Metal Storm logo
Melechesh - Frontman Ashmedi Arrested For Assault

It seems like Melechesh's frontman Ashmedi got into some trouble recently and was involved in a bar fight. He was arrested for assault. Luckily for the black metallers' fans in Jerusalem, Israel, he will be able to play their show today despite being on house arrest. Ashmedi has now commented on the arrest charges.

Ashmedi has been granted permission to rehearse with the rest of the band who are flying to Israel for today's concert in Jerusalem which will mark Melechesh's first show there since the summer of 1998. Ashmedi has recently been arrested for assault in his hometown, Jerusalem. As rumours have spread over the past two weeks, the band have decided to speak out on the situation.

He explained: "While on vacation in Jerusalem, I was arrested for beating up somebody in a bar fight. After 3 days in jail and a 3000 dollar bail plus 18000 dollar contingent guarantee I was placed under house arrest for the last 7 weeks and will remain under house arrest until the court sets a date for a trial. Then the judge will decide what will happen next.

"I was having a nice night out at a friend's bar. After several verbal provocations and then verbal death threats to me I acted in what to me seemed self defense and finished it. Normally, people know me, I often stop fights and buy people drinks to calm them down - this time shit hit the fan...

"Well, it was a stupid bar fight, which is not my style really, yet things got out of hand and the vacation turned into a nightmare, 3 days jail and now I am still under house arrest for the last 7 weeks till a yet unknown court date, the fortunate news however is that I will be given permission to do the Melechesh concert in Jerusalem, so I can go out for a few hours to rehearse with my guys and the next day naturally perform with Melechesh."

Melechesh are currently supporting their latest album, Enki, released in early 2015.

Taken from the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Melechesh
Posted: 17.12.2015 by Bad English

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 202 users
29.12.2015 - 00:02
Diverge

Hahaha don't mess with BitterCOld. That was epic.
29.12.2015 - 00:53
mz

As much as I disagreed with deadone, and considered his opinions to be extreme in many ways, I still think that the site was better with him. I like "discusions", even if one side is following racism. I know that he deserved to be banned, but I think MS should be more tolerant towards douchbags, dickheads and racists.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
29.12.2015 - 01:12
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^This.
Or else MS will gradually converge to a desert =]
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.12.2015 - 02:56
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by mz on 29.12.2015 at 00:53

As much as I disagreed with deadone, and considered his opinions to be extreme in many ways, I still think that the site was better with him. I like "discusions", even if one side is following racism. I know that he deserved to be banned, but I think MS should be more tolerant towards douchbags, dickheads and racists.

Problem is when you start injecting racism in threads that has absolutely nothing to do with that sort of subject matter. It just ruins the discussion for everyone else.
29.12.2015 - 03:15
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Netzach on 29.12.2015 at 02:56

Problem is when you start injecting racism in threads that has absolutely nothing to do with that sort of subject matter. It just ruins the discussion for everyone else.

I agree with that. Perhaps his inappropriate comments could have been deleted instead of banning him, but I understand that creates a lot of work for a staff member, so may not have been practical. I hope people don't think that all Australian's are like him, because I'm not.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
29.12.2015 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.12.2015 at 03:15

Written by Netzach on 29.12.2015 at 02:56

I agree with that. Perhaps his inappropriate comments could have been deleted instead of banning him, but I understand that creates a lot of work for a staff member, so may not have been practical. I hope people don't think that all Australian's are like him, because I'm not.

staff members don't delete other user profiles
only in old days if it has 0 posts was never log in and never used its profile
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 3622 | This month: 10