09. A Regular Dose Of Azure

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 42 users
26.08.2012 - 22:45
Rating: 9
Uldreth

Holy shit, this has to be one of the most insane and demented albums ever made by any band...
26.08.2012 - 22:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Uldreth on 26.08.2012 at 22:45

Holy shit, this has to be one of the most insane and demented albums ever made by any band...

Aye, they are indeed a very mental band. They have changed their sound quite a bit though, nowdays they play some highly technical deathcore but fortunarely for us they kept the insanity intact. One of my current favorite bands that's for sure.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.08.2012 - 23:24
Uldreth

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.08.2012 at 22:53

Written by Uldreth on 26.08.2012 at 22:45

Aye, they are indeed a very mental band. They have changed their sound quite a bit though, nowdays they play some highly technical deathcore but fortunarely for us they kept the insanity intact. One of my current favorite bands that's for sure.

Tbh, Cursed does sound a lot like this, it's more like, they always had deathcore in their sound, just mixed with mathcore and grindcore, and they went with a bit more straightforward deathcore approach on Minus and on Cursed they combined that with their old stuff

I have known ID from much before though, I think we also had a few convos about it in various threads, I just relistened this album again and it hit me right in the face like a chainsaw sporting little chainsaws across the blade.

The Bud Dwyer effect has one of the coolest breakdowns I have ever heard, though I think it is a lot similiar to the one in 43% Burnt by DEP.
26.08.2012 - 23:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Uldreth on 26.08.2012 at 23:24
Tbh, Cursed does sound a lot like this, it's more like, they always had deathcore in their sound, just mixed with mathcore and grindcore

I keep saying that to people who complain about their current state but for some reason I always get the "NO they weren't deathcore" when it comes to their first stuff.

It has been a while since I listened to this album so I remember very little. The ones I'm most familiar with are the latest two since those are the ones that I own and I remember a bit of Solace. Definitely a band that hasn't dissapointed me at all so far with such killer songwriting and they really know how to use the breakdown tastefully in order to increase the brutality. I'm still addicted to the breakdown of The Surge from "Minus The Herd".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.08.2012 - 01:08
Uldreth

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.08.2012 at 23:43

I keep saying that to people who complain about their current state but for some reason I always get the "NO they weren't deathcore" when it comes to their first stuff.

It has been a while since I listened to this album so I remember very little. The ones I'm most familiar with are the latest two since those are the ones that I own and I remember a bit of Solace. Definitely a band that hasn't dissapointed me at all so far with such killer songwriting and they really know how to use the breakdown tastefully in order to increase the brutality. I'm still addicted to the breakdown of The Surge from "Minus The Herd".

Well, I'd say it's like, check a metalcore band, then a (good) deathcore band, note the differences in approach. Now "apply" the same difference to a mathcore band and you get ID. At least that is how I see it.

And yeah, ID breakdowns are truly devastating, if we are talking about new stuff then the one in "This Is The Last Time I Repeat Myself" is a fucking beast.
I tried to grab a couple of their albums a while ago but it is nigh impossible in my area without ordering online. The local Media Markt had Minus The Herd in the registry but could not make an order, I guess due to a label shift, so I don't legally own any of their stuff sadly.

Btw, if I rememebr well, the band made some references on their facebook page a while ago so we can probably expect a new album coming soon \o/

Hits total: 4287 | This month: 23