Metal Storm logo
Body Count - Join Century Media, To Record New Album

After their 2014 comeback record, Manslaughter, Body Count have a new label now. The iconic band (featuring Ice-T on vocals), has officially inked a worldwide deal with Century Media Records and will begin tracking their highly anticipated new, full-length offering with Will Putney (Miss May I, Upon A Burning Body). Putney also tracked the group's last effort.

Ice-T states: "It's cool to be a member of The Century Label Group alongside such a lot of well-established metal artists. With our last album Manslaughter, we tested the waters and got a great response from the fans and critics. Now it's time to go kill it and make a more aggressive album and keep the Body Count style intact. Producer, Will Putney (Miss May I, Upon A Burning Body), is like a member of the band and has an excellent ear. He's a great producer because he captures the true essence of our band's sound. Once we are done writing the song it's his job to step in and make it sound better. He helps move the record in the right direction, were anticipating working with him again. Once the record's done, were going to shoot a lot of music videos and perform spot-dates on certain tests, etc."

Ice-T and cofounder/lead guitarist Ernie C have perfected their mix of thrash, punk and hardcore across five albums, hitting a zenith with Manslaughter, backed by bassist/songwriter Vincent Price (with Body Count now for nearly 15 years), drummer Ill Will (joined in 2009) and new guitarist Juan Garcia of Evildead.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Body Count
Posted: 17.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 31 users
17.06.2016 - 14:33
Overrwatcher

I always found it funny how their former label Sumerian Records was the same band that had Asking Alexandria, The Faceless, and this band all at the same time. It was very very uncharacteristic for them to have Body Count as a band, like Roadrunner having Nickelback. "Sumeriancore" became a term for a reason, and Asking Alexandria were grandfathered in. Bodycount just kind of got onto the label somehow.

Century Media is a more diverse metal label, so they're definitely a better fit.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
17.06.2016 - 15:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Someone signs with someone other than Nuclear Blast?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 1258 | This month: 5