Metal Storm logo
Wayne Static - Death Caused By Mix Of Prescription Drugs & Alcohol

At the end of last year, shocking news came that 48-year-old Static-X frontman Wayne Static had passed away and at the time not many details were revealed about his death. Now, a few months later, it has been confirmed by the official coroner's report that he died as a result of mixing Xanax and other prescription drugs with alcohol. The coroner's report lists the official cause of death as "mixed prescription drug (oxycodone, hydromorphone, alprazolam) with alcohol toxicity" and the "manner of death" is stated as "natural."

The official report (provided by Blabbermouth) states: "On November 1, at approximately 0700 hours, [Wayne] and his wife went to bed. His wife stated that just prior to going to bed, he crushed one-half of a 30 mg oxycodone pill and consumed it. The oxycodone had been prescribed to his wife. He also drank an unknown amount of alcohol. His wife awoke at around 1530 hours. She found the decedent dead in the bed and called 911 at 1547 hours. Paramedics arrived and confirmed death at 1600 hours, noting rigor mortis and lividity. There was no evidence of foul play or any indication a struggle had taken place."

It continues: "[Wayne's] wife said he took oxycodone, Xanax (alprzolam) and alcohol to relieve panic attacks. He took Xanax on a daily basis and was compliant with the prescribed dosage. His wife stated he would occasionally have his own prescription for oxycodone, but he would usually take hers. The decedent also had a history of gynecomastia... His wife stated both she and the decedent had a history of cocaine and ecstasy abuse, but they stopped using illicit drugs in 2009.

"The decedent's mother stated he was a self-admitted alcoholic. She believed his drinking had been a problem for about two years. Both his wife and his mother stated that he was not suicidal."

Widow Tera Wray and a publicist had previously dismissed rumors that his death was drug related.

Source: billboard.com
Band profile: Static-X
Posted: 13.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 144 users
13.03.2015 - 12:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I wonder his wife was so dumb that she didn't know when you mix drugs with alcohol- you're welcoming death.
13.03.2015 - 13:31
s_t_s

Didn't even know the guy was dead... Have to confess I only have one album from that band. By the way the frontman wasn't aged 48 or you miscalculated it (from his profile, I can read he was born in 1975
13.03.2015 - 13:43
Rupert

I totally forgot about this! So he died "naturally" of man-made substances?

Written by s_t_s on 13.03.2015 at 13:31

By the way the frontman wasn't aged 48 or you miscalculated it (from his profile, I can read he was born in 1975

He was just about 49 (Nov. 4, 1965, according to wikipedia).
13.03.2015 - 14:48
Big-Al

----

I drink moosepiss
13.03.2015 - 14:49
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.03.2015 at 12:52

when you mix drugs with alcohol- you're welcoming death.

Depends on the drug
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.03.2015 - 15:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.03.2015 at 14:49

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.03.2015 at 12:52

when you mix drugs with alcohol- you're welcoming death.

Depends on the drug

Okay.

Well, my one of the friends from school lost his life when he try to mix up "alcohol + generic drugs" for "fun" and ended up falling flat right after 5 mins. Sad.
13.03.2015 - 15:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Quote:

...to relive panic attacks.

I really doubt he wanted to relive panic attacks, more likely he wanted to relieve them. Quite the typo to make in this context.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2015 - 16:55
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Rupert on 13.03.2015 at 13:43

I think it was established as no longer natural the moment drugs were hinted to be a factor.
14.03.2015 - 06:29
Diverge

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2015 at 15:48

Quote:

...to relive panic attacks.

I really doubt he wanted to relive panic attacks, more likely he wanted to relieve them. Quite the typo to make in this context.

Yep I laughed at that too.
14.03.2015 - 18:08
s_t_s

Written by Rupert on 13.03.2015 at 13:43

Written by s_t_s on 13.03.2015 at 13:31

By the way the frontman wasn't aged 48 or you miscalculated it (from his profile, I can read he was born in 1975

He was just about 49 (Nov. 4, 1965, according to wikipedia).

Right, checked that up on the web as well, so indeed his profile here at MS is wrong Btw for a guy aged 48 he looked pretty young ! Yet Machine is the only album I have from Static'X.
14.03.2015 - 19:38
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Not surprising...at all.
----
rekt
25.03.2015 - 03:01
Inauditus

Quote:
"[Wayne's] wife said he took oxycodone, Xanax (alprzolam) and alcohol to relieve panic attacks.

Sounds more like recreational drug use than self medication. Oxycodone is an opioid and it is used for managing moderate to moderately severe acute or chronic pain, It's highly addictive. Ironically anxiety is a known side effect of the drug.
28.10.2016 - 11:28
cobrapel
Concept One
I am actually listening some music of Static-X and i just found out his wife dead of an apparent suicide early this year.
A Romeo and Juliet case shifted to the present way..

Hits total: 3577 | This month: 13