Metal Storm logo
Abyssal - New Album Details, New Song Online

UK blackened death metal group Abyssal recently announced their brand new studio album. Titled Antikatastaseis, the record will be available on June 23rd via Profound Lore Records. For now, you can listen to the band's new single "I Am The Alpha And The Omega" below as a first taste. Moreover, you can take a look at the cover art that will grace the album as well as the tracklist.

The label comments: "With Antikatastaseis, Abyssal have taken things to a much more notable level of grandeur. With a more refined sound and production, Antikatastaseis takes the band's level of dark atmosphere, ambience, and abstract death metal technicality to a sonic plateau even more massive and monolithic. A bit different than the previous full-lengths, while not forsaking the sheer brutality and darkness, Antikatastaseis brings more clarity and melody to the Abyssal sound with the addition of even more experimental dark ambient noise-like segues, while heightening the sense of abstraction and technicality even more."

Tracklist:
01. I Am The Alpha And The Omega
02. The Cornucopian
03. Veil Of Transcendence
04. Telomeric Erosion
05. A Casual Landscape
06. Chrysalis
07. Delere Auctorem Rerum Ut Universum Infinitum Noscas

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Abyssal
Posted: 23.04.2015 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 54 users
23.04.2015 - 18:31
Paz
elite
*shit in my pants*
23.04.2015 - 18:44
mz
Cant say that I am disappointed, but I definitly hoped for something more. It seems that they've got more dynamic, but have easen up on the intensity and craziness of their previous record. The more melodic approach is not the best they could come up with as I hoped even denser, more abstract and more sophocating assult.
Ah and congs for being on PL now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
23.04.2015 - 18:47
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I like the cover.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
24.04.2015 - 04:28
Diverge
This sounds excellent to me. In fact, this track might be one of the better ones I've heard from Abyssal if I had to be perfectly honest.

My expectations are a little higher now.
24.04.2015 - 04:32
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Really impressive song. The actual writing has gained a level of complexity, which seems to have sacrificed a very small amount of the visceral nature from the previous two. Really good song regardless, and I'm hyped as fuck for the full thing

Hits total: 2534 | This month: 5