Metal Storm logo
The Gentle Storm - New Video Released

Today there is some more The Gentle Storm for you. Following the release of the track "Endless Sea" before, they have now launched the video for the track "Heart Of Amsterdam" which you can view below. So, here is another opportunity to hear more of the music that Arjen Anthony Lucassen created with Anneke Van Giersbergen. And also, you get to see Anneke with a wig and the band performing together. Enjoy the video!

Anneke had this to say: "Heart Of Amsterdam is a tribute to the city of Amsterdam, the home town of the story's leading character Susanne. Seventeenth-century Amsterdam was a centre of shipping, shipbuilding, and trade. Amsterdam flourished, and a wonderful city was the result. We shot the video in the centre of Amsterdam. It was freezing cold and I couldn't move my fingers anymore during the last shots, but it was all worth it. I love how the video turned out!"

The Diary, set for release on the 23rd of March 2015, is also now available to pre-order in several different formats including a limited 4CD artbook featuring instrumental versions of the entire album, a limited gatefold 3LP vinyl with 2CDs, and special edition 2CD digipak at this location.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: The Gentle Storm
Posted: 27.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 136 users
27.02.2015 - 20:34
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I like this song. Better than the previous one. Also, the video is kinda funny... Anneke sure has a great time.
27.02.2015 - 21:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 27.02.2015 at 20:34

I like this song. Better than the previous one. Also, the video is kinda funny... Anneke sure has a great time.

Yes, this video makes me laugh, Anneke is too funny lol As for the music, I preferred the other song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.02.2015 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Another reason why MH will hate this band more ... wrong city to tribute
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.02.2015 - 23:47
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Goddamn Anekke's voice is something special!

Song was ok, didn't do much for me, but her voice!..........
28.02.2015 - 01:17
Lokasenna
Written by Dark Cornatus on 27.02.2015 at 23:47

Goddamn Anekke's voice is something special!

Song was ok, didn't do much for me, but her voice!..........

The main part of the song was decent, but the folky bits at the beginning and toward the end were a bit much.

+1 to her voice, especially with Marcela (I think?) backing her up.
28.02.2015 - 02:09
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Surprisingly good, was expecting worse after the previous one.
28.02.2015 - 07:36
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Loved the song, this album is promising! Video is ridiculous, but fun.
28.02.2015 - 10:02
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Ironic, usually I enjoy the vocal melodies Arjen writes more than the music (which I realize puts me in the minority).
But with this song, it's the opposite. The chorus is decent I guess, but the music itself (especially the duel between the guitar and violin) is awesome.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
28.02.2015 - 11:15
Isserggie
Account deleted
I wasn't this interested in anything Anneke has done since Agua de Annique's "Air", back in 2007. Good project!
28.02.2015 - 13:39
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Anneke is amazing, as usual, but I don't like the music overall, not my kind i guess. A great singer is not enough I guess.
28.02.2015 - 14:13
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by BloodTears on 27.02.2015 at 21:47

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 27.02.2015 at 20:34

Yes, this video makes me laugh, Anneke is too funny lol As for the music, I preferred the other song.

The last song kinda left me wanting for more. It just did not build that climax I was expecting. Not the case with this one. More interesting, and the guitar-violin duet was just awesome. Dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'm a sucker for songs such as this one.

Hits total: 2451 | This month: 5