Metal Storm logo
Chthonic - Schedule Acoustic Performances At Historic Buildings

Chthonic are not afraid of trying out epic things. The band has now confirmed an unplugged tour in their home country of Taiwan. Beginning in the latter half of October, Chthonic will have its first-ever acoustic concert tour at century-old Bú-tik palaces in Taoyuan, Taichung, and Tainan in line with the theme of the new album Bú-Tik. Below you can listen to a short clip of an acoustic version of the song "Set Fire To The Island".

The band members have visited Bú-tik palaces around Taiwan as they were preparing for the new album, and it was during the visits that Chthonic first had the idea of having acoustic performances at these historic buildings.

"We wanted to perform in Bú-tik palaces so badly, but we were worried that we may damage the historic buildings," Doris said. "So we came up with the idea to specially design acoustic concerts for the historic buildings."

"This is the hardest tour at all, we don't just rearrange the songs, we also have to rearrange our personalities," said lead vocalist Freddy. "We normally just can't stay still, but this is a good chance for us to find our interior calmness," Dani, the drummer, said.

Chthonic invited the band Chocolate Tiger, led by their good friend Enno Cheng, as the opening guest, while also inviting popular folk singers as special guests for each of the concerts. Two of the guests will be Lin Sheng-xiang and Panai, while Chthonic decided to keep the name of the third guest a surprise for their fans.

To make sure that the historic buildings will remain intact, Chthonic will sell combo tickets for the concert, which will include a pair of Bú-tik socks and a bamboo seat cushion, so that fans may take off their shoes and put on the socks at the entrance, and sit comfortably on the cushion.

Dates:

October 25th - Bú-Tik Palace - Taichung, Taiwan
October 27th - Bú-Tik Palace - Dashi Taoyuan, Taiwan
November 2nd - Bú-Tik Palace - Xinhua Tainan, Taiwan

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Chthonic
Posted: 04.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 29 users
04.10.2013 - 14:25
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Socks and cushions with tickets? And people say there's no originality in black metal anymore.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
04.10.2013 - 18:56
chronic-headache

I wish I was in Taiwan and not Iowa right now
that's going to be one hell of an intersting show
re-do bm songs into acoustic pieces? Broknagar tried it with Oceans Rise, but that's about all I know of.
04.10.2013 - 19:47
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
OMG this is awesome! ..

Hits total: 1929 | This month: 3