Metal Storm logo
Muse

Original post

Posted by AnGina--, 19.11.2006 - 14:33
I'm not gonna start this topic with ''Muse begain in bla bla....'' but with enthusiasm as their latest album definately deserves my #1 of year 2006 in rock scene.

I was never a fan, listened to them occasionaly, but since Black Holes and Revelations they became one of my favourite bands and they helped me re-gain my love for rock as I used to have.

The reason why I find them so outstanding stays unknown probably even to me, but their mixture of melodic rock with modern electronic sounds and a die-for vocals (yepp, I absolutey adore them) is just mesmerizing. I also really love their lyrics, halfway cryptic, halfway neo-romantic, anyway, perfect.

So, if you have any thoughts, you're more than welcome to share them
02.09.2009 - 21:39
Elio
Red Nightmare
@Marcel: lol no way, thank God I have never heard the last band you mentioned.

@Iranian bro: you love Idioteque too?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.09.2009 - 19:56
Baz Anderson
Staff
So Muse have a new album and no one has commented about it!

It sounds more like "Origin..." in parts, which is always good. I've only listened to it properly once but I think it is an album that I could learn to like a lot.
I didn't even bother with their last album (the one with "Supermassive Black Hole" on it) after hearing a couple of songs. This album seems so much better.
17.09.2009 - 20:52
Sunioj
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.09.2009 at 19:56

So Muse have a new album and no one has commented about it!

It sounds more like "Origin..." in parts, which is always good. I've only listened to it properly once but I think it is an album that I could learn to like a lot.
I didn't even bother with their last album (the one with "Supermassive Black Hole" on it) after hearing a couple of songs. This album seems so much better.

I heard it a couple times, and I think its definitely a really solid piece of work. I already have my favorites songs down in my head, and I do like this better than their last album. Its not as fast, or as heavy, but it definitely makes up with its very intriguing songwriting.
17.09.2009 - 21:23
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I have listened to the new album and enjoyed it a lot, a surprisingly good album, I also think it's better than their previous work Black Holes and Revelation.
17.09.2009 - 21:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
I haven't still listened to it, but if it sounds like the first two albums, could be very interesting.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.09.2009 - 06:37
Sunioj
Yeah, I still need to check into their pre-absolution work.
23.09.2009 - 21:37
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, I'm hooked on The Resistance as well. I liked Black Holes And Revelations a lot, but I find The Resistance way better and as mentioned, it surely reminds on Origin from time to time. Gotta give it some more listens, but Muse surely made it again!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
25.09.2009 - 13:22
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ugh I don't find The Resistance that good unfortunately. It has its moments but as an overall impression I'm a bit disappoint. Also, did they try to sound deep with that Chopin's Nocturne?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.09.2009 - 13:30
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've listened to it quite a lot now and I really do like it. It is probably my favourite album just behind "Origin...".
25.09.2009 - 13:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
What about Showbiz?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.09.2009 - 14:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elio on 25.09.2009 at 13:32

What about Showbiz?

Yeah.. what Elio said, what about Showbiz?!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.09.2009 - 14:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 14:18

What about Showbiz?

I was referring to Baz btw
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.09.2009 - 19:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elio on 25.09.2009 at 14:38

Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.09.2009 at 14:18

What about Showbiz?

I was referring to Baz btw

... I know...
I just quoted you and said something like "Yeah, I agree with Elio, what about showbiz?"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2009 - 16:48
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Hmmm... Am I the only one who thinks the vocal passage in United States of Eurasia sounds very Queen-ish?

And currently I'm hooked on Undisclosed Desires sooooooo much... I think it has become my fave Muse ballad...
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
26.09.2009 - 23:57
SimPel
Account deleted
I could appreciate the whole album with exception of Undisclosed Desires.
It sounds not alternative at all. Allmost Backstreet Boys.

Uprising, United States of Eurasia and Unnatural Selection are the better songs of the album.
27.09.2009 - 14:26
Baz Anderson
Staff
Hahaha, I never really got into "Showbiz" so much at all. I probably could do, but it has never made me want to listen to it.

I actually quite like "Undisclosed Desires" a lot. It is different and quite refreshing really.
And yes, they are quite Queen at times.
15.10.2009 - 02:44
Jonnz of Steel
I've heard a couple of songs from the new album. I wasn't very impressed. I'll be getting the album anyway, it's my duty as a Muse fan I just hope the rest of the songs are better than Uprising and USoE.
26.10.2009 - 21:32
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
The new album's fantastic, sounds very self-indulgent and Queen-ish in parts but in my mind it's the strongest release they've had. I loved their debut when it came out, but after that sort of lost interest in their stuff, the new one though has rekindled my love of the band.
----
This is an outrage...
28.10.2009 - 05:34
jollygreen
Muse is beastly but Absolution is just one of those album where you can listen to the entire thing and not be tempted to switch to the next song. Black Holes and Revelations though can't say the same. AND NO ONE CAN SOUND QUEENISH FREDDIE IS DEAD!! and no one can ever be on par with him
31.10.2009 - 18:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Do you even know what queenish means? I don't think so.

And yea, Resistance is great, it grows on me with each listening more.
----
18.12.2009 - 21:50
VPeter
Awful band inspired by one of the worst bands ever, Radiohead. OK computer is one of the worst albums ever to, even worse than St.Anger. but back to Muse, there is actually one song that I find passable "singing for absolution".
19.12.2009 - 14:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by VPeter on 18.12.2009 at 21:50
Awful band inspired by one of the worst bands ever, Radiohead. OK computer is one of the worst albums ever to, even worse than St.Anger. but back to Muse, there is actually one song that I find passable "singing for absolution".
It's Sing for Absolution, but as I've already said I don't care much for most of that album. Have you heard both Citizen Erased and Space Dementia, from Origin of Symmetry? I think just about every song on there is really great; I was very happy to finally pick it up with the bonus track. I did also get Showbiz and liked it but not as much as OoS, and haven't really given it a good number of listens... maybe I should again soon. Still haven't watched the Absolution DVD or heard the full-lengths after it, though I might soon buy Black Holes or the recent live album.

Recently saw a vid on TV for Knights of Cydonia live, seemingly almost instrumental, and thought it was pretty damn good.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
19.12.2009 - 18:10
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Syk on 19.12.2009 at 14:43

It's Sing for Absolution, but as I've already said I don't care much for most of that album. Have you heard both Citizen Erased and Space Dementia, from Origin of Symmetry? I think just about every song on there is really great; I was very happy to finally pick it up with the bonus track. I did also get Showbiz and liked it but not as much as OoS, and haven't really given it a good number of listens... maybe I should again soon. Still haven't watched the Absolution DVD or heard the full-lengths after it, though I might soon buy Black Holes or the recent live album.

Recently saw a vid on TV for Knights of Cydonia live, seemingly almost instrumental, and thought it was pretty damn good.

I agree that Space Dementia is one hell of a song (my favourite of theirs) and, as I have already said, the first two albums are good, but, really, don't bother buying the two releases after Absolution.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.01.2010 - 02:26
Inlé
OK computer is one of the worst albums ever to, even worse than St.Anger..

i lol'd. Failure.

I think "The Resistance" is certainly the best since "Origin of Symmetry", I was very happy upon first listen and, if anything, it's gone up in my estimations. They did the poppy stuff far, far better this time around. The cheese and over-the-top aesthetic of some of the songs seems to have been truly embraced by the band and one doesn't get that niggling feeling that the band might be taking said passages seriously anymore.

Hype aside, the last three tracks are brilliant too. It's a stretch to call it classical or neoclassical. More, slow-Muse-with-a-real-orchestra, but it's a great closer to a solid album.

I don't get the unbridled love of "Absolution". Hit-and-miss. Falling Away With You, Endlessly, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution... They'd be bad b-sides IMO. I guess it oes have Stockholm, Blackout and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist though...
06.02.2010 - 00:35
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Inlé on 16.01.2010 at 02:26

I don't get the unbridled love of "Absolution". Hit-and-miss. Falling Away With You, Endlessly, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution... They'd be bad b-sides IMO. I guess it oes have Stockholm, Blackout and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist though...

Time Is Running Out is my ultimately fave song by Muse and well... just can't let anyone say it'd be a bad b-side song. (Don't really care tho) Seriosuly, IMHO that song is pure Muse awesomeness from the first note to the last and definately the highlight of Absolution. Whilst Falling Away With You and Endlessly are fairly boring. Especially comparing to the awesome Time Is Running Out.
----
20.03.2010 - 01:16
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Well they just told me that they bought me a ticket for muse in april, i'm going to take care of my cousins lol...but the thing is i don't know much songs of this band, i've heard good stuff about them but i dunno where to start...any recommendations? which albums should i geT?
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.03.2010 - 05:22
whatsacow
I'm sorry, but to me muse just seems like a radiohead tribute band. If you can prov me wrong, please do, but thats just the impression i get when i listen to them.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
27.03.2010 - 06:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I like Threshold's cover of Supermassive Black Hole
15.04.2010 - 13:32
delusionist
Started listening to this band about a year ago. The first song I heard was Unintended and I thought it was really good, which is kinda weird considering I don't usually listen to this kind of music. a couple of days ago my girlfriend bought all the albums, and I gotta say this band is really good. I don't like any similar music, which I find odd, but this band is really something special.
26.04.2010 - 00:36
Kanto
Amazing live, Matt knows how to entertain the crowds. I started listening to them like in 2005 with all the BlackHoles thing, you know...Cydonia, Supermassive, Starlight...it was a good band, I liked how the instruments created the music. ...then, I downloaded the Reading Festival 2005. Result? Muse is my favorite band.
Written by nana.MD on 20.03.2010 at 01:16

Well they just told me that they bought me a ticket for muse in april, i'm going to take care of my cousins lol...but the thing is i don't know much songs of this band, i've heard good stuff about them but i dunno where to start...any recommendations? which albums should i geT?
Probably is a little bit too late to recommend. But I'd say start with Absolution or Origin of Symmetry: Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution and Butterflies & Hurricanes in the abso' side; Bliss, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased and Space Demmentia in Origin' part.

In the last album I didn't find those "Oh crap, this shit is soooo good!!!" tracks I usually found in the other albums, but the Exogenesis symphonies and Guiding Light are quite good. Still, Muse proved me one thing: If you want to hear the real sound....you have to search for the live version.
----
...Dude.