Metal Storm logo
Cobalt - Launch Second Single

Cobalt are streaming the second track taken from their new album, Slow Forever. The new song is called "Final Will" and it is currently streaming at this location in all its glory. It's almost twelve minutes of new music from the American black metal duo. Are you pleased with that song?

Slow Forever will drop on the 25th of March, 2016 by Profound Lore Records. Check out the tune "Beast Whip" over here if you still haven't.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cobalt
Posted: 03.03.2016 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 56 users
03.03.2016 - 22:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Excitement for this album officially quelled. Just not what I was hoping for at all. Certainly not bad by any means, but it's not Cobalt-level quality.
03.03.2016 - 23:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 03.03.2016 at 22:52

Excitement for this album officially quelled. Just not what I was hoping for at all. Certainly not bad by any means, but it's not Cobalt-level quality.

I gotta admit that while I enjoyed the previous track, I did not love it. And with this one... It just passed me by. I guess I liked it because I played it again but then I forgot about it AGAIN. That's never a good sign.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.03.2016 - 23:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.03.2016 at 23:13

I gotta admit that while I enjoyed the previous track, I did not love it. And with this one... It just passed me by. I guess I liked it because I played it again but then I forgot about it AGAIN. That's never a good sign.

I guess the problem is that Cobalt used to deliver something no other band quite did, in that they were ultra gritty and acerbic sounding, but still had mature feel to them. I don't feel like this is really delivering that. I got no rush of adrenaline here.
04.03.2016 - 01:08
scaesura
I mean... I guess the production is really quite good. But otherwise this is just Cobalt as they have always been to me. Meh. Never really saw the appeal of any of their stuff.

Hits total: 1615 | This month: 5