Metal Storm logo
Necrophobic - To Continue Without Vocalist Tobias Sidegård

It was predictable for some after what happened with Necrophobic's frontman Tobias Sidegård who got a six-month prison sentence for abuse but the Swedish death metal band and their label Season Of Mist have now posted a statement announcing that the band will proceed without Tobias and search for a new vocalist.

Statement from the band: "Tobias is no longer a member of Necrophobic. The verdict following his trial regrettably left us, the band, with no other choice. As stated before, Necrophobic do not accept or tolerate domestic violence in any way. We will now search for a replacement. Tobias will make a statement of his own within the next couple of days, which he will publish on his Facebook page."

This whole ordeal happened at a time the band has a new album, Womb Of Lilithu, set for release this month.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Necrophobic
Posted: 14.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 59 users
14.10.2013 - 20:33
Gothmog_Motsham
With, or without Tobias , Necrophobic is one of the best bands out there, I fully support them and already ordered the new album
14.10.2013 - 21:06
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Respect to these guys for not putting up with such pathetic behavior.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
14.10.2013 - 21:50
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Respect for these guys.
----
The Fangirl.
17.11.2013 - 03:15
Lost all my respect. total pussies. will not support them in the future, a shame because i own their entire discography.
17.11.2013 - 08:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by caligulasremains on 17.11.2013 at 03:15
Lost all my respect. total pussies.

Why would you lose respect for the rest of the band? They're standing up against domestic abuse. If anyone's a pussy in all of this, it's Sidegård.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 4091 | This month: 8