Metal Storm logo
The Gates Of Slumber - Former Bassist Jason McCash Dies

Sad news come from the The Gates Of Slumber camp today. Their former bassist Jason McCash has died last night. The doom metallers called it quits last year after Jason McCash decided to leave the band. Karl Simon said that the band couldn't go on without him and disbanded the group.

Karl Simon posted this message on the band's Facebook page: "My best friend died last night. There will be no reunion - no more of TGoS. It's dead beyond dead, and I've lost a brother. Please be respectful or silent. It's a small world and I'm still alive. Remember that shit."

Rise Above Records also released this message: "Today we are beyond saddened to hear of the terrible loss of our dear friend Jason McCash. He was such a great guy and will be so sorely missed by many. Our deepest condolences go out to his family and close friends. RIP Jason."

Multiple tributes are being left on Jason McCash's Facebook page.

R.I.P.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Gates Of Slumber
Posted: 06.04.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 116 users
06.04.2014 - 19:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Another metal musician leaves the world this year. Too bad TGOS were truly great.
This is a small world indeed.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.04.2014 - 04:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
"It's a small world and I'm still alive. Remember that shit."

Not sure what he's implying here. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2014 - 04:46
Chobo_jokeR

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2014 at 04:00

Sounds like a threat to anyone who speaks ill of the dead.
07.04.2014 - 04:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Chobo_jokeR on 07.04.2014 at 04:46
Sounds like a threat to anyone who speaks ill of the dead.

I suppose. I mean whenever a musician dies at a young age most people jump to the simple conclusion of an overdose or something similar related to the lifestyle. He's probably trying to keep those comments from surfacing while others deal with the grief, but at the same time people are allowed to say what they want.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2014 - 05:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by deadone on 07.04.2014 at 04:54
I think criticisms of lifestyles are perfectly valid, especially when the outcome is serious health issues or even death.

Something something freedom of speech...

Not to take away from what happened. I didn't wanna turn this thread into anything other than respecting the guy's accomplishes while he was alive but just felt that quote seemed a bit weird.
----
07.04.2014 - 05:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by deadone on 07.04.2014 at 05:11
Just out of curiosity would the same standard be applied to say Lars Ulrich or Axl Rose?

I hate to think what would happen if that news came up here. All it would take is one person to say the wrong thing... and you know someone would. haha
----
07.04.2014 - 09:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Looks like he left quite a big family behind - a wife and three kids. They're asking for donations to help with funeral costs.

http://www.gofundme.com/mccash-family-fund
----
07.04.2014 - 23:10
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2014 at 04:00

Speak of the Devil, Karl just posted this message: "...Please understand, with regards to my post here from two nights back that I was in a bad place and had broken my sobriety - the "statement" had a definite dick head vibe that I don't want in my life anymore, it's not who I am or where I'm at. Please understand it came from a lot of hurt and booze. I'm sorry.

With regards to any future for TGoS, there can't be one now. And I'm very sad about this. I'd hoped we could iron out our differences and move on. Sadly that can't come to pass now."
08.04.2014 - 01:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 07.04.2014 at 23:10
Speak of the Devil, Karl just posted this message: "...Please understand, with regards to my post here from two nights back that I was in a bad place and had broken my sobriety - the "statement" had a definite dick head vibe that I don't want in my life anymore, it's not who I am or where I'm at. Please understand it came from a lot of hurt and booze. I'm sorry.

With regards to any future for TGoS, there can't be one now. And I'm very sad about this. I'd hoped we could iron out our differences and move on. Sadly that can't come to pass now."

Seems like a pretty heart-felt apology. Good on him for realizing it. It's not surprising alcohol was a factor - I'd probably get pissed too if a bandmate/friend passed away especially at a fairly young age.
----

Hits total: 4028 | This month: 15