08. Nuclear Fire
09. Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove
10. Red Rain
11. Fire On The Horizon
12. Living For Metal

Guest review by
hottercraft
Rating:
The new Power Metal generation is here. This new kind of Power Metal doesn't use so much melodies as the classical Power Metal made by bands like Rhapsody or Stratovarius, it use more powerful guitars and it's, in general, faster and more powerful. This new kind of Power Metal is which we'll hear in bands like Iron Savior, Hibria or, of course, Primal Fear.

Read more ››
published 29.05.2007 | Comments (5)

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 134 users
31.03.2016 - 18:22
Rating: 7
Joppe
Steelemeister
Good album in overall, but just barely, because it has many fillers. About half of these songs get a one way ticket to Skip City and won't be missed. On the other hand, songs like "Angel In Black" and "Nuclear Fire" are better than most of what the band has ever done. And while the vocals sound good for majority of the album, I gotta agree with UltraBoris from MA on the vocals being awful when Ralf tries to go too high and does that too often IMO.
----
My vision is augmented
29.06.2016 - 19:43
Rating: 5
majormalfunction

Ten years ago (when I was 16) Primal Fear was the shit. I Loved them with all my heart. Now when I got older and wiser I more and more start to dislike them, they are not a bad band but compared to many other A-class power metal bands they just don't cut it for the most part. This album is a good example of that. They are ripping of Painkiller (the album and the song) more times than I can count and Klaus Sperling is like the Lars Ulrich of power metal, he's playing is so mindless and safe and when he tries to put some new spin to it it just comes of as amateurish and desperate. I really should slug on Mat Sinner as well, but since you can't hear the bass on the album I save it for another time.

Are there anything good here then, well yeah luckily we get some good stuff. The title track, Angel in Black and Red Rain are pretty good sing along tunes and Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove does bring out the best of them where they actually tries something a little different.

So in conclusion the album is predictable, poorly mixed and lacks any kind of flow. it's not the worst power metal you can find but you can save a few ? on skipping this one.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
01.02.2019 - 03:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe best HM album in old time, basically best, songs, riffs, maybe lyrics are not historical, poetical are simple, but its amazing, this is one in a million, its amazing album,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2020 - 22:23
Mountain King
K i K o
Whatever they tried to do here, they did better in Black Sun. It is one my least favorite Primal Fear albums and is barely better than Rulebreaker which was pretty weak as well and my least favorite. I like the title track, "Angel In Black", "Back From Hell" and " Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove" and that's basically it. "Kiss Of Death" has the title of a famous Dokken song and is weak Hell Patrol rip off by Judas Priest although the solo section is pretty good but not even that is as good as the guitar solo in Hell Patrol.
04.09.2022 - 14:16
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
First time listening to this band - Impressive copy of Judas Priest and Halford style

Hits total: 8698 | This month: 18