Metal Storm logo
Christian Death - To Reissue Two Albums On Vinyl

Gothic and death rock pioneers Christian Death will have two of their trail-blazing early albums reissued on deluxe vinyl! To celebrate their 30th anniversary, milestones Catastrophe Ballet and Ashes will be released on black and limited edition coloured vinyl by Season Of Mist on January 19th (March 24th in North American shops).

All editions can already be pre-ordered from Season Of Mist's shop.

Founded in Los Angeles in 1979 by Rozz Williams, Christian Death emerged as a huge influence for the goth and death rock movement with their debut album Only Theatre Of Pain (1982) as well as the genre-defining Catastrophe Ballet (1984) and Ashes (1985). The latter marks the final appearance of the classic band lineup and features the final recordings of their founder Rozz Williams alongside current Christian Death main-man Valor Kand, vocalist/keyboardist Gitane Demone and drummer David Glass before Williams' untimely demise in 1998. Their latest record The American Inquisition was released in 2007 through Season Of Mist.

Tracklist:

• "Ashes"
  • "Ashes" Part 2
  • When I Was Bed
  • Lament (Over The Shadows)
  • Face
  • The Luxury Of Tears
  • Before The Rain (previously unreleased)
  • Of The Wound

Tracklist:

• Beneath His Widow
  • Awake At The Wall
  • Sleepwalk
  • The Drowning
  • The Blue Hour
  • As Evening Falls
  • Androgynous Noise Hand Permeates
  • Electra Descending
  • Cervix Couch
  • This Glass House
  • The Fleeing Somnambulist

Source: season-of-mist.com
    Band profile: Christian Death
  • Posted: 10.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 1   Visited by: 20 users
    10.01.2015 - 21:15
    Urs Blank

The band that introduced me to Gothic/Death Rock. Catastrophe Ballet is still a fave of mine, and I might order that vinyl reissue.

Thanks for the info Blood Tears

Hits total: 1873 | This month: 7