Metal Storm logo
The Beatles

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 04:32
Anyone listens to the creators of rock or anything that has to do with it
i admit i dont own their complete discography but they composed so many great songs its sick
here are my favorites:
hey jude
all my loving
i wanna hold your hand
let it be
yesturday
come together
22.06.2011 - 14:25
Saeed_p
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.06.2011 at 14:18

Written by Saeed_p on 22.06.2011 at 13:33

i love them now due to their similarity and not to be so serious like the other proud bands such as Linkin Park right now!!!

The Beatles and Linkin Park being compared for similarities. Now I've seen it all.

i just meant that i hate the proud bands . nothing else
31.07.2011 - 13:21
TheBigRossowski
I'm going to the Beatles museum in Hamburg on Wednesday, right before Wacken. Should be pretty fuckin' interesting, man.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.09.2011 - 05:15
Evil Chip
The most overrated band ever. They are a really good band, but the best band ever, the creators of the rock genre? Talking about the albums my favourite is Magical Mystery tour.
05.11.2011 - 03:47
second_coming89
Account deleted
I love them! One of my favourites and their message was very positive and powerful as well!

Their Indian/Sitar songs are nice, "Within You Without You" is an excellent song to get high to
01.01.2012 - 00:25
gav1230
This douchebag on youtube was trying to say that they were a crappy boy band. I tried to explain to him that they inspired many early metal bands but he wouldn't listen. He was also one of those people that hate anything not metal.
01.01.2012 - 01:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't hate anything non-metal, but I never understood what people think is so good about them. I see all these 9gag posts and whatnot about our current music system being so faulty because back in the day they had THE BEATLES. So I listen to a few songs and it's like... really? This is what all the fuss is about?

I mean sure, I wasn't there fore Beatlemania and the invasion of the US and stuff, but ignoring the significance they played in developing pop and rock, their music just doesn't seem outstanding. I suppose it's how I feel about the likes of Metallica. I wasn't there when they dropped MoP and the world of metal was apparently stricken to its core, but for all the praise they get for that album, the music is... pretty good. It didn't exactly shake my foundation.

And that's probably why these guys are held in such high regard. Because of their cultural impact and their historical influence.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.01.2012 - 13:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.01.2012 at 01:04

I suppose it's how I feel about the likes of Metallica. I wasn't there when they dropped MoP and the world of metal was apparently stricken to its core,

Actually the world wasn't stricken to the core when MoP was dropped, the world was stricken to the core when Kill 'em All and to a lesser extent when Ride The Lightning were dropped. Remember MoP is a predictablle continuation of RtL with the same set-up and types of songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.01.2012 - 20:10
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by TheBigRossowski on 31.07.2011 at 13:21

I'm going to the Beatles museum in Hamburg on Wednesday, right before Wacken. Should be pretty fuckin' interesting, man.

Great!! You should post some pictures, man I wish I could go too
For me there's no greater band, they are the best.
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.01.2012 - 22:26
TheBigRossowski
Written by nana.MD on 04.01.2012 at 20:10

Ugh, I'll see if I have some. I remember taking a few photos, just can't recall if I ever did anything with them or not...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
06.01.2012 - 04:12
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by TheBigRossowski on 05.01.2012 at 22:26

Written by nana.MD on 04.01.2012 at 20:10

Ugh, I'll see if I have some. I remember taking a few photos, just can't recall if I ever did anything with them or not...

Great, let me know!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.01.2012 - 14:59
Pennywise
Account deleted
They are objective seen pretty average musicians, their early albums are nothing special. But that is part of their succes, people love catchy average music, it known as pop music. But at the Late 60s their muisc got better. They are without a doubt the greatest pop group ever, but not the best rock band. But they helped to create the genre rock music.
07.09.2012 - 23:22
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Evil Chip on 28.09.2011 at 05:15

The most overrated band ever. They are a really good band, but the best band ever, the creators of the rock genre?

Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.01.2012 at 01:04

I don't hate anything non-metal, but I never understood what people think is so good about them. I see all these 9gag posts and whatnot about our current music system being so faulty because back in the day they had THE BEATLES. So I listen to a few songs and it's like... really? This is what all the fuss is about?

And that's probably why these guys are held in such high regard. Because of their cultural impact and their historical influence.

I agree with this. They were great, they were awesome, they were popular. Their music influenced so many things in those days. Never before and never after has a band been so successfully and virulently popular.

But still, some people act as if it's the only true music in the world, as if they are above anything and everything. I think in some ways they were popular because they were both extremely catchy and easier to digest than some other forms of music.

A great band, but overrated.
----
01.12.2012 - 15:39
megadeath13
Account deleted
A legendary band but far too overrated.
05.12.2012 - 05:08
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
A great band. Not overrated at all.
01.01.2013 - 00:58
FourMechALYX
Account deleted
The Beatles are really great. I don't listen to them very often at all, but when I do I enjoy it very much. I think that anyone who likes rock or metal should respect them if not like them because of their huge influence on the genres. I have this one metal loving friend who hates them, but even he recognizes their importance and talent. Heck, even my pop music listening younger sister likes them!
16.04.2014 - 12:41
wormdrink414
Elite
Abbey Road is brilliant. Was one of the first albums I ever really listened to, still love it. Dunno how much of it is nostalgia at this point, but I Want You and Oh Darling are perfect.
20.01.2016 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band what I did hate as child, because old ppl, parents an such ppl always THE BEATLES, they idolized it as today all do lemmy, I grow up, listen it and actually its good music, old albums up to time when John married bitch whitch is reason why I hate him (woman ads wives and GF tells a lot about man, ) that principle, I never liked his solo, he get gready as Ozzy , Axl-Slash ... other dudes were betterm but we cant delete this bands legacy into music, even metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.01.2016 - 23:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ The same reason I don't like them, I guess. My dad has like... ALL their albums. Needless to say I grew up listening and relistening to their stuff involuntarily.

They put up some good music, but are far too overpraised. It's just one more case of guys who played the right thing at the right time. Had they been born 10 years later they wouldn't have made it big.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.01.2016 - 08:16
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2016 at 23:13

They put up some good music, but are far too overpraised. It's just one more case of guys who played the right thing at the right time. Had they been born 10 years later they wouldn't have made it big.

Is playing the right thing at the right time something bad? I don't think so.
They rejuvenated rock'n'roll with their early albums, and starting with Rubber Soul in 1965, they started to experiment and it often worked. What George Martin was doing with them in the studio, starting with Revolver (1966) was groundbreaking and other bands paid attention. Even Robert Fripp was amazed with some of that stuff. So the Beatles need to be understood (I can't think of a better word) in the context of their time (same Bob Dylan or Hendrix for instance).
22.01.2016 - 15:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2016 at 23:13

^ The same reason I don't like them, I guess. My dad has like... ALL their albums. Needless to say I grew up listening and relistening to their stuff involuntarily.

this is why we all hate them they were 1th music generation
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing