Devolved - Oblivion
Gorod - Transcendence [EP]
Neuraxis - Asylon
Pestilence - Doctrine

Total votes: 24
13.08.2011 - 14:53
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I'm curious about what people think is the best tech death this year, although few probably great albums are still coming out in the following months (like Illogicist). You probably don't know some of the bands or not really into, you should check them out until a few songs, everything can be found on Youtube. You know the deal.

I go with Beyond Creation's debut. Seems to be less known but delivers the highest canadian quality for me, even beating Obscura's big hit, Omnivium. Here's a song if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzSZWftu8U
----
13.08.2011 - 14:58
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Haven't listened to any of these, sorry. The only album I heard from 2011 is Nervecell's Psychogenocide. Great death metal. Not technical though.
13.08.2011 - 15:20
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Dude check a few out.

Btw good news for Illogicist fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jga8JxK2HfI
Nothing to complain about.
----
13.08.2011 - 15:55
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by qlacs on 13.08.2011 at 15:20

Dude check a few out.

Will do, Quaker.
13.08.2011 - 17:06
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 13.08.2011 at 15:55

Dude check a few out.

Will do, Quaker.

Hmm, that spreads fast Thanks to Mechanist
----
13.08.2011 - 17:07
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by qlacs on 13.08.2011 at 17:06

Written by Guest on 13.08.2011 at 15:55

Dude check a few out.

Will do, Quaker.

Hmm, that spreads fast Thanks to Mechanist

What spreads fast?
13.08.2011 - 17:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 13.08.2011 at 17:07
What spreads fast?

A lot of STDs, but in this case I think he's talking about his alias (Quaker).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2011 - 17:17
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2011 at 17:11

What spreads fast?

If it means his Alias, the Mechanist didn't do anything. I got it from his title!
13.08.2011 - 18:59
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 13.08.2011 at 17:17

What spreads fast?

If it means his Alias, the Mechanist didn't do anything. I got it from his title!

He gave it to me
----
13.08.2011 - 19:02
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by qlacs on 13.08.2011 at 18:59

Written by Guest on 13.08.2011 at 17:17

What spreads fast?

He gave it to me

When I'll get 100 community points, I'll make sure I'll ask Mech for some help.
14.08.2011 - 23:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
So I feel you've missed a couple, imo, very important tech death releases qlacs. Archspire's All Shall Align and Origin's Entity being, imo, the best 2 tech death releases this year. Personally I would not have included Gorod's EP as it's only got 1 new song on it, it was good but still not something that contends with anything else on that list or my 2 faves that you are either unaware of or forgot about. And Revocation's Chaos of Forms is not even out yet. For that list I would have to vote Obscura (but I didn't vote because as I already stated my 2 faves of the year are not on the list) to be the best of what I've heard but admittedly I have not heard of Aeon of Horus, Beyond Creation or Devolved and I have yet to listen to Pestilence's new album. Revocation isn't out and I haven't found it leaked yet but it's Revocation so it's sure to be awesome but still not sure it will top Archspire or Origin for me. And Decapitated was very meh for me, imo listening to Carnival Is Forever was like playing Duke Nukem Forever (interestingly they are both Forever), they were both very nostalgic releases and because I'm a fan of the older releases I enjoyed the nostalgic pleasures of both Forevers but neither presented anything new or interesting to make me really want to spin the discs more than once or twice every so often; neither was really a big disappointment because I wasn't expecting a whole lot of them due to the circumstances surrounding their delayed creation and releases.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

14.08.2011 - 23:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why you guys cant wate till end of the year?
I ahve my opinium and list I wont tell till december, I hate best of 2011 so far in midle of year .... hate such polls and treads
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2011 - 21:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Bad English on 14.08.2011 at 23:53

Why you guys cant wate till end of the year?
I ahve my opinium and list I wont tell till december, I hate best of 2011 so far in midle of year .... hate such polls and treads

This just an "in progress" thread as I've mentioned above, it's good to have these because we may miss some releases at the end of the year.

