Metal Storm logo
Slough Feg - New Song Streaming Online

Slough Feg have just revealed basically everything about their new album that will follow The Animal Spirits. It is called Digital Resistance and you get to hear its title track today. The album is set for release in North America on February 18th, 2014 and will see Slough Feg on the road with a few West Coast shows scheduled in March. The band is hoping to do a short tour of Europe in May/June. Enjoy the new song. You know you want to.

When asked if the new album was a concept album, vocalist Mike Scalzi explained that Digital Resistance is a concept album in the sense that The Beatles Sgt. Pepper is a concept album: "It has somewhat of a consistent lyrical theme that runs through several of the songs, but not every song? it is not a concept album in the sense that our Traveller album is."

Tracklist:

01. Analogue Avengers / Bertrand Russell's Sex Den
02. Digital Resistance
03. Habeas Corpsus
04. Magic Hooligan
05. Ghastly Appendage
06. Laser Enforcer
07. The Price Is Nice
08. Curriculum Vitae
09. The Luddite
10. Warriors Dusk

Scalzi discusses the cover art: "The artwork for this album was, as usual, a bit of a struggle. I had no idea how to represent an album called Digital Resistance. We finally decided that we wanted the background of KISS' Destroyer album (a city in ruins), but instead of a rendering of our band in the forefront, I wanted the space-dog (Vargr) from Traveller. But we'd already used him, so I thought about wolves. I thought maybe a symbol (involving a wolf) representing the birth of a civilization might be appropriate. And that's what we did ? we put Romulus and Remus, the two mythological children who founded Rome, and were raised by a wolf, in front of this destroyed civilization. What does it have to do with Digital Resistance? Modern primitivism? An atavistic civilization? Nothing whatsoever? Well, I suppose only time will tell."

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Posted: 08.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 26 users
09.01.2014 - 06:13
Arcticus
Ah, the twisted genius of Scalzi. Been looking forward to this for a looooong time!
09.01.2014 - 14:28
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
I don't know how they do it but their riffs are always so clearly distinct and fresh for the heavy metal genre. My anticipation escalates.
10.01.2014 - 03:33
Crème fraiche
I need more Slough Feg in my life
12.01.2014 - 08:05
crucifiedjesus
This just made my day

Hits total: 2361 | This month: 8