Metal Storm logo
Pathfinder - Looking For New Vocalist

Pathfinder is looking for a new singer, as former vocalist Simon Kostro just left the band due to "loss of communication with the band and fatigue."

From the band's official Facebook page: "Simon Kostro left the band... Soon we give more details. We have to cancel many shows, festivals and tour, but all shows announced on our official website we will performe with Lukasz Frankowski as a replacement singer. Some of you know him as Pathfinder's sound man. Brno in Czech Rep. (30.03.2013) will be the first show on Pathfinder way where Simon does not sing. Soon we announce the casting for new vocalist. Of course if you have any friends with good voice or know any good singers feel free to send us the link with his voice on: management@pathfinderband.com."

Later on the band explained: "Simon Kostro left the band. This is his own decision to quit this chapter of his career. The reason: loss of communication with the band and fatigue in the quest to be perfect. As he said he don't know exactly what he wants to do now, but his journey with Pathfinder is definitly finished."

Karol: "I can't say I'm disappointed as I predicted this day to come. Thanks Simon for all those years we rocked together and I hope you will not waste your talent by getting involved in some shitty project instead of conquering the world as one of the best metal voices ever you are considered by many to be."

Kacper: "Simon left the band suddenly and unexpectedly. We will miss him as a singer and friend. We wish him luck in the future career."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pathfinder
Posted: 26.03.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 53 users
26.03.2013 - 15:49
Zap
Good. I didn't like the vocals at all, maybe I'll like the band better now. Somehow I doubt that though.
26.03.2013 - 19:04
feather_light
Sad news indeed. He had a certain characteristic sound in his voice that made you either love him or hate him, and I really loved his performance.

Oh well, there's always that Privateer album and the two Pathfinder albums, where Simon was at his peak.
----
26.03.2013 - 19:30
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I really liked his vocals on the first album, they were cheesy but also epicly awesome! But he did suck on the 2nd album so maybe the "fatigue" refers to that...
Written by Irritable Ted on 26.03.2013 at 13:55

Real shame. First album was a breath of fresh air for power metal. Second album not so hot.

Yeah the first was a masterpiece of cheesy power. The second was just a fuckn mess from writing to performance and mixing. But I still have hope for a third album so I hope they dont disband or get delayed to long!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.10.2013 - 12:09
The Norseman
I hope I'm wrong but I have saw this "movie" in the past with Lost Horizon. Don't follow their fate.

Hits total: 4213 | This month: 6