Written by psykometal on 14.08.2011 at 23:22

So I feel you've missed a couple, imo, very important tech death releases qlacs. Archspire's All Shall Align and Origin's Entity being, imo, the best 2 tech death releases this year. Personally I would not have included Gorod's EP as it's only got 1 new song on it, it was good but still not something that contends with anything else on that list or my 2 faves that you are either unaware of or forgot about. And Revocation's Chaos of Forms is not even out yet. For that list I would have to vote Obscura (but I didn't vote because as I already stated my 2 faves of the year are not on the list) to be the best of what I've heard but admittedly I have not heard of Aeon of Horus, Beyond Creation or Devolved and I have yet to listen to Pestilence's new album. Revocation isn't out and I haven't found it leaked yet but it's Revocation so it's sure to be awesome but still not sure it will top Archspire or Origin for me. And Decapitated was very meh for me, imo listening to Carnival Is Forever was like playing Duke Nukem Forever (interestingly they are both Forever), they were both very nostalgic releases and because I'm a fan of the older releases I enjoyed the nostalgic pleasures of both Forevers but neither presented anything new or interesting to make me really want to spin the discs more than once or twice every so often; neither was really a big disappointment because I wasn't expecting a whole lot of them due to the circumstances surrounding their delayed creation and releases.

Archspire's album couldn't hit me somehow, maybe for the next time, but you're right about Origin... There's a webstream somewhere of Revocation's (do some search in the news section) and it's out on some sharing sites.
----
16.08.2011 - 02:58
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Beyond Creation! Though the only other of these I've heard is Obscura's latest.
16.08.2011 - 03:25
JD
Account deleted
Written by R'Vannith on 16.08.2011 at 02:58

Beyond Creation!

My vote goes to Beyond Creation too, it's the best TDM so far IMO.
22.09.2011 - 05:50
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite

I have listened to all these and I do believe that even if you had listened to them all you would still have chosen Beyond Creation but you really should listen to everything in these polls before voting.
----

22.09.2011 - 09:55
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by psykometal on 22.09.2011 at 05:50

I have listened to all these and I do believe that even if you had listened to them all you would still have chosen Beyond Creation but you really should listen to everything in these polls before voting.

To be honest I'm certainly not very familiar with Tech Death. Neither am I that familiar with the Death genre in general, mostly just sampling different sub-genres at the moment. But yeah I did like Beyond Creation, not so much Obscura, so those others will most probably be worth a listen.
22.09.2011 - 16:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by R'Vannith on 22.09.2011 at 09:55

Written by psykometal on 22.09.2011 at 05:50

To be honest I'm certainly not very familiar with Tech Death. Neither am I that familiar with the Death genre in general, mostly just sampling different sub-genres at the moment. But yeah I did like Beyond Creation, not so much Obscura, so those others will most probably be worth a listen.

Ah ok. Kool. Well TDM is my favorite genre so anytime someone points me toward a TDM band I'm not familiar with I always check them out. Yea I had never actually heard of Beyond Creation when I saw this list but when I found out who the bassist was I had to get the album. I didn't even check it out online first, I just dl'd the album and started listening. Great band. If you are looking for some other good TDM look here and here.
----

23.09.2011 - 19:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new album by Gigan would be my favorite, but it's not on the list. What's Carnival of Souls? lol
26.09.2011 - 15:30
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Revo's latest - at least the 4 songs I've heard - is thrash, not death. Switch out the vocals for the guys from Forbidden, Heathen or Exodus, and it could fit perfectly. Overall it seems too trebley, those vocals aside, and the writing/structuring's very much akin to thrash from the last 5 years, or even 20-23 years (Met's Justice album seems a fine point of comparison).

Of the others on the list, I've only heard Obscura's, and one track each from Gorod and Neuraxis. Probably wouldn't vote for those... not expecting too much from Pestilence or Decapitated, but I'll look forward to hearing those other ones mentioned.

Unless if Origin haven't changed since '08... I thought most of Antithesis was a pile of junk. Annoying junk... ick.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays