these guys similar in any way to either of those two bands? Thanks, and cheers!
25.07.2017 - 02:25
TheAncienttOne

P.s. I have however heard my buddy play a song in the record store he runs...sounded pretty cool. I wanna say it was off the album that has the clown on the cover because I asked who this was and he directed me to this album.
25.07.2017 - 03:45
VIG
Account deleted
Written by TheAncienttOne on 25.07.2017 at 02:22

Does anyone have a suggestion for their best album? I love the melvins and queens of the stone age; I wonder- are these guys similar in any way to either of those two bands?

When The Kite String Pops! They aren't similar to Melvins or QOTSA.