05. A Cabin In The Sky
06. Heart Machine
07. Beaks Of Benevola
08. Twilight Cinema

Staff review by
Ivor
Rating:
N/A
As curious as it is, one of my favourite albums this year was released quite early at the beginning of the year. This stellar album blew me away when I first heard it and it has continued to amaze me throughout the year. I might even say, Twilight Cinema has already stood the test of time. It has definitely survived the initial round of childish excitement. Most importantly, however, each time I listen to it I'm still awed by the detailed theatrical expressiveness and beauty of this album.

Read more ››
published 16.12.2014 | Comments (5)

I know you have your plate full with Awards but, come on, this is just so much genuine, pure fun you're about to miss out on. It's not exactly avantgarde but it's playful and theatrical, it's sombre and poetic, it feels like watching a play. Basically it's what happens when prog goes cabaret in the head and feels just plain good about it.

If you fear to take on the whole album over at Bandcamp, just listen to the awesome "The Wheelbarrow."

Ivor's picks | More picks ››

Found in 23 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 336 users
03.02.2015 - 15:14
Ivor
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.02.2015 at 14:59

Holy fuck I got a Dido vibe the moment I heard those vocals. That's instant winning quality right there. The bass, beats and the dude's vocals are great as well. Will check the entire shit later today.

You have been living under a rock, haven't you?

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
03.02.2015 - 15:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ivor on 03.02.2015 at 15:14

Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.02.2015 at 14:59

Holy fuck I got a Dido vibe the moment I heard those vocals. That's instant winning quality right there. The bass, beats and the dude's vocals are great as well. Will check the entire shit later today.

You have been living under a rock, haven't you?

I.

I also totally forgot that Fluxious released a new album. And for some reason their debut isn't in my computer anymore. Fuck.
Try to live more than half a year without internet and doing a 3-month intership at the hospital and see how prepared you are with your metal updates.
I only covered the genres I usually listen to.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.02.2015 - 04:42
Maco
Pvt Funderground
4 times listening to this made me realize this isn't so amazing as I thought in the beginning.

It's still a nice piece of progressive music anyway.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.02.2015 - 11:11
Rating: 9
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is why I love the MS Awards. I always try to listen to as many of the nominations as I can. It's often good or really good stuff, sometimes complete crap. But now and then something like Twilight Cinema comes along. Without a doubt one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. I was on the train while listening to this for the first time and sat the whole ride with a smile on my face and thought "what the hell is this?". This could actually be a future 10 for me.
----

Hits total: 8345 | This month: 26