02. Ojota Y Media
03. Mee Chango
04. Mia Gato Está Solo En La Oscuridad
05. Guri Guri Tres Piñas

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
N/A
I was almost starting to get disappointed in the fact that there hadn't really been any particularly bizarre releases thus far this year to satisfy my inner experimental whore. Thankfully, Random's sophomore album has proven me wrong. Dead wrong.

Read more ››
published 19.03.2014 | Comments (29)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 18   Visited by: 154 users
03.03.2014 - 03:18
Rating: 9
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They've really surpassed their debut. Out-of-the-box songwriting and excellent musicianship, checking out the drummer is practically a must.
18.03.2014 - 23:32
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Fuck, this is some seriously good shit. And here I was thinking there haven't been any great Avantgarde releases yet this year
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.03.2014 - 05:07
Diverge

Unbelievable.
23.05.2014 - 17:16
Rating: 8
raveneffect

This is a solid album, reminds me a lot of Tool in some weird way. Good surprise overall
14.07.2014 - 01:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Damn, I somehow forgot this existed. I thought this was a distant 2013 release. I remember liking it a lot. Need to recap.
14.07.2014 - 06:05
Diverge

Written by Guest on 14.07.2014 at 01:59

Damn, I somehow forgot this existed. I thought this was a distant 2013 release. I remember liking it a lot. Need to recap.

If you liked the debut, I'm almost certain you'll dig this one as well (In case you forgot about what this one sounded like).
14.07.2014 - 13:13
mz

I really love this one. Never before I had seen any progressive band employing musical textures and actually doing it very nicely.
This actually seems like a combination of tool an aluk todolo for me. No reason for not liking it.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.02.2015 - 03:40
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Very interesting and promising, but why couldn't they have split-up the tracks into more, shorter songs? I'll probably never listen to this again given the length of each song...
16.02.2015 - 07:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by LeKiwi on 16.02.2015 at 03:40

Very interesting and promising, but why couldn't they have split-up the tracks into more, shorter songs? I'll probably never listen to this again given the length of each song...

That's a shame. I personally don't give a damn about the song themselves as I always listen to albums in their entirety. Makes no sense to me to listen to just one track randomly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.02.2015 - 15:23
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.02.2015 at 07:07

That's a shame. I personally don't give a damn about the song themselves as I always listen to albums in their entirety. Makes no sense to me to listen to just one track randomly.

Unless I'm really in the mood for a particular album or haven't listened to one of my all-time favourites in a long time, then I just shuffle my entire library. I have far too many songs in that collection to listen to each album individually...I'd never finish
16.02.2015 - 15:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by LeKiwi on 16.02.2015 at 15:23

Unless I'm really in the mood for a particular album or haven't listened to one of my all-time favourites in a long time, then I just shuffle my entire library. I have far too many songs in that collection to listen to each album individually...I'd never finish

I guess we all have our troubles. I feel that unless an album is a compilation, then it's not a collection of songs and should therefore be both judged and listened as one solid piece.
This of course makes it difficult for me to check my own albums I purchase. I have at least 60 albums I bought which I haven't heard a single note. Hahahahaha.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.02.2015 - 15:46
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.02.2015 at 15:36

I guess we all have our troubles. I feel that unless an album is a compilation, then it's not a collection of songs and should therefore be both judged and listened as one solid piece.
This of course makes it difficult for me to check my own albums I purchase. I have at least 60 albums I bought which I haven't heard a single note. Hahahahaha.

I'd never judge an album based on couple of tracks unless it was pure genius or pure shit I love variety and I get the most enjoyment from shuffling my library, going from prog rock to brutal death to post-metal to grindcore to prog metal to thrash to the occasional pop shit that I still have

Oh dear... When I haven't heard an album in its entirety, I try and listen to it as a whole before to rate it and decide if I should delete any tracks. Then it just goes into the "shuffle" pile until a particular urge arises.
16.02.2015 - 15:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by LeKiwi on 16.02.2015 at 15:46

Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.02.2015 at 15:36

I'd never judge an album based on couple of tracks unless it was pure genius or pure shit I love variety and I get the most enjoyment from shuffling my library, going from prog rock to brutal death to post-metal to grindcore to prog metal to thrash to the occasional pop shit that I still have

Oh, I tend to change from time to time, obviously... My original comment came to be because I am a bit baffled that despite that you obviously liked the album, you wont listen to it again based on the song lengths only. I just find it contradictory. Not unlike soemthing like "This is the best cake I had in months, wont eat it ever again". I just failt to see the logic. If you actually liked something, be it cake or a song... You would save some time to listen/eat.

Now I'm hungry... My plan backfired.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.02.2015 - 15:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.02.2015 at 15:49

Oh, I tend to change from time to time, obviously... My original comment came to be because I am a bit baffled that despite that you obviously liked the album, you wont listen to it again based on the song lengths only. I just find it contradictory. Not unlike soemthing like "This is the best cake I had in months, wont eat it ever again". I just failt to see the logic.

I might listen to it again, but only on the rare chance that it pops up while I'm shuffling music at home, which at the moment is about 1 in 6491 <--- (the number of songs I rated as 5/5 for listening purposes.) I don't carry any songs longer than 15 minutes on my phone or music player, which is how I listen to most of my music, so...I'll probably never hear it again
17.02.2015 - 06:40
Diverge

Written by LeKiwi on 16.02.2015 at 15:56

I don't carry any songs longer than 15 minutes on my phone or music player, which is how I listen to most of my music, so...I'll probably never hear it again

^Spoken like a true prog fan.
28.02.2015 - 16:07
musclassia

Finally reached the avantgarde nominees. Liked this quite a bit, particularly tracks 3 & 5.
03.05.2016 - 12:04
Aqoa
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 16.02.2015 at 15:23

Hey bro you NEED to change that type of listening , you missing some huge atmosphere and emotion when you listen song by song . . . man I was like you but recently I understand how wrong is that type of listening metal and rock kind of music . . . its not bad to listen one song or two when you want to find are you going to listen whole album or not either by friend/MS user recomendetion or lastfm listening number but having a list filled with your favorite songs from random places just make no sense (man I know your feeling but thats not the proper way) tray to find ~1 hour free time in your day and listen to one album at it entirely, just test it and see if you like it or no.
31.10.2020 - 00:12
mz

Fuck I forgot about this gem.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.

Hits total: 4906 | This month: 